Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jay glazer reports
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news. Let's hope the ZBS goes also

PM sig requests.
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Are we going to have that same personnel forever? I think it's clear that Reggie wants the ZBS and I'm sure all of his roster moves will show that, most already have.

No, but it's obvious that when we used the PBS last season our offense was much better than it was this year with the ZBS.

You should fit your system around your players, not your players into a system that hasn't worked for us...

I'm not a huge fan of the ZBS, but you don't change your system for players that maw proven to be not very good or injury prone. That's what you do in a rebuild. You put down your foundation with the scheme you want to run and accept that buoy team may struggle because of the person ell but the GMs job is to bring in new players that fit within the system you want to run.

Its one thing to tweak a system when you have an elite player and want to play to their strengths, its a bad move to change your whole system around for players that have proven they are not reliable.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
bitty wrote:
Why wouldn't someone want one of the best OCs in the history of the NFL.

I thought Al did a really good job with our offense last season. I'm not sure why people don't want him back and why they want to stick with the ZBS.

Our offense was at it's best when Hue implemented the PBS.

Are we going to have that same personnel forever? I think it's clear that Reggie wants the ZBS and I'm sure all of his roster moves will show that, most already have.

That's not true. Reggie said he doesn't care what scheme we run, as long as it works.

Personally, I'm not a fan of ZBS. It may work for some teams, but there's different variations of it. A lot of things need to work precisely for it to be effective. I find the whole thing to be gimmicky. I'm more into the old school/traditional push your guy off the ball type offense, but that's just me.
did he say it like that? I'd expect a GM to have a very strong position on what systeem he believes works and what players are needed in such a philosophy. I'd like my GM to hire coaches fitting that philosophy and scout for fitting players. I cannot believe that a GM Would leave it up to the coaches to decide between power or zone blocking. Then what? New OC = different players needed?
Mr.Bob Dobalina

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank god . Can someone please dump Gregg knapps sorry [inappropriate/removed] into the cold water off the Bay Area bridge ?
daineraider

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
Thank god . Can someone please dump Gregg knapps sorry [inappropriate/removed] into the cold water off the Bay Area bridge ?

Wow, I guess firing him just isn't extreme enough. I guess punishment by death is more appropriate in you're eyes.

Sigged by Jamison
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roninho wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
bitty wrote:

I thought Al did a really good job with our offense last season. I'm not sure why people don't want him back and why they want to stick with the ZBS.

That's not true. Reggie said he doesn't care what scheme we run, as long as it works.

Personally, I'm not a fan of ZBS. It may work for some teams, but there's different variations of it. A lot of things need to work precisely for it to be effective. I find the whole thing to be gimmicky. I'm more into the old school/traditional push your guy off the ball type offense, but that's just me.
did he say it like that? I'd expect a GM to have a very strong position on what systeem he believes works and what players are needed in such a philosophy. I'd like my GM to hire coaches fitting that philosophy and scout for fitting players. I cannot believe that a GM Would leave it up to the coaches to decide between power or zone blocking. Then what? New OC = different players needed?

If I recall, he said it twice this year. I can't remember if the first time was when he was hired by Mark Davis or after he hired DA.

This is what he said just recently:
Quote:
Whether itís power scheme, zone scheme, tome itís all about knocking people off the ball, winning battles up front. I donít care what kind of scheme it is. Either itís a good run call or a bad run call. It comes down to those type of things instead of just scheme.

macklemore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daineraider wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:

Wow, I guess firing him just isn't extreme enough. I guess punishment by death is more appropriate in you're eyes.

*your

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
Roninho wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
bitty wrote:

If I recall, he said it twice this year. I can't remember if the first time was when he was hired by Mark Davis or after he hired DA.

This is what he said just recently:
Quote:
Whether itís power scheme, zone scheme, tome itís all about knocking people off the ball, winning battles up front. I donít care what kind of scheme it is. Either itís a good run call or a bad run call. It comes down to those type of things instead of just scheme.

Sounds like he's kind of unintentionally calling out Knapp on his run calls right there IMO.
Mr.Bob Dobalina

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daineraider wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:

didnt say all that just hope he pays for his ineptness!
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
If Terrelle Pryor looks good maybe they'll sign Chris Ault as OC, and install the pistol offense Terrelle Pryor, Darren McFadden, and Marcel Reece would make a nice pistol set. Shocked

Ohhhhh, good call. Wink

Raider X hooked me with the sig
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see Shurmur getting a look as OC
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:

He's just like Knapp. Conservative, ho-hum and won't turn his QBs loose. Ask a Ams fan about him stunting Bradford's growth.

Turner, Mularkey.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

He's just like Knapp. Conservative, ho-hum and won't turn his QBs loose. Ask a Ams fan about him stunting Bradford's growth.

Turner, Mularkey.

You think Mularkey gets fired?
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norv Turner, Jeff Tedford, or Marty Mornhinweg would all be really solid hires. I'd love to take a look at Mark Helfrich but it may be hard to get him away from Oregon.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Norv Turner, Jeff Tedford, or Marty Mornhinweg would all be really solid hires. I'd love to take a look at Mark Helfrich but it may be hard to get him away from Oregon.

Those are my top 3, in that order too.

big thanks to OakleyCap on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: