Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adam9

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
If you haven't looked at this guy Gavin Escobar you should. He measured into the combine at 6'5 7/8, 254 lbs, With 33" 5/8 in arms. Watching him play some he reminds me a lot of Tony G(Obviously not on his level though.) If this guy impresses at the combine I could honestly see him going in the late 2nd round.

Escobar is one of about 3 TEs that I wouldnt mind looking at around the 3rd. Others being Kelce from Cincinnati, and Reed from Florida, but it sounds like Reed's stock is on the rise.

The three I want are Eifert, Kelce, and Escobar. Not to toot my own horn on Escobar but I predicted last offseason he could be a 3rd-4th round pick. I really liked seeing him and Lindley out at SDSU.

To show some ignorance I had, I thought Kelce was pretty bad. I had watched some Cincy games on TV and just didn't see it, but when Tennesssee hired Butch Jones and Butch was talking about how much his TEs mean to the offense he runs I went back and watched some film. He's an impressive dude and is really a complete TE. His bro isn't half bad either...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
If you haven't looked at this guy Gavin Escobar you should. He measured into the combine at 6'5 7/8, 254 lbs, With 33" 5/8 in arms. Watching him play some he reminds me a lot of Tony G(Obviously not on his level though.) If this guy impresses at the combine I could honestly see him going in the late 2nd round.

Escobar is one of about 3 TEs that I wouldnt mind looking at around the 3rd. Others being Kelce from Cincinnati, and Reed from Florida, but it sounds like Reed's stock is on the rise.

The three I want are Eifert, Kelce, and Escobar. Not to toot my own horn on Escobar but I predicted last offseason he could be a 3rd-4th round pick. I really liked seeing him and Lindley out at SDSU.

To show some ignorance I had, I thought Kelce was pretty bad. I had watched some Cincy games on TV and just didn't see it, but when Tennesssee hired Butch Jones and Butch was talking about how much his TEs mean to the offense he runs I went back and watched some film. He's an impressive dude and is really a complete TE. His bro isn't half bad either...

Kelce didnt have much to work with in Munchie Legeau as his QB, but he showed glimpses everytime I saw him.

If you go back to my college football preview this year, I had Escobar as my top TE in college. Always thought he was a beast.

#JDI
adam9

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell yeah. Escobar solidified himself in my mind last year too.

Stoked its already approaching draft time!! It's the reason I have an FF account Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:

Stoked its already approaching draft time!! It's the reason I have an FF account Laughing

That's the reason 85% of the forum has accounts. Search mock draft and this site comes up. You take a look at the forum and see that there is a Falcon one, and you're intrigued. You take a look at the posts and you're distrubed by the amount of arguing between scar and the artist now known as swoosh, while Olympia Martin tries to moderate, and you're scared to join, but you have nothing else to do between drunken nights in college, so here you are.

Wait, that might be me.

#JDI
adam9

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
adam9 wrote:

That's the reason 85% of the forum has accounts. Search mock draft and this site comes up. You take a look at the forum and see that there is a Falcon one, and you're intrigued. You take a look at the posts and you're distrubed by the amount of arguing between scar and the artist now known as swoosh, while Olympia Martin tries to moderate, and you're scared to join, but you have nothing else to do between drunken nights in college, so here you are.

Wait, that might be me.

Like you said I think that's 95% of us Laughing

I joined post-Scar/Swoosh fighting era, wish I could've been here for that. The Falcons forum as I know it is pretty good for the most part. A lot of chill people just talking sports. NFL Gen is what you have to watch out for. I do spend a lot of time on here, whether in boring classes or at home.

Wish there was more Braves/Hawks fans though...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
adam9 wrote:

Wait, that might be me.

I joined post-Scar/Swoosh fighting era, wish I could've been here for that. The Falcons forum as I know it is pretty good for the most part. A lot of chill people just talking sports. NFL Gen is what you have to watch out for. I do spend a lot of time on here, whether in boring classes or at home.

Braves have the most fans on FF easily. Hawks........well it's you, Chip, and myself, just like real life.

Edit-I only go into General if I'm really really bored. That's where the AJC fans go to discuss football.

#JDI
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
adam9 wrote:

Wait, that might be me.

Braves have the most fans on FF easily. Hawks........well it's you, Chip, and myself, just like real life.

Edit-I only go into General if I'm really really bored. That's where the AJC fans go to discuss football.
I'm a Hawks, Braves, Falcons fan...

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
devils1854

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
adam9 wrote:

Wait, that might be me.

And we discuss that on twitter. Smile

#JDI
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
adam9 wrote:

Wait, that might be me.

And we discuss that on twitter. Smile
I swear to god. I have no idea who any of y'all are on twitter.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
adam9

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like a lot of us are ATL sports fans in general, but its hard to get excited over the Hawks right now. In time I think we can be good. Tonight's win was fun as hell to watch.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toilolo with a 4.75 unofficial.

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: