Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Breaking down Aaron's interceptions (Indy up)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Breaking down Aaron's interceptions (Indy up) Reply with quote

A little project I wanted to do. Got bored so I started it early.

vs SF
vs Chi
vs NO
@ Ind

Last edited by justo on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:39 am; edited 5 times in total
justo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[1] Green Bay comes out with Nelson-Jennings-Jones split out wide (in that order), with Kuhn and Benson in the backfield. San Francisco goes with their base 3-4.

[2] Safeties both have deep assignments, while the outside CBs go man. The OLB that is assigned over Jennings will be in zone coverage with the rest of the WRs.

[3] Here's another angle.

[4] Here's who ends up blocking who. Only four rusher on the play, Lang has no blocking partner. Aldon Smith is the only non DL member coming on the rush.

[5] As the play starts, Kuhn and Benson figure out that they aren't needed in pass coverage, so they go to the flats. Willis first goes to Kuhn who continues to run past his zone into the OLB's zone that is covering Jennings. Willis halts and the OLB drops off Jennings to Kuhn. Here is what the play looks like right before Aaron attempts to get it to Jennings (Jennings thinks he's go this one too, he raises his hand to call for it even)

[6] You see a lot in this final shot. The safety and CB on Nelson, the OL/pass rush post throw, the OLB on Kuhn, the ILB in the range of Benson, the other safety coming down, and Willis making a really athletic play on the ball. I don't think this play get made nine times out of ten.
justo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[1] Green Bay comes out in a two WR two TE set. Benson in the backfield, Jordy and Williams on the left (nothing to back this up but I would venture to guess that in two TE sets with Finley, Williams is lined up on the left most of the time. same with Crabtree.) with Jones and FInley on the right. Chicago is in 4-3 but they show blitz and bring down a S before the play is snapped. Rodgers calls an audible which I would assume is max pro.

[2] Chicago is playing three deep and three shallow zone. The other five are coming on a blitz.

[3] Another angle.

[4] Who got who in pass pro assignments.

[5] The play is off and the defense bites on the run before realizing Benson doesn't actually have the ball off the action. Briggs and Urlacher start running back to Jones' area once they realize it's a pass. So does the S. Everyone else just keeps doing what they are doing.

[6] I don't really understand this throw to be honest. Nelson is running out of space, Jones isn't in great position, and Benson is open (hand up) on the check down. Rodgers sends it deep with no hurry (that he can see at least, Williams is losing his man but it's on Rodgers' blind side and I doubt he could see him getting free from the angel they are both at.)

[7] Here is Jones as he breaks to the sideline. Look at the depth of his and Tillman's feet.

[8] Jones let's Tillman get in front of him on the play, tries to go air bound to make up for it, but can't.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can see from the picture 5 it's Finley and Crabtree in the Bears play.

Great analysis though
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Tim Jennings not Peanut

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
Pugger

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the time when he throws INTs is it because of a great play by the defender. Only rarely do we say to ourselves "who in the h is he throwing it to?"

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
It's Tim Jennings not Peanut
Brain fart by me Laughing
justo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[1] Green Bay comes out in a 3 WR set with Finley at TE and Benson in the backfield.

[2] Reverse angle.

[3] I think Green Bay runs four seams but Jones sees the CB gives him a lot of cushion and cuts it short. Defense is running what it did for the SF interception (this is basically cover two but I think the CBs are playing man.)

[4] Reverse angle.

[5] When Rodgers gets rid of the ball it looks like everyone is pretty much open. With Nelson already behind the CB he goes with him.

[6] Protection looks fine so he was in no hurry.

[7] Rodgers to Nelson connection was a little short and leaping/diving play was made by the CB.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double on Fin and Bens with Jordy clearly toasting Robinson on a deep route? Yeah you gotta go for that.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember that Saints one. I wasn't even mad. That was a hell of a catch by the DB. Could have been a better throw, but QBs get away with worse quite often.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
justo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[1] Indianapolis is running a cover 3 man with a spy at the LOS.

[2] LOS shot with the gaps the Colts are taking and who blocked who. #50 drops back to spy/play zone and so Saturday has no one to block.

[3] We go low on the outside guys. Rodgers needs to make the pass quick.

[4] Here is how everyone looks when the pass gets off.

[5] When Jones looks back at first he's in front of the WR.

[6] They go back a step or two (both walking backwards) and a play is made. Jones' guy got in front of him (just like Chicago.

[7] Here is the two images overlapping.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: