Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Black Monday to Strike Again
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HDsportsfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
The Cardinals really is a good situation for Reid with the exception of ownership. I'm fairly familiar with Phoenix. Given his family situation, I think Phoenix is a much better change of pace.

Compared to Philly....yea....I'd have to agree with that.
sniderboys23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
HDsportsfan wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
Damn, I'm almost in shock as to how fast this is moving...

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
KTVK in Phoenix first reported that Andy Reid and the Cardinals are close to a deal.
the problem is, they still have to fulfill the Rooney Rule. And if they have everything in place before they even interview Horton to fulfill the rule, they can be penalized for it.

NFL live said they already interviewd Ray Horton.

Gee, the token interview. I hate that crap. It totally undermines the purpose of the Rooney Rule. If you're a minority candidate, why even accept the interview when you know that it's not due to genuine interest but to fill a requirement?
well if I remember correctly mike singletary was the hey lets just bring him In for minority rule. Wound up getting the job when it was just to appease the rule

Major Props to El Ramster!!!!
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins
Cowboys ST coach joe DeCamillis will interview for Bears HC gig on Saturday in Dallas.

GOOD LUCK JOE D!!! I'VE GOT FAITH IN YOU!

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
Quote:
Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins
Cowboys ST coach joe DeCamillis will interview for Bears HC gig on Saturday in Dallas.

GOOD LUCK JOE D!!! I'VE GOT FAITH IN YOU!

Damn skippy, Bears not hiring Coach Joe woud be an epic mistake.

Kiltman on avy Pepper90 on sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Runaway Jim

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Turner won Super Bowls in 1992 and 1993 as Cowboys offensive coordinator. Dallas won't be his next destination, he said.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/dec/31/norv-turners-focus-turns-nfl-future/

Probably for the best. Maybe Callahan takes over the play calling.

^daboyle250
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Runaway Jim wrote:
Quote:
Turner won Super Bowls in 1992 and 1993 as Cowboys offensive coordinator. Dallas won't be his next destination, he said.

Smoke maybe. I can see Callahan getting duties and dropping OL duties. Now who would be OL coach?

George Selvie Fan Club
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Runaway Jim wrote:
Quote:

Smoke maybe. I can see Callahan getting duties and dropping OL duties. Now who would be OL coach?

I would hate to see Callahan drop the o line duties, he got the group to play decent towards the end of the season and that is with a center and a guard who shouldnt be here next year and a RT that played like a backup. I think he can do wonders with some added talent and a group that spends a whole offseason together.

Does Callahan have NFL experience from being a OC? and from where/when?
Desperado82

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:

He was the Raiders OC under Jon Gruden from '99-2001 before taking over as head coach. He got Rich Gannon to have an MVP season, so it would be interesting to see what he could do here if actually handed playcalling duties.

^^^mack
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
Runaway Jim wrote:
Quote:

I would hate to see Callahan drop the o line duties, he got the group to play decent towards the end of the season and that is with a center and a guard who shouldnt be here next year and a RT that played like a backup. I think he can do wonders with some added talent and a group that spends a whole offseason together.

Raiders OC '98-'01

From Wikipedia...

Quote:
Under Callahan's guidance, the Raiders led the NFL in passing for the first time in team history and led the league in total offense for just the second time in team history.
During his tenure as not only head coach but also offensive coordinator for the Raiders, the Raider offense led the league in rushing in 2000 and led the league in passing in 2002. In 2002, the Raiders became the first team to win games in the same season while rushing at least 60 times (against Kansas City in a 24-0 win) and passing at least 60 times (against Pittsburgh in a 30-17 win). The Raider offense also set many franchise records during this period, including fewest sacks allowed [28] in 2000, a mark that was broken the following year [27].

George Selvie Fan Club
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
Runaway Jim wrote:
Quote:

Raiders OC '98-'01

From Wikipedia...

Quote:
Under Callahan's guidance, the Raiders led the NFL in passing for the first time in team history and led the league in total offense for just the second time in team history.
During his tenure as not only head coach but also offensive coordinator for the Raiders, the Raider offense led the league in rushing in 2000 and led the league in passing in 2002. In 2002, the Raiders became the first team to win games in the same season while rushing at least 60 times (against Kansas City in a 24-0 win) and passing at least 60 times (against Pittsburgh in a 30-17 win). The Raider offense also set many franchise records during this period, including fewest sacks allowed [28] in 2000, a mark that was broken the following year [27].

wow, that really does sound interesting. I had no idea, that he had so much success as a OC. I do find it weird, that he was not offered a OC job afterwards?
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
Runaway Jim wrote:
Quote:

Raiders OC '98-'01

From Wikipedia...

Quote:

wow, that really does sound interesting. I had no idea, that he had so much success as a OC. I do find it weird, that he was not offered a OC job afterwards?

If you knew the whole story, it would not be weird. First, I don't know the guy but apparently he is extremely unlikeable. Before he was fired as the HC, he threw the entire team under the bus in an all time great diatribe. Coaches always preach to not aire your dirty laundry. Callahan had no problems airing his. Then, he became one of the worst HC's in Nebraska history. Again, by all accounts, the guy was hated.

Slam sig bet participants:

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
Runaway Jim wrote:
Quote:

Raiders OC '98-'01

From Wikipedia...

Quote:

If you knew the whole story, it would not be weird. First, I don't know the guy but apparently he is extremely unlikeable. Before he was fired as the HC, he threw the entire team under the bus in an all time great diatribe. Coaches always preach to not aire your dirty laundry. Callahan had no problems airing his. Then, he became one of the worst HC's in Nebraska history. Again, by all accounts, the guy was hated.

Thanks for clarifying that.
textaz03

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Chiefs have announced they have fired GM Scott Pioli. This is an anticipated move prior to the hiring of Andy Reid, who wants personnel control as HC.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
textaz03

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And then there were 6 HC vacancies.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/04/report-chiefs-and-andy-reid-agree-to-deal/

Andy Reid has accepted a contract from the Chiefs.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
And then there were 6 HC vacancies.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/04/report-chiefs-and-andy-reid-agree-to-deal/

Andy Reid has accepted a contract from the Chiefs.

Good for him. Not that he isnt an Eagles coach, I can respect him much more. Always thought he was a class act and true grinder with the eagles. Well, as much as a big fat walrus can be. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: