Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 17 Other Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 46506
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Ponder to Wright.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Richter


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 12050
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
If the Vikings hold the lead, AP should absolutely be the MVP.


Even if they lose, he should be the MVP. Probably doesn't have a shot in the minds of the voters without making the playoffs though.

Just my opinion, but a running back should never be MVP, just due to the nature of the position. If they changed the award to be for the most outstanding player, I could see it, but the word valuable basically limits it to quarterbacks only.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 46506
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
If the Vikings hold the lead, AP should absolutely be the MVP.


Even if they lose, he should be the MVP. Probably doesn't have a shot in the minds of the voters without making the playoffs though.

Just my opinion, but a running back should never be MVP, just due to the nature of the position. If they changed the award to be for the most outstanding player, I could see it, but the word valuable basically limits it to quarterbacks only.
Peterson this year has been an exception. I don't remember the last time a RB was so integral to his team's success.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 23566
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Richter wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
If the Vikings hold the lead, AP should absolutely be the MVP.


Even if they lose, he should be the MVP. Probably doesn't have a shot in the minds of the voters without making the playoffs though.

Just my opinion, but a running back should never be MVP, just due to the nature of the position. If they changed the award to be for the most outstanding player, I could see it, but the word valuable basically limits it to quarterbacks only.
Peterson this year has been an exception. I don't remember the last time a RB was so integral to his team's success.


Yeah, I can see both sides of it. Thing is though (to Richter's point), if you disqualify a RB based on "the nature of the position" you are pretty much limiting the MVP race to QB's.

But, other than Barry Sanders, I can't remember too many other RB's who single-handedly carried his team to playoff contention the way Peterson has this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 23566
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I dislike the NFC East primetime games, I'm really looking forward to tonight's Redskins/Cowboys matchup
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NinjaZX6R


Joined: 05 Jun 2011
Posts: 9052
Location: Columbus, Ohio
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Dungy. Criticizing Harbaugh for resting starters.
_________________
"Let's show some toughness. Yeah...Toughness and go makes some plays"
-Tom Brady
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NinjaZX6R


Joined: 05 Jun 2011
Posts: 9052
Location: Columbus, Ohio
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich, if you were forced to bet, who would you take? Skins or Cows?
_________________
"Let's show some toughness. Yeah...Toughness and go makes some plays"
-Tom Brady
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 39700
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaZX6R wrote:
LOL Dungy. Criticizing Harbaugh for resting starters.


He did? wow, talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 46506
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Dungy is not a good person.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 23566
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Tony Dungy is not a good person.


Pretty terrible, actually. Can't stand his "good guy" image.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Richter


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 12050
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaZX6R wrote:
Rich, if you were forced to bet, who would you take? Skins or Cows?

I have a little bit of money on the Redskins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
finn54


Moderator
Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 12354
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If AD isn't MVP, you might legitimately see me lose my shiz.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Richter


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 12050
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finn54 wrote:
If AD isn't MVP, you might legitimately see me lose my shiz.

I consider it Brady in a runaway according to advanced statistics, but I'm not losing any sleep over it. The media votes for storylines and is beyond ignorant, it's a meaningless award.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 39700
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
finn54 wrote:
If AD isn't MVP, you might legitimately see me lose my shiz.

I consider it Brady in a runaway according to advanced statistics, but I'm not losing any sleep over it. The media votes for storylines and is beyond ignorant, it's a meaningless award.


I would love for Brady to MVP, but i would be very upset if Manning wins it over AP.
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sciz


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 15740
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brady's got no chance. He's got fewer turnovers, more TDs, way more points scored, won head to head, and had a worse defense. But nope, no chance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group