Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 17 GDT: Carolina Panthers @ New Orleans Saints
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boondock

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
Cypher wrote:
Most pathetic offensive performance i've seen from us in years, including Clausen.

You went too far, man.

No doubt. I remember games under Clausen where we didn't get past the 50 on offense. The only way we would score would get a turnover on the other side of the field and kick a FG.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a lighter note, Mike Goodson got ejected from todays game along with Takeo Spikes Laughing

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Gamecocks
iknowcool

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We get Seattle, Giants, and New England at home next year rather than having to travel. That is HUGE.

Much rather have to travel to Buffalo, Arizona, and Miami than those 3 places. Traveling to Minnesota won't be easy though nor is facing San Francisco at their place.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
We get Seattle, Giants, and New England at home next year rather than having to travel. That is HUGE.

Much rather have to travel to Buffalo, Arizona, and Miami than those 3 places. Traveling to Minnesota won't be easy though nor is facing San Francisco at their place.

Definitely more manageable playing those teams at home. Buffalo could be a problem if we play in inclement weather.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
iknowcool wrote:

Definitely more manageable playing those teams at home. Buffalo could be a problem if we play in inclement weather.

buffalo could be a problem if our entire starting lineup is out due to injury and a snow storm brings down the plane on the way to that hole

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you guys hear Steve Smith's interview on panthers.com?

I think if we make the playoffs next year and at least win a game, he's done. Still an extremely competitive guy but for years it just sounds like he is not going to hesitate to retire. I think another birth in the playoffs would do it for him. Plus he is about to turn 34.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:

Usually finishing 2nd as opposed to 4th hurts our schedule next year, but I prefer Minnesota to Detroit or Chicago.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
OneBadCat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:

I think if we make the playoffs next year and at least win a game, he's done. Still an extremely competitive guy but for years it just sounds like he is not going to hesitate to retire. I think another birth in the playoffs would do it for him. Plus he is about to turn 34.

Yeah I saw that. It could just be jitters he's feeling right now. I love Smith to death and I hope he gives us at least another 2 years. He's still such a great WR. I'm wondering if he's beating himself up over a couple of the catches he should have had.

Just watching that interview and the Rivera one makes me think we are going bring in a WR. Smith's been dying to get in the slot for years. He could probably put up better numbers there as well.

It's ultimately his choice and I'm sure with the way Smith plays the game he has a lot of aches that people don't know about.
Panthers11

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OneBadCat wrote:
iknowcool wrote:

Yeah I saw that. It could just be jitters he's feeling right now. I love Smith to death and I hope he gives us at least another 2 years. He's still such a great WR. I'm wondering if he's beating himself up over a couple of the catches he should have had.

Just watching that interview and the Rivera one makes me think we are going bring in a WR. Smith's been dying to get in the slot for years. He could probably put up better numbers there as well.

It's ultimately his choice and I'm sure with the way Smith plays the game he has a lot of aches that people don't know about.

Man, I hope so. This is the year we need to.
The draft is weak for #1 WR's.
Mike Wallace could excel in a deep passing system. Bowe is a great redzone target. Not crazy about Jennings. Hate Welker.

Bowe would be my favorite. I feel our redzone passing game is bad outside of my main man, Olsen. So reliable.

OneBadCat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowe would be a good redzone target. But he wouldn't take the top off of a defense. If we got him we would still need to run WR by committee and hang onto guys like Gettis and Murphy for a deep threat.

Mike Wallace is a long-er term option. I'm worried that he has character concerns though.
Panthers11

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OneBadCat wrote:
Bowe would be a good redzone target. But he wouldn't take the top off of a defense. If we got him we would still need to run WR by committee and hang onto guys like Gettis and Murphy for a deep threat.

Mike Wallace is a long-er term option. I'm worried that he has character concerns though.

Smith in the slot, combined with Bowe and LaFell would be fine for deep routes. We need a redzone threat. Bowe would be much better than Wallace.

rjkilla

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or we could go with a two TE set and run barnidge out there with olsen. don't know why we don't do that more on 3rd down and in the red zone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: