Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 17 GDT: Carolina Panthers @ New Orleans Saints
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BringinDaPain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
Like I said, I don't mind Rivera staying like I did. Though I still question how he adjusts at halftime. But we've been playing extremely competitive ball these past 2 years.

However, Chud has to go IMO.

Agreed. Let's replace Chud and see what happens.

Maybe with a Norv Turner?

I still believe this is what's going to happen. Chud gets fired and Turner takes over as OC.

2011 OROY Winner - Cam Newton
2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly
2013 DPOY Winner - Luke Kuechly
2014 OROY Watch - Kelvin Benjamin
BringinDaPain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjkilla wrote:
just had to check back in to say.....BAHAHAHAH ARMANTI GOT RAN DOWN BY A FREAKING PUNTER!! CUT THAT MAN!!!

Would be surprised if Armanti is back next year. Same can be said about David Gettis.

2011 OROY Winner - Cam Newton
2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly
2013 DPOY Winner - Luke Kuechly
2014 OROY Watch - Kelvin Benjamin
FriendlyEnemy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweepings the Saints
Going 1-1 against the Falcons
Getting swept by the Bucs

If I said this at the beginning of the season who would have believed me?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
Really hoping we just have Stewie and Tolbert next year.

Really? I feel that D Willie is a more reliable runner for the long haul. J. Stew has good trade value, esp. with his age. The Panther's backfield is too crowded and Tolbert is the most valuable back, in terms of TD's. But D. Willie can get it done between the 20's and another back not named Stewart. Both Williams and Stewart are feature backs who need 15-20 carries/game to excel.
FriendlyEnemy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbrown2699 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:

Really? I feel that D Willie is a more reliable runner for the long haul. J. Stew has good trade value, esp. with his age. The Panther's backfield is too crowded and Tolbert is the most valuable back, in terms of TD's. But D. Willie can get it done between the 20's and another back not named Stewart. Both Williams and Stewart are feature backs who need 15-20 carries/game to excel.

I agree, but at the same time I don't see either one of them going anywhere. If I had to pick I'd choose to keep Deangelo. He is much more reliable a runner and stays on the field more often than Stewart. How many games has Stewart missed because of injury? I hate to see him go, but I think we could get a 3rd and possibly a 2nd if we ship off to some team like Green Bay.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 - Rivera deserves another year. I don't want to start over with another scheme. I would be fine with Turner taking over for Chud. Chud can go to TE coach or something.

2 - DeAngelo is way better than Stewart. Stewart can't stay healthy. They were both paid way too much, but that is done. Don't know what can be done to restructure, but if we have to keep one, Stewart needs to go.

3 - Armanti Edwards got flat out chased down on the run back today, and despite showing some flashes, he is a wasted roster spot.

4 - Gettis is probably gone (as someone else said).

5 - Beason needs to give some money back (restructure) or he needs to go. We have our middle linebacker of the future.

6 - Some of the DBs who played late this year were very solid. DJ Campbell and Josh Thomas in particular. They need to resign Captain - he will be cheap.

7 - Nakamura and Martin are gone.

8 - Fua should be cut.

9 - I think the back up linemen on both sides of the ball played admirably, but we need to sure those positions up in the draft or through free agency as well as get a good Safety.
Moody

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armanti proved today that he isn't a return man. Any return man worth his pay would've put a move on the punter, or you know, just outran him.

There's no excuse for that. I remember when he had that catch in Washington and I thought he looked a bit slow. Same thing here. He has zero top end speed.
boondock

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moody wrote:
Armanti proved today that he isn't a return man. Any return man worth his pay would've put a move on the punter, or you know, just outran him.

There's no excuse for that. I remember when he had that catch in Washington and I thought he looked a bit slow. Same thing here. He has zero top end speed.

Armanti has the body of a playmaker, speed of a possession receiver. That generally does not work at the NFL level, unless you are Wes Welker.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FriendlyEnemy wrote:
tbrown2699 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:

I agree, but at the same time I don't see either one of them going anywhere. If I had to pick I'd choose to keep Deangelo. He is much more reliable a runner and stays on the field more often than Stewart. How many games has Stewart missed because of injury? I hate to see him go, but I think we could get a 3rd and possibly a 2nd if we ship off to some team like Green Bay.

The thing with trading Stewart is the team that trades for him has to be willing to pay the contract that the Panthers signed him to. Williams can tote the rock for another 2 years with Tolbert in the mix and another random back. Stewie just can't stay healthy enough to prove that he deserves the money that the Panthers are paying him. He'll do much better on a team that uses him as a "feature" back. That being said, I will hate to see him face the Panthers in a feature role. Dude is a stud, but I just trust D. Williams more.
Panthers11

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before this stretch of games, Stewie has barely missed any time in his career. His injury worries are too exaggerated.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
tbrown2699

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
Before this stretch of games, Stewie has barely missed any time in his career. His injury worries are too exaggerated.

Agree, but he has missed more practice time than another Panther not on IR. Stewart just has more trade value than Williams. And DeAngelo can still get it done, as he has in the past 6 games. RB's are becoming a "dime a dozen", and the Panther's have more than enough...
Panthers11

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbrown2699 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:

Agree, but he has missed more practice time than another Panther not on IR. Stewart just has more trade value than Williams. And DeAngelo can still get it done, as he has in the past 6 games. RB's are becoming a "dime a dozen", and the Panther's have more than enough...

-Missing practice does not matter.
-Stewart is cheaper.
-Stewart is younger.
-Stewart is better.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
FriendlyEnemy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
tbrown2699 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:

-Missing practice does not matter.
-Stewart is cheaper.
-Stewart is younger.
-Stewart is better.

Stewart missed 7 games this season. If he can't hit the field then he isn't much use to us.

Also, its debatable who is better between Stewart and Williams. If you want a guy that will consistently get you 3-7 yards on any given carry, go Stewart. Want a guy that can get you 1-50 yards on any given carry? Go Williams.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeAngelo's late season surge might've upped his trade value a bit. He's a home run threat. He can flip field position and he's generally safe with the ball. His biggest drawback is his pass blocking which hurts on third down.

He did quite a bit with a terrible offensive line. Put him behind a good line and he could still go 1500.
iknowcool

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys do realize Williams doesn't have a good history of staying healthy either, right?

I like Williams but if we had to choose, we'd be better off choosing the younger option.

cpanthers178990 wrote:
Panthers coming back from 13 down is like a normal team coming back from 35 down.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: