Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Melt down
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Pick one
Gary kubiak
56%
 56%  [ 13 ]
Matt Schaub
26%
 26%  [ 6 ]
Wade Phillips
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Andre Johnson
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
whoever the hell is the oc these days
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
the secondary
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Oline
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Foster
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 23

Raz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, i gotta ask; how is this loss on Kubiak.

Schaub under threw on one beautiful design play were our FB had space to take one to the house.Our special team [inappropriate/removed] up as soon as we had the lead and then our defense gave up a TD on a 3rd 23 yard play.

Idiots?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
DreDay80 wrote:
Why Andre is even on the poll is beyond me....

well, its not like he tried THAT hard to strip that 2nd int, he did the same thing last year vs the ravens in the playoffs when ed reed picked off yates....he just watched, no diving attempt to knock it out or anything

not that I picked him, needless to say I picked Schaub

Anyone else have a problem with Arian just giving up and allowing himself to be run out of bounds at the 39 with only Bethea to beat. If he puts that shoulder down and runs over a safety like he should Texans go up 20-14 vs settling for yet another feild goal. No telling if the kickoff gets returned on the TD vs. the FG, but struck me as a VERY WEAK Franco Harris type play (notorious for running out of bounds in his latter years) for a guy with one man to beat in the open field for a HUGE momentum stealing TD. A ton of blame to go around starting with Kubiak, and yes Schaub, and YES Marciano who should have been fired 2 months ago, but Foster is clearly sputtering to the finish line (which is partially Ben Tate's fault as well).

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is Glover Quin on this list? Letting TY Hilton get past you on 3rd and 23 was unforgivable. This guy gets a pass from Texans fans because he makes hits occasionally, but 75% of the time we give up some inexcusable TD deep I get to watch #29 trailing behind. Dude simply doesn't have the wheels to be the last man back. Anyone else ready to admit the complete failure that is Brandon Harris AGAIN, and that the slow Texans secondary will continue to be exposed by EVERY speed receiver we face out of the slot?

amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Where is Glover Quin on this list? Letting TY Hilton get past you on 3rd and 23 was unforgivable. This guy gets a pass from Texans fans because he makes hits occasionally, but 75% of the time we give up some inexcusable TD deep I get to watch #29 trailing behind. Dude simply doesn't have the wheels to be the last man back. Anyone else ready to admit the complete failure that is Brandon Harris AGAIN, and that the slow Texans secondary will continue to be exposed by EVERY speed receiver we face out of the slot?

I listed secondary because frankly there are too many garbage players back there....quin, harris, demps, ball, and manning has done nothing to warrant his pick up from a year ago....the whole back end has been suspect, but to me thats more the front 7s inability to get pressure outside of JJ watt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:

+1. Our secondary seems built to disrupt the timing of the other team's offense (press corners), but lord do not let the other team's WRs get behind us b/c they will be gone.

Definitely need to focus on some speed in the secondary going forward.

Also, not to keep bashing Brandon Harris, but you could look at his tape & his measureables (as well as his 1st season on the bench) to ascertain all you needed to know. I was not as excited as some when we drafted him mainly because if he loses track of his man..... you can forget it b/c he is toast.

That being said, if we are able to play somewhat off of Cincy's receivers next week (I am presuming) with deep and RESPONSIBLE safety coverage... I think Dalton can be goaded into making mistakes.
texandominance

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get all the Schaub hate. He had 2 games that weren't his best. Last week against Minnesota, he was the best QB in the game. This week he had 2 bad throws. Luck had a few good ones. Early in the game if that Luck fumble doesn't get changed to an incompletion, we aren't having this discussion.

Everyone should just take a breath and relax. We will put together a game plan to beat Cinci. It all starts with the defense, not the offense. We have forced 3 turnovers in the last 4 games. That is not going to win playoffs games. This is still a 12 win team. Wade needs to dial up some new blitzing schemes to help the secondary out. We got no pressure on Luck today. We need to be sacking the QB and forcing bad throws. That is what we are built for and we have gotten away from them the last few games.
BullsonParade

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easily Kubiak.

Second pick would be Schaub.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texandominance wrote:
I don't get all the Schaub hate. He had 2 games that weren't his best. Last week against Minnesota, he was the best QB in the game. This week he had 2 bad throws. Luck had a few good ones. Early in the game if that Luck fumble doesn't get changed to an incompletion, we aren't having this discussion.

Everyone should just take a breath and relax. We will put together a game plan to beat Cinci. It all starts with the defense, not the offense. We have forced 3 turnovers in the last 4 games. That is not going to win playoffs games. This is still a 12 win team. Wade needs to dial up some new blitzing schemes to help the secondary out. We got no pressure on Luck today. We need to be sacking the QB and forcing bad throws. That is what we are built for and we have gotten away from them the last few games.

what??!!? If you don't wanna blame Schaub fine, but to say its on the defense and not the offense, thats just plain wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The overreaction from this loss is incredible. I don't think very much of the Colts, but they're an 11-5 team playing for a coach coming back from cancer. The Texans remain a 12-4 team with the best defensive player in the game. Marciano needs to go after this season, but to hear this many complaints after the best season in franchise history is ridiculous. I'm not saying there are no negatives to talk about, but this is out of hand.

Sig by matthouston91
jch1911

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't necessarily blame Schaub b/c you know what he is:

(1) Effective in play action roll outs
(2) Pop gun arm that needs trickery to get the secondary out of position b/c his fast ball is really a knuckle ball
(3) If you even breathe on his ankles, he is going down in a heap

Once you know what you are dealing with, do not ask him to do things he cannot. He needs to realize if the secondary doesn't bite on the play action fake, for the love of all that is holy, do NOT throw it up there because there is a 70% chance it gets picked off.

That sux, but we know who he is. It becomes the responsibility of the coaches to put him in a position to succeed. Schaub is not going to use his moxie to win games for you, but that's NEVER who he was / has been / or (unlikely) will be.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raz wrote:
OK, i gotta ask; how is this loss on Kubiak.

Schaub under threw on one beautiful design play were our FB had space to take one to the house.Our special team [inappropriate/removed] up as soon as we had the lead and then our defense gave up a TD on a 3rd 23 yard play.

Idiots?

He ran Arian Foster into the ground with needless carries late in games
He drafted DeVier Posey & Keshawn Martin instead of a legit #2
Somehow manages to not point out to referees that the ball was thown BACKWARDS on the challenge, yet challenges with some phantom 12 men on the field call.

Continues to show ZERO killer instinct and the entire team reflects his lame hyper-conservative demeanor
Take this playcalling to open the 4th Quarter with a chance to take the lead...
1st - Foster up the middle for 3 (30 yard line)
2nd -Short pass to Casey for 3 (27 yard line)
3rd - Shotgun empty backfield sack - 8 yard loss
Timeout
Miss 52 yard kick.
3 plays later Luck hits TY Hilton deep for a 70 yard TD 16-28 GAME OVER
That's coaching folks...

Raz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:

He ran Arian Foster into the ground with needless carries late in games
He drafted DeVier Posey & Keshawn Martin instead of a legit #2
Somehow manages to not point out to referees that the ball was thown BACKWARDS on the challenge, yet challenges with some phantom 12 men on the field call.

Arian was good in this game and who should he have drafted instead of DP and KM?
And that challenge flag was thrown because someone up in the box told him they may have been 12 men on the field, that could negate the -9 yard sack.

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Continues to show ZERO killer instinct and the entire team reflects his lame hyper-conservative demeanor
Take this playcalling to open the 4th Quarter with a chance to take the lead...
1st - Foster up the middle for 3 (30 yard line)
2nd -Short pass to Casey for 3 (27 yard line)
3rd - Shotgun empty backfield sack - 8 yard loss
Timeout
Miss 52 yard kick.
3 plays later Luck hits TY Hilton deep for a 70 yard TD 16-28 GAME OVER
That's coaching folks...

Aha, you guys constantly use the playcalling excuse, like he didn't call the same conservative play's in his Denver years.. also graham had already made a 50+ FG.

The reasons you and other posters use against Kubiak are laughable

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
texandominance wrote:

what??!!? If you don't wanna blame Schaub fine, but to say its on the defense and not the offense, thats just plain wrong.

The defense hasn't been anything special in weeks. No turnovers, lack of sacks, were not playing how we should be playing. Part of this is the special teams, which has been awful. Starting field position has been great for the opponents, which is why we hold AP to 86 yards and Ponder under 200 but we get our tales handed to us.

We need to start getting pressure and forcing turnovers like we did early in the year. Schaub has played alright, Foster looked good today, AJ looked great the end of the year. If were going to blame it on part of our offense its the OL not Schuab, Foster or Andre.
texansfan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I am disappointed by how we finished the regular season, I feel like this is part of the growing pains that young teams go through. We need to learn how to be the hunted in the NFL, which will pay off in future years.

If you want to blame anyone, blame Rick Smith. He sacrificed future cap flexibility for a season with younger players. We rid ourselves of Eric Winston and Demeco Ryans after losing Briesel, Dreesen, and Vickers. Our lack of run game can be attributed to these major losses, as Dreesen's blocking has been sorely missed. And Winston on the right side would be a welcome addition over Newton.

All in all, this loss may help us out. We can use that game against the Bengals to try and build some confidence heading into New England. We were clicking last year in that Baltimore game, we just needed a QB. So now that we are underdogs again, maybe we can use that chip to motivate ourselves. We should be disappointed we missed out on the number 1 seed, but we should also remember that we are now looking at back-to-back divisional championships. Three years ago I would have been pretty happy with that.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grasspike wrote:
The overreaction from this loss is incredible. I don't think very much of the Colts, but they're an 11-5 team playing for a coach coming back from cancer. The Texans remain a 12-4 team with the best defensive player in the game. Marciano needs to go after this season, but to hear this many complaints after the best season in franchise history is ridiculous. I'm not saying there are no negatives to talk about, but this is out of hand.

Oh please. The Colts playing for their coach has nothing to do with how our team played and lost to them. This was a perfect opportunity to get the 1st seed in the AFC and we blew it. We blew it last week too. This team can't do anything when it's pressure on them. Same BS everytime and I'm sick of it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: