Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jrry32 Shaking Things Up Mock - SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You put "SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!" & LaGarrette Blount in the same Mock?

F-
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
You put "SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!" & LaGarrette Blount in the same Mock?

F-

LeGarrette Blount doesn't provide the speed...he provides the exclamation point with his punch...err I mean pop...err I mean power.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Mock. Except no thanks on Slausen, and I agree with the earlier poster that re-signing SJAX is superior to Blount.

Tavon Austin in Blue and Gold would make my freaking day. No one on this forum ever talks about the fact that the Rams had the worst average starting field position in the league this year, (not to mention that we also had only 5 more total possessions than the league's lowest team.)

We averaged starting an offensive possession on the 23.82 yard line, good for 32nd in the league. This guy is an absolute matchup nightmare and would be welcome on this team by me even if Danny stays. We play ball control offense, and the short passing game accounted for nearly all of New England and Green Bay's recent running games games. (I know the Pats are rushing real well this year, but that's not their history).

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this alot actually, also however like others i dont like Blount.

I cant believe you did a mock without Warmack...
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject: Re: Jrry32 Shaking Things Up Mock - SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED! Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

Round 1 Pick #22 - Tavon Austin WR/KR/PR West Virginia
Explanation: Flatlyner, I know I gave you problems for picking Austin. My issue wasn't with Austin, it was with our lack of a #1. With us signing Mike Wallace and letting Danny walk, Austin has a perfect role in our offense. Oh and BTW, think about our 3 WR sets...Wallace, Givens and Austin...that's 3 WRs with 4.3 speed. Austin, as a player, is a ridiculously dynamic athlete. The guys ability to cut, start and stop and accelerate will make your jaw drop. He reminds you of Barry Sanders...now, he's not Barry but he makes those same type of jaw dropping moves in college. However, when he's lined up in the slot, he's actually an extremely effective player. He has a good feeling for soft spots in the zone, can catch the ball over the middle and in traffic and has good hands although he'll drop some passes. Austin offers us lightning in a bottle on offense and special teams. If you haven't seen much of him, trust me, watch the two videos below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxzPryPMB74
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd8Y-PLYi7M
(And yea, Flatlyner, this does mean I don't think he'll fall out of the 1st)

Lol. Knew ya'll come around on Austin, it just had to be written more eloquently by Jrry! (though decidedly earlier then my mock) =P

Though in this scenerio, picking up a stud like Wallace in Free agency, it makes sense. Austin could easily be gone late first, early second.

Not a fan of Blount here either. I'd rather take one in draft or find a better one in free agency. He has not looked good in what I've seen of him this season (3.7 ypc)
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
RamsFan24

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this would be an absolutely exciting off season, man that would be an scary fast receivering core. Very good mock man, I would be really sad to let both Steven and Dannygo, but this would be exciting though.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a pretty dynamic offseason. I am really big on Austin, I think he'll be a great WR, especially in this kind of a situation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: