Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FalconsMVP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont know if you guys knew this already or not, was a while ago which is nice but still a little concerning

Quote:
Bernard enrolled at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, but he was forced to redshirt after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee during a preseason practice in August 2010.

Was 3 years ago, which is good, but RBs with major knee injuries is always a risk. Seeing this hurts me because I want the Falcons to draft him soooo much! Does still definetly have his burst though, so the front office may not mind.

Foster A Falcon:
1. Jonathan Massaquoi (46 combined tackles, 4 sack, 1 PD)
2. Joplo Bartu (85 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 1 PD)
Willthethrill_H

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconsMVP wrote:
Dont know if you guys knew this already or not, was a while ago which is nice but still a little concerning

Quote:
Bernard enrolled at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, but he was forced to redshirt after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee during a preseason practice in August 2010.

Was 3 years ago, which is good, but RBs with major knee injuries is always a risk. Seeing this hurts me because I want the Falcons to draft him soooo much! Does still definetly have his burst though, so the front office may not mind.

Didn't know that. It's possible that this guy is just now getting started if my limited knowledge of injuries is correct. He may have higher potential than we know.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconsMVP wrote:

Quote:

Did know. It was as bad as MLat's, but MLat has had 2 bad injuries.

I'm personally not worried about Gio.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys think we need a linebacker at all in the draft, particularly one that's solid in coverage? After the game against the Seahawks, it seemed like it was another spot on defense that could use another impact player.

driftwood wrote:
haggis wrote:
i bet if you had sould after he jumped a little cough here and there usually follow

lol, wait what?
DrawABlank

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CJ4life wrote:
Do you guys think we need a linebacker at all in the draft, particularly one that's solid in coverage? After the game against the Seahawks, it seemed like it was another spot on defense that could use another impact player.

With the amount of nickel we play, I'm not sure it's worth what would need to be a high pick (to improve upon Dent).

Depth at LB is definitely a need with Mike P's retirement (and we only carried 5 this year anyway) but with pressing needs on the DL, replacing Turner+Tony and possibly also grabbing OL and CB, we've got enough to be going on with without pursuing a marginal upgrade.

Foster-A-Falcon: Matt Bryant
2013 Stats: 24/27 FG (88.9%), 39/39 XP (100%)
CJ4life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrawABlank wrote:
CJ4life wrote:

With the amount of nickel we play, I'm not sure it's worth what would need to be a high pick (to improve upon Dent).

Depth at LB is definitely a need with Mike P's retirement (and we only carried 5 this year anyway) but with pressing needs on the DL, replacing Turner+Tony and possibly also grabbing OL and CB, we've got enough to be going on with without pursuing a marginal upgrade.

With the way we were getting carved up in the middle of the field by, if we could snag a player like Manti Te'o (which would honestly be huge upgrade at the position) that would solidify the middle of our defense tremendously. That is, assuming the whole Girfriend scandal was not his doing, and rather he was the victim. If it is, I want no part of him.

driftwood wrote:
haggis wrote:
i bet if you had sould after he jumped a little cough here and there usually follow

lol, wait what?
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CJ4life wrote:
DrawABlank wrote:
CJ4life wrote:

With the way we were getting carved up in the middle of the field by, if we could snag a player like Manti Te'o (which would honestly be huge upgrade at the position) that would solidify the middle of our defense tremendously. That is, assuming the whole Girfriend scandal was not his doing, and rather he was the victim. If it is, I want no part of him.

I don't want Te'o but I couldn't care less about the gf thing. I mean, who really cares? Was he out there doing drugs or anything illegal? Was he not the leader of that defense?
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
CJ4life wrote:
DrawABlank wrote:
CJ4life wrote:

I don't want Te'o but I couldn't care less about the gf thing. I mean, who really cares? Was he out there doing drugs or anything illegal? Was he not the leader of that defense?

I don't believe he made it up, but if he did it is disturbing and shows he is not Falcon material character-wise. Conjuring up false reports about the death of a cancer ridden woman for the benefit of publicity, fame, more Heisman votes, or whatever is sick.

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
CJ4life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonnyQuest wrote:

I don't believe he made it up, but if he did it is disturbing and shows he is not Falcon material character-wise. Conjuring up false reports about the death of a cancer ridden woman for the benefit of publicity, fame, more Heisman votes, or whatever is sick.

Yeah, I highly doubt he was involved in the whole situation. I'd definitely like to address pretty much just the defensive side of the ball in this year's draft.

driftwood wrote:
haggis wrote:

lol, wait what?
Lentz33

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CJ4life wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:

Yeah, I highly doubt he was involved in the whole situation. I'd definitely like to address pretty much just the defensive side of the ball in this year's draft.

I wouldn't mind going defensively minded in this draft, but taking a guy like Te'o in the first is just dumb. And we do need to get a RB sometime in the draft.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
CJ4life wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:

I wouldn't mind going defensively minded in this draft, but taking a guy like Te'o in the first is just dumb. And we do need to get a RB sometime in the draft.

Te'o at the bottom of the first would be dumb? As in "we don't need a LB" dumb or Te'o is a terrible player dumb? I do think we need a linebacker, its just not the top of the list in priorities. However, I think a guy like Te'o would be an excellent value at the bottom of the first round for us if no elite players at Defensive End are available.

On offense, its gonna be RB and TE. What's nice about those two positions, is that you can usually get a very good TE prospect in the second round, and find a very decent RB prospect in the 3rd. If we wanted to, we could even take a risk on Marcus Lattimore in the 4th-5th if we feel Quizz and Rodgers can give us production for another season. My point is, those two positions are generally very deep in talent, and this year is no exception, especially for RBs.

For me:
1. DE (2)
2. LB
3. RB / TE

I would have no problem switching 2 and 3 if you feel an offensive focused draft is required. For me though, the defense definitely needs some impact players in the front seven.

driftwood wrote:
haggis wrote:

lol, wait what?
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1: DE
2/3 The best run stuffing nose tackle. I want Babs to know that he can slack on run d with the guy next to him. I want this guy to not get moved an inch during the snap.
* A DE like Simon, etc.
4-7: TE | RB | CB | DT | in no order.

XBL GT: l JGOLD l
GFalcon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with tonys retirement i think TE is the biggest need, i think a TE like ertz out of stanford would be a fantastic pick, great blocker and pass catching TE. I feel he would make more impact than a rookie DE imo

depends who is available

cliff avril in FA?

i would really prefer to trade out of the 30th pick and aquwire an extra pick or two, maybe an extra 2nd

mack. ^
Justin Upton Stat Tracker: 12 HR 18 RBI .302 BA
Proud Air Traffic Control Student In Training!
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you take Gonzo out of our offense we can still win. However this defense needs a complete overhaul along the defensive line. I'm tired of picking up big names in FA.

XBL GT: l JGOLD l
DrawABlank

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same needs as before the playoffs: DE, DT, RG, RB, TE + Depth at LB, CB & WR

Honestly, most of the needs are the same as they were in September. The only major surprise is that McClain played very well for most of the year so at least CB slides down the priority list slightly.

Foster-A-Falcon: Matt Bryant
2013 Stats: 24/27 FG (88.9%), 39/39 XP (100%)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: