Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jon Beason?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RIZE FALCONS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Jon Beason? Reply with quote

There is speculating that Beason will be released and if he is what areour chances of getting him and do we even want him, I want some opinions and i am curiuos could we afford him!
devils1854

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no thanks. You build championship teams through the draft, and not by picking up guys that are over the hill, or have a serious injury history.

#JDI
tech2186

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beason isn't over the hill , but his price tag might be to high. His injury concerns could lower the tag. I'd love to get him tho. He is excellent in coverage.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
devils1854

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
Beason isn't over the hill , but his price tag might be to high. His injury concerns could lower the tag. I'd love to get him tho. He is excellent in coverage.

was speaking in generalities. Thats why I said over the hill OR have injury concerns.

#JDI
Lentz33

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
no thanks. You build championship teams through the draft, and not by picking up guys that are over the hill, or have a serious injury history.

So we pick up one guy and all the sudden we aren't superbowl contenders?

Anyway, if he comes cheap enough, why not?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he could come cheap if he is released u know he is gonna have a prove it contract to stay healthy i say when healthy he is one of the best! I would take him in a heart beat!
mjmiller

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhhhhhhh where do i sign up? talent wise he could be #2 in the league behind Patrick Willis. the man is a complete gem but has trouble staying on the field the last 2 years. as long as the price tag isnt outrageous, then yes. pairing him up with Spoon would jus make the D that much better.
devils1854

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:

Nice strawman argument

Most teams that are considered consistent winners do not make these big splashes in free agency. They build their teams through the draft. When was the last time that Green Bay or Pittsburgh or even New England went out and got really big name free agents? If they go out and bring guys in, its bargain barrel guys like a Andre Carter, Chad Johnson, or Brandon Lloyd.

Teams like Washington and Philadelphia go out and win the offseasons, but it doesnt work during the season.

It seems like everyone on this board wants to go out and make a big splash by signing this guy and that guy, and dont stop to think about the potential ramifications cap wise down the road. Look at the Dunta contract. We need to get out of that badly, and luckily he only had 3 mil guaranteed so it wont be bad, but how many teams go into cap hell because of awful signings? It might not hurt the starting 22, but those teams dont have depth.

#JDI
CJ4life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind going for it. Not like we'll be able to get a better linebacker after the 3rd round than him anyway. If he stays healthy it would be a huge steal.

driftwood wrote:
haggis wrote:
i bet if you had sould after he jumped a little cough here and there usually follow

lol, wait what?
mjmiller

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:

Nice strawman argument

Most teams that are considered consistent winners do not make these big splashes in free agency. They build their teams through the draft. When was the last time that Green Bay or Pittsburgh or even New England went out and got really big name free agents? If they go out and bring guys in, its bargain barrel guys like a Andre Carter, Chad Johnson, or Brandon Lloyd.

Teams like Washington and Philadelphia go out and win the offseasons, but it doesnt work during the season.

It seems like everyone on this board wants to go out and make a big splash by signing this guy and that guy, and dont stop to think about the potential ramifications cap wise down the road. Look at the Dunta contract. We need to get out of that badly, and luckily he only had 3 mil guaranteed so it wont be bad, but how many teams go into cap hell because of awful signings? It might not hurt the starting 22, but those teams dont have depth.

u cant throw Washington out there lol they sign over the hill players that were never really that good to HUGE contracts. i mean who else other then them would of signed Adam Archuleta to that contract? lol

now i do remember Green Bay signing Charles Woodson...and New England signing Randy Moss.

we normally do go out and sign 1 FA a year, and for the most part it has worked out (exception of Ray Edwards). Jon Beason could be our 1 signing this year. and he should come relatively cheap.
panattack86

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly dont see him being released. he will either be traded or restructure his deal. Beason has said he would move to OLB so that he can come back to play for the panthers. He played OLB at THE U. I would rather have beason and davis splitting time at OLB than losing one of them. If either gets hurts w/o the panthers having the other as a backup it would be disastrous bc senn or whoever is a major step down. With that being said if he was to be released the falcons would be dumb not to sign him if he's healthy. When healthy he is the second best MLB behind Willis. The knee injury to me was caused by him trying to push through the Achilles injury and wanting to come back.
tech2186

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panattack86 wrote:
Honestly dont see him being released. he will either be traded or restructure his deal. Beason has said he would move to OLB so that he can come back to play for the panthers. He played OLB at THE U. I would rather have beason and davis splitting time at OLB than losing one of them. If either gets hurts w/o the panthers having the other as a backup it would be disastrous bc senn or whoever is a major step down. With that being said if he was to be released the falcons would be dumb not to sign him if he's healthy. When healthy he is the second best MLB behind Willis. The knee injury to me was caused by him trying to push through the Achilles injury and wanting to come back.

Yeah chances are he is brought back if he can restructure his deal is what I'm hearing. But Beason has a lot of pride and he still wants to play MLB. Either way it will be interesting to see what happens.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
Lentz33

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:

Nice strawman argument

Let me know when there is a guy in the 3rd round of the draft that can come in and make as big of an immediate impact as Beason would. What you're saying is by adding more impact players we are somehow making the team worse. Which really makes no sense.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:

Mike smith quote alert Smile

2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
devils1854

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:

Nice strawman argument

Let me know when there is a guy in the 3rd round of the draft that can come in and make as big of an immediate impact as Beason would. What you're saying is by adding more impact players we are somehow making the team worse. Which really makes no sense.

Let me know when giving 20+ mill to an aging/injury prone player is worth the money.

New England lets Richard Seymour go. Pittsburgh lets Mike Wallace go. Green Bay lets Greg Jennings and Jermichael Finley go. Why??????? They draft and develop, and have faith in 4-7 rd picks that look good in practice or spurts.

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: