Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Please Loomis, I don't ask for much but...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thesolution

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
thesolution wrote:
I would love for the Saints to go after Jairus Byrd amd move Jenkins to SS. Go DL or CB with the first 3 picks..

Jenkins, who can't tackle, to SS? Confused

Honestly, I'd feel more comfortable with Harper at SS than Jenkins.

Really? You don't think Jenkins is better suited for the role Harper was playin this past year? This past year nobody but Lofton could tackle..

Copyrighted by Kiltman
My Second Sig
wow_junky

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signing a big money safety would be a bad idea, we are fine with Quddus, Harper & White. Our offseason money needs to go on a tackle & Jimmy Graham!
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesolution wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
thesolution wrote:
I would love for the Saints to go after Jairus Byrd amd move Jenkins to SS. Go DL or CB with the first 3 picks..

Really? You don't think Jenkins is better suited for the role Harper was playin this past year? This past year nobody but Lofton could tackle..

Harper had more solo tackles than Lofton...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
thesolution wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
thesolution wrote:

We also had the worst run defense in the league which would explain why Harper have about 6 more solo tackles than Lofton.

Copyrighted by Kiltman
My Second Sig
Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesolution wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
thesolution wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
thesolution wrote:

We also had the worst run defense in the league which would explain why Harper have about 6 more solo tackles than Lofton.

While that is true, Roman Harper is still one of the best tacklers on this defense. Him and Lofton are both sure tacklers most of the time. It sucks that Harpers just not athletic, he's an incredibly smart player and never out of position he just simply lacks the athleticism to be an impact safety in coverage. Definitely still one of the best run stopping/blitzing safeties in the league. I actually think he's going to be the safety who stays and Jenkins will be the one leaving, Harper is a useful 2 down safety who can be subbed out on 3rd downs, Jenkins is utterly useless.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Raves

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
thesolution wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
thesolution wrote:

And Jenkins was 3rd on the team, only 17 less than Lofton, with 3 less games under his belt.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
thesolution wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
thesolution wrote:

And Jenkins was 3rd on the team, only 17 less than Lofton, with 3 less games under his belt.

I'd also be willing to bet he led the team in missed tackles by a LARGE margin.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
thesolution

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
thesolution wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
thesolution wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
thesolution wrote:

While that is true, Roman Harper is still one of the best tacklers on this defense. Him and Lofton are both sure tacklers most of the time. It sucks that Harpers just not athletic, he's an incredibly smart player and never out of position he just simply lacks the athleticism to be an impact safety in coverage. Definitely still one of the best run stopping/blitzing safeties in the league. I actually think he's going to be the safety who stays and Jenkins will be the one leaving, Harper is a useful 2 down safety who can be subbed out on 3rd downs, Jenkins is utterly useless.

Harper stays and Jenkins leaves? Come on now Harp, I kno you being a bit bias but Harper is on his second contract and offer no upside. Jenkins and Harper had a bad year but Jenkins still a young player. I have watch every single game this year and our pass rush as well as corner back play is what kill us.. Harper biggest problem is speed. He doesn't have any.. Jenkins will be on this team in 2013.

Copyrighted by Kiltman
My Second Sig
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
thesolution wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
thesolution wrote:

if he recorded that many tackles, I don't want to imagine how many he missed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see them both staying for 2013, but moving Jenkins to SS would be a poor idea. Let him play FS and dime CB when needed. Harp/Quddus can split time at SS with Quddus moving to FS when Jenkins moves to CB.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesolution wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
thesolution wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
thesolution wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
thesolution wrote:

Harper stays and Jenkins leaves? Come on now Harp, I kno you being a bit bias but Harper is on his second contract and offer no upside. Jenkins and Harper had a bad year but Jenkins still a young player. I have watch every single game this year and our pass rush as well as corner back play is what kill us.. Harper biggest problem is speed. He doesn't have any.. Jenkins will be on this team in 2013.

I've watched every game too. Harper is still an elite in the box safety and he can man up against non-elite TEs, Jenkins on the other hand offers ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Seriously. Can someone please explain to me what Jenkins does at an above average level? He can't cover man to man, he's often out of position in coverage, he misses tackles, he takes AWFUL angles to tackles and he has brick hands. What exactly is he offering us? "Potential" I'm sorry but Jenkins has shown more than enough to show me that he has no potential. At least you know Roman Harpers going to help in the run game, Jenkins doesn't help us in anyway. I'd be happy with BOTH of them gone, but I'd be pretty upset if we kept Jenkins starting and released Harper.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
I see them both staying for 2013, but moving Jenkins to SS would be a poor idea. Let him play FS and dime CB when needed. Harp/Quddus can split time at SS with Quddus moving to FS when Jenkins moves to CB.
Agreed, Harpers biggest weakness is coverage. Simply take him out on 3rd downs and obvious passing downs, if he's willing to restructure his contract this shouldn't be an issue. Jenkins is utterly useless on all 4 downs.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plan B.

Trade out of the first round to a team willing to give up next years first and then pray for the shot at Clowney.
Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammymvpknight wrote:
Plan B.

Trade out of the first round to a team willing to give up next years first and then pray for the shot at Clowney.

I'd absolutely be willing to give up our first this year for a 2nd+1st next year. This years class is weak.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: