Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the other Stanford tight end. Levine Toilolo. He probably won't declare, but he has expressed interest in forgoing his senior season, so you never know. This dude is huge at 6'8 and is very athletic for his size. Could be a nice project in the 3-5 round range.

My dream pick in this draft is Dion Jordan, but I wouldn't be surprised to see his draft stock rise into near top 10 range. He is so athletic and versatile. He played with his hand down in the dirt, played some linebacker, and even played safety a couple snaps. SCREAMS TD pick to me.

I've heard so many mixed reviews on Okafor. Haven't seen him play much, so I don't know which report to trust. I've heard he is a below average athlete that is very stiff and struggles to turn the corner. On here I've heard people say he is a top pass rushing prospect. He played well in his bowl game, but the offensive tackle he went up against was trash.

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
JonnyQuest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also would like us to take a flyer on Knile Davis.

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to shore up both lines. Simple as that. The problem is that this team is reluctant to see what we have in DE's.

In no order:
* Defensive End
* Run stuffing DT
* Tight End
* Running Back
* Offensive Guard
* Wide Receiver

XBL GT: l JGOLD l
adam9

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing a GM mock. All 7 of those DEs we had mentioned were taken, so I took Giovani Bernard. Will end up with a solid DE in two, and then go from there.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jgoldiscool wrote:
We need to shore up both lines. Simple as that. The problem is that this team is reluctant to see what we have in DE's.

In no order:
* Defensive End
* Run stuffing DT
* Tight End
* Running Back
* Offensive Guard
* Wide Receiver

You said in no order and whats funny to me is that is the exact order it should be for us.

Maybe switch TE and Rb around but they both can be had and fixed in the 3rd to 4th round with Talent thats not far off guys like Eifert and Ertz. This TE and RB class is weak at the top but solid in the middle rounds with not much drop off.

Where as the D-line is super strong at the top and weaker as it goes down as far as a drop off more than TE and RB.
JFalconFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
honestly, Sam Montgomery is garbage. So is Mingo. Monty has a lot of issues off the field.
I rarely disagree with you but you could not be more wrong here. Both will be superb NFL players. Montgomery will be a solid but not highlight reel player and Mingo tends to disappear at times but if developed right has the skills to get 15 sacks.

JGold on the Sig

Atlanta Falcons and LSU Tigers all the way!
devils1854

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dion Jordan showed me jack last night, just like he's done all season. He's an athlete, not a football player. Not even close to being strong enough for the league.

#JDI
tech2186

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
Dion Jordan showed me jack last night, just like he's done all season. He's an athlete, not a football player. Not even close to being strong enough for the league.

I agree. He def isn't a 4-3 DE. I think he would fair better as a stand up guy in the 3-4. And even then he needs to add weight. I just dont see his game translating to a top flight pass rusher in the NFL.

I like the DE out of Texas the most. Kid has the body type and motor for a 4-3 pass rushing DE.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on how the picks fall, if an elite end isn't there in the las 1st I'd rather wait a couple rounds and take brandon Jenkins.he was a sure firef 1st round pick pre injury IMO.
swoosh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:

This post reeks of ignorance. His role in the NFL will be drastically different than it is at Oregon. He gets hated on by some people because of the few people who decide to overrate his athletic ability and put him #1 on their boards. But he's not just an athlete. Far from it. What makes him "not a football player?"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:

I agree. He def isn't a 4-3 DE. I think he would fair better as a stand up guy in the 3-4. And even then he needs to add weight. I just dont see his game translating to a top flight pass rusher in the NFL.

I like the DE out of Texas the most. Kid has the body type and motor for a 4-3 pass rushing DE.

Thank You! These so called draftniks on this site love Jordan and Ansah because of athleticism. I mean come on, you got to get a football player first. I bet Mike Mamula would hav been a top 10 pick on this board. Jordan and Ansah are the most athletic guys in th draft, but do you realize that Barkevious Mingo is almost the same? The only difference is that Mingo actually produced during his time in college, and he played in th SEC and the two unknowns were at BYU and Oregon. Both teams that th national media has no respect for.

#JDI
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also think its important to note how we use our ends. It's not quite to the extent Seattle does, but on run downs, one of them, usually the strong side, is in to prevent the run first, second and third. We did it with Edwards and now we are doing it with babineaux. It's not as important to get the best all around guy as it is to get the best pass rusher who is serviceable against the run.
devils1854

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
devils1854 wrote:

This post reeks of ignorance. His role in the NFL will be drastically different than it is at Oregon. He gets hated on by some people because of the few people who decide to overrate his athletic ability and put him #1 on their boards. But he's not just an athlete. Far from it. What makes him "not a football player?"

He has no moves at all. He tries to use his speed to get around LTs. H also has no strength in his lower body. He gets pushed around a lot. No refined passing moves because Oregon used him wrong. He looks lost at times.

Swoosh, I know you are a Oregon student, and will swear he is a top 20 prospect, but I haven't seen it, and he has major issues.

#JDI
devils1854

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
I also think its important to note how we use our ends. It's not quite to the extent Seattle does, but on run downs, one of them, usually the strong side, is in to prevent the run first, second and third. We did it with Edwards and now we are doing it with babineaux. It's not as important to get the best all around guy as it is to get the best pass rusher who is serviceable against the run.

You actually bring up a great point, and after discussion on here, Will Sutton could be th perfect guy if be comes out and comes out at 280.

#JDI
swoosh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
devils1854 wrote:

He has no moves at all. He tries to use his speed to get around LTs. H also has no strength in his lower body. He gets pushed around a lot. No refined passing moves because Oregon used him wrong. He looks lost at times.

Swoosh, I know you are a Oregon student, and will swear he is a top 20 prospect, but I haven't seen it, and he has major issues.

I wouldn't say Oregon used him wrong. They don't base their defense off of one player. I will say Oregon's defense wasn't a very good fit for Jordan. He got to showcase his versatility, but did not get to rush the passer very much. You're exactly right with the bolded sentence. He does not have any moves because he did not get a chance to develop them. But that can easily be taught at the next level. You have to treat him as a raw prospect. Act like he does not have much experience because rushing the passer, he really doesn't.

Yeah, I'd put him in the top 20 based on potential. Bias? Potentially, but the athletic ability is all there of course. He needs to be coached up and put into a scheme that fits him. I don't know where that is. 4-3 DE, 4-3 SLB, 3-4 OLB? If you're expecting him to be a 12 sack guy, you're probably going to be disappointed. But he's a guy who could give you 6-8 sacks and cover. To me, that is worth a top-20 pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: