Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Allen one and done?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
macklemore


Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Posts: 1425
Location: Seattle, WA
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
He hasn't been outspoken lately. He held one interview session with the media all season, that was over a month ago. Your link is garbage. Wow the owner thinks 3 wins isn't good enough, OMG111!!!! this is ground breaking information right here, who would have thought an owner would think 3 wins season isn't good enough?! That was honestly the most enlightening article I have ever read. Truly.


If Mark was a meddling owner he wouldn't have hired Reggie as I said. If Reggie gets an ultimatium about having to sack he will walk, and I'd be surprised if it's not written into his contract that he has final say on all footballing decisions.


does it even matter if he has that written in his contract? Mark Davis can fire him when ever he pleases.

And what kind of fantasy world are you living in if you think Reggie McKenzie is just going to walk if he doesn't get his way? You think he is just going to happily give up all the money he makes because of Dennis Allen? how is Narnia this time of year? I've been thinking about vacationing there.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raidin


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 5631
Location: Dublin
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
Raidin wrote:
He hasn't been outspoken lately. He held one interview session with the media all season, that was over a month ago. Your link is garbage. Wow the owner thinks 3 wins isn't good enough, OMG111!!!! this is ground breaking information right here, who would have thought an owner would think 3 wins season isn't good enough?! That was honestly the most enlightening article I have ever read. Truly.


If Mark was a meddling owner he wouldn't have hired Reggie as I said. If Reggie gets an ultimatium about having to sack he will walk, and I'd be surprised if it's not written into his contract that he has final say on all footballing decisions.


does it even matter if he has that written in his contract? Mark Davis can fire him when ever he pleases.

And what kind of fantasy world are you living in if you think Reggie McKenzie is just going to walk if he doesn't get his way? You think he is just going to happily give up all the money he makes because of Dennis Allen? how is Narnia this time of year? I've been thinking about vacationing there.




If Reggie is fired he'll get his contract paid up, he wouldn't be giving up any money. Maybe you should come back to earth first before thinking about any more vacations.
_________________
raidr4life wrote:
Imagine if EricAllen21 posted better. Just imagine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
macklemore


Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Posts: 1425
Location: Seattle, WA
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Raidin wrote:
He hasn't been outspoken lately. He held one interview session with the media all season, that was over a month ago. Your link is garbage. Wow the owner thinks 3 wins isn't good enough, OMG111!!!! this is ground breaking information right here, who would have thought an owner would think 3 wins season isn't good enough?! That was honestly the most enlightening article I have ever read. Truly.


If Mark was a meddling owner he wouldn't have hired Reggie as I said. If Reggie gets an ultimatium about having to sack he will walk, and I'd be surprised if it's not written into his contract that he has final say on all footballing decisions.


does it even matter if he has that written in his contract? Mark Davis can fire him when ever he pleases.

And what kind of fantasy world are you living in if you think Reggie McKenzie is just going to walk if he doesn't get his way? You think he is just going to happily give up all the money he makes because of Dennis Allen? how is Narnia this time of year? I've been thinking about vacationing there.




If Reggie is fired he'll get his contract paid up, he wouldn't be giving up any money. Maybe you should come back to earth first before thinking about any more vacations.


He also won't have a job and likely not get another GM job for a long, long time. Do you not think at all?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raidin


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 5631
Location: Dublin
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
Raidin wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Raidin wrote:
He hasn't been outspoken lately. He held one interview session with the media all season, that was over a month ago. Your link is garbage. Wow the owner thinks 3 wins isn't good enough, OMG111!!!! this is ground breaking information right here, who would have thought an owner would think 3 wins season isn't good enough?! That was honestly the most enlightening article I have ever read. Truly.


If Mark was a meddling owner he wouldn't have hired Reggie as I said. If Reggie gets an ultimatium about having to sack he will walk, and I'd be surprised if it's not written into his contract that he has final say on all footballing decisions.


does it even matter if he has that written in his contract? Mark Davis can fire him when ever he pleases.

And what kind of fantasy world are you living in if you think Reggie McKenzie is just going to walk if he doesn't get his way? You think he is just going to happily give up all the money he makes because of Dennis Allen? how is Narnia this time of year? I've been thinking about vacationing there.




If Reggie is fired he'll get his contract paid up, he wouldn't be giving up any money. Maybe you should come back to earth first before thinking about any more vacations.


He also won't have a job and likely not get another GM job for a long, long time. Do you not think at all?



Why wouldn't he get another GM job? He mightn't get one right away but he'll have a far better chance than if he stuck in the job and was the GM while Mark ran the franchise into the ground. Maybe you'd be stupid enough to think Reggie career prospects would look far better after multiple losing seasons and then a firing but I doubt many other people would agree.
_________________
raidr4life wrote:
Imagine if EricAllen21 posted better. Just imagine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 9161
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
The Gregg Knapp hiring was stupid but we also have a depleted roster. Not the greatest way to start your career but he deserves at least one more year with a new OC and some talent. If he fails to produce again next season then it may be time to start looking in a new direction.


Ya that article is misleading as well. It forgets to mention that Reggie wanted the WCO and that is one of the things him and DA agreed on during the hiring process. So it wasnt really just Allen that put our personel in that offense. RM and DA can equally share blame there but for the longevity of the team a united decision is best.

Not to mention we start of the season with no returner (Ford) for the year, our #1 WR is out during preseason and first games. Both starting CB's get injured for season, previous year's starting (Curry)WLB on IR. Starting RT out 7.5 weeks of the first 9 games. Starting OC out most of pre-season and 1st game. And Seymour has been out the past 7 weeks. And no dont forget when DMAC and Goodson got injured at the same time, but probably not as much of a factor if any.

With that said Knapp was a bad choice from a limited pool that was highly recomended around the league. Probably his worst mistake but very understandable. You would have thought he would have performed better than Tarver as Tarver was a 1st time DC in the NFL.

And the defense has been playing much better the last couple games even with lack of talent and injuries. Why? Because of exactly what Allen and Tarver said they needed to do. What does this tell us? The team is buying in, at least defensivly.

Could he have done better even with all that and dealing with his Father about to be passing away? Yes

Does he have this team on the right track? I believe he does.

Does this team stand behind him? I can see it with my own eyes that they do.

IMO there is no reason we shouldnt give him at minimum at least one more year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
macklemore


Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Posts: 1425
Location: Seattle, WA
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Raidin wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Raidin wrote:
He hasn't been outspoken lately. He held one interview session with the media all season, that was over a month ago. Your link is garbage. Wow the owner thinks 3 wins isn't good enough, OMG111!!!! this is ground breaking information right here, who would have thought an owner would think 3 wins season isn't good enough?! That was honestly the most enlightening article I have ever read. Truly.


If Mark was a meddling owner he wouldn't have hired Reggie as I said. If Reggie gets an ultimatium about having to sack he will walk, and I'd be surprised if it's not written into his contract that he has final say on all footballing decisions.


does it even matter if he has that written in his contract? Mark Davis can fire him when ever he pleases.

And what kind of fantasy world are you living in if you think Reggie McKenzie is just going to walk if he doesn't get his way? You think he is just going to happily give up all the money he makes because of Dennis Allen? how is Narnia this time of year? I've been thinking about vacationing there.




If Reggie is fired he'll get his contract paid up, he wouldn't be giving up any money. Maybe you should come back to earth first before thinking about any more vacations.


He also won't have a job and likely not get another GM job for a long, long time. Do you not think at all?



Why wouldn't he get another GM job? He mightn't get one right away but he'll have a far better chance than if he stuck in the job and was the GM while Mark ran the franchise into the ground. Maybe you'd be stupid enough to think Reggie career prospects would look far better after multiple losing seasons and then a firing but I doubt many other people would agree.


Who hires GM's? Owners..

Now why would an owner hire a GM who got fired because he defied his owner. It's not like Reggie has a great resume, his stint in Oakland would like a complete failure.

whats this multiple losing seasons bit? I see two dead even years in a row, then the arrival of Reggie McKenzie and a 4-12 year. Reggie McKenzie would be back in the college scouting department.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ch8878


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 2620
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon Gruden Cool
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BigD1123


Joined: 14 Dec 2012
Posts: 333
Location: South carolina
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is one bright spot if Knapp does stay tho. Jadaveon Clowney!!! Maybe thats the master plan... Bring in Allen tell him to find the worst coordinator he can. Get us a top ten pic. Trade out of that pic for an extra first next year. Then trade both of those to get the super freak. Then Allen is supposed to get a good OC. That or maybe my mind does funny things when I drink.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bo_Spice


Joined: 17 May 2009
Posts: 9687
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigD1123 wrote:
There is one bright spot if Knapp does stay tho. Jadaveon Clowney!!! Maybe thats the master plan... Bring in Allen tell him to find the worst coordinator he can. Get us a top ten pic. Trade out of that pic for an extra first next year. Then trade both of those to get the super freak. Then Allen is supposed to get a good OC. That or maybe my mind does funny things when I drink.....


Trade back this year while acquiring another 2014 first round pick. Somehow get the number one and two overall picks and draft Jadeveon Clowney and Teddy Bridgewater. Cool
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
m52876


Joined: 27 Dec 2006
Posts: 3199
Location: Right here
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure hope it's Knapp that's one and done. It's going to take more than a year or two to beat Al Davis' defense out of this club and that's why DA was brought in.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
macklemore


Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Posts: 1425
Location: Seattle, WA
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

m52876 wrote:
I sure hope it's Knapp that's one and done. It's going to take more than a year or two to beat Al Davis' defense out of this club and that's why DA was brought in.


shouldn't judge Knapp on one year, he has no talent to work with. He needs a real off-season and another year to install his scheme.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bo_Spice


Joined: 17 May 2009
Posts: 9687
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
shouldn't judge Knapp on one year, he has no talent to work with. He needs a real off-season and another year to install his scheme.


Oakland (2012): 18th in total offense, 29th in scoring offense
Seattle (2009): 21st in total offense, 25th in scoring offense
Oakland (2008): 29th in total offense, 29th in scoring offense
Oakland (2007): 25th in total offense, 23rd in scoring offense
Atlanta (2006): 12th in total offense, 25th in scoring offense
Atlanta (2005): 12th in total offense, 14th in scoring offense
Atlanta (2004): 21st in total offense, 16th in scoring offense

But yes, obviously he needs time to prove he can be a good offensive coordinator in the NFL. Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darkness


Joined: 24 Jun 2012
Posts: 8602
Location: CA
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
macklemore wrote:
shouldn't judge Knapp on one year, he has no talent to work with. He needs a real off-season and another year to install his scheme.


Oakland (2012): 18th in total offense, 29th in scoring offense
Seattle (2009): 21st in total offense, 25th in scoring offense
Oakland (2008): 29th in total offense, 29th in scoring offense
Oakland (2007): 25th in total offense, 23rd in scoring offense
Atlanta (2006): 12th in total offense, 25th in scoring offense
Atlanta (2005): 12th in total offense, 14th in scoring offense
Atlanta (2004): 21st in total offense, 16th in scoring offense

But yes, obviously he needs time to prove he can be a good offensive coordinator in the NFL. Laughing


He was being sarcastic, mocking those who say the same for Allen. Two different situations though, since Knapp is proven dog doodoo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 34573
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
macklemore wrote:
shouldn't judge Knapp on one year, he has no talent to work with. He needs a real off-season and another year to install his scheme.


Oakland (2012): 18th in total offense, 29th in scoring offense
Seattle (2009): 21st in total offense, 25th in scoring offense
Oakland (2008): 29th in total offense, 29th in scoring offense
Oakland (2007): 25th in total offense, 23rd in scoring offense
Atlanta (2006): 12th in total offense, 25th in scoring offense
Atlanta (2005): 12th in total offense, 14th in scoring offense
Atlanta (2004): 21st in total offense, 16th in scoring offense

But yes, obviously he needs time to prove he can be a good offensive coordinator in the NFL. Laughing


He was being sarcastic, mocking those who say the same for Allen. Two different situations though, since Knapp is proven dog doodoo


Indeed. Which is why I found his quote about being objective hilarious.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlackPrestige92


Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Posts: 6343
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
macklemore wrote:
shouldn't judge Knapp on one year, he has no talent to work with. He needs a real off-season and another year to install his scheme.


Oakland (2012): 18th in total offense, 29th in scoring offense
Seattle (2009): 21st in total offense, 25th in scoring offense
Oakland (2008): 29th in total offense, 29th in scoring offense
Oakland (2007): 25th in total offense, 23rd in scoring offense
Atlanta (2006): 12th in total offense, 25th in scoring offense
Atlanta (2005): 12th in total offense, 14th in scoring offense
Atlanta (2004): 21st in total offense, 16th in scoring offense

But yes, obviously he needs time to prove he can be a good offensive coordinator in the NFL. Laughing

IS he really that bad??? Shocked Holy Hell! d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
_________________


If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group