Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ray horton
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louie comes here and our secondary is so much more improved.

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
I bet he tries to take Louie with him if he were to leave. That would be the ultimate killer.

Candidate to replace him?

I've heard Matt Raich.

That worries me. He's a Whiz guy. I want a Ray guy.

Ray was a Whiz guy too...

Raich has been here under the likes of Clancy and Billy Davis. Ray had been with - in Pittsburgh.

Plus our LB play hasn't been all the great this season.

So? Ray only got the job because he was a "Whiz" guy. Now you're saying we shouldn't hire Raich because he's a Whiz guy and not a Ray guy. Completely contradictory.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
Louie comes here and our secondary is so much more improved.

Having the 5th overall pick go to the Pro Bowl surely played no part either. And if Cioffi gets credit for that, Raich gets credit for Daryl Washington.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
Previously an offensive assistant under current Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt with the Pittsburgh Steelers for three seasons (2004-06), Raich switched to the defensive side of the ball with the Cardinals, helping to coach the position he played in college.

Yuck

You realize Bill Belichick has nearly the same resume...right? Went from assistant special teams coach to wide receivers coach to defensive coordinator. Is he yuck?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
I bet he tries to take Louie with him if he were to leave. That would be the ultimate killer.

I've heard Matt Raich.

Raich has been here under the likes of Clancy and Billy Davis. Ray had been with - in Pittsburgh.

So? Ray only got the job because he was a "Whiz" guy. Now you're saying we shouldn't hire Raich because he's a Whiz guy and not a Ray guy. Completely contradictory.

I think you could argue Ray is more of a - lebeau than a Whiz guy. Raich was an assistant under Ken on offense, then they moved him to D when he came to AZ.

Ray was groomed under - Lebeau. Raich to me, is no more than just a guy.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

I've heard Matt Raich.

I think you could argue Ray is more of a - lebeau than a Whiz guy. Raich was an assistant under Ken on offense, then they moved him to D when he came to AZ.

Ray was groomed under - Lebeau. Raich to me, is no more than just a guy.

I don't care if he's more a LeBeau guy or not, he got this job because he's a Whiz guy. You now docking Raich for that is silly, especially when Raich is now grooming under Ray and teaching Ray's system to his LBs. Unless you think Raich is going rogue and doing whatever he wants in which case, I don't know what to say.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bottom line, I don't care who's "guy" our next defensive coordinator is, I only care about the scheme and I assure you Whiz only cares about the scheme (Main reason Horton was hired in first place. Whiz was familiar with Ray and Ray could teach the zone blitz scheme). I've seen nothing to suggest Matt Raich can't teach this scheme to our players. At the end of the day, that's all that matters. Who's "guy" you are doesn't.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is what it is but improving the offense will help the D so it's not like that side of the ball will fall apart. Our two stars (CC & Wash) are under contract and PP has 4+ years of control left if we choose to Tag or extend him.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
It is what it is but improving the offense will help the D so it's not like that side of the ball will fall apart. Our two stars (CC & Wash) are under contract and PP has 4+ years of control left if we choose to Tag or extend him.

I don't think it will fall apart but I'd like to see it continue to grow. It's a borderline top 8 unit right now. Having Horton for another year could push it even higher. Will a new guy be able to do that?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

I don't think it will fall apart but I'd like to see it continue to grow. It's a borderline top 8 unit right now. Having Horton for another year could push it even higher. Will a new guy be able to do that?

when good defensive coordinators leave thier teams what is the trend of those defenses still playing good ball after the corrdinator has left?
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cusi10 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

when good defensive coordinators leave thier teams what is the trend of those defenses still playing good ball after the corrdinator has left?

Not a clue. Khodder maybe?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somers just tweeted that he thinks Horton will get one of the first interviews for the soon to be open Cleveland job (See the other team vacancies thread).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per Mike Jurecki, 3 teams have already done background checks on Horton and he could begin interviewing for jobs as early as Tuesday.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Somers just tweeted that he thinks Horton will get one of the first interviews for the soon to be open Cleveland job (See the other team vacancies thread).

Actually that sounds like an interesting fit being in the same division as the Steelers. The browns actually have some good pieces but I'm not sold on Brandon Weeden.
Cusi10

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperFlyTNT wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Actually that sounds like an interesting fit being in the same division as the Steelers. The browns actually have some good pieces but I'm not sold on Brandon Weeden.

gotta think cleveland will play out the nick saban situation before making a hire.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: