Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Allen one and done?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Raidin


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 5183
Location: Dublin
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
Raidin wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Raidin wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Less likely to believe the story since it mentioned Mark Davis, doubt he would have any say.


Why? He is the boss.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21231986/raiders-owner-mark-davis-tells-coach-dennis-allen-its-not-good-enough



There is a reason he hired a GM. If he wanted involvement in the hiring and firing decisions he wouldn't have done that.


You can't possible think that's the only responsibility of the GM.



No, but it's the most important one. Reggie will decide if Allen stays or goes, not Mark. Mark never had any interest in having that type of say or involvement.


How long do you think Reggie will stay if he is making decisions that Mark Davis doesn't like and they don't work out. Thankfully, Reggie isn't as naive as you, and will consider what the owner wants, Reggie probably wants to keep his job.



A lot longer than a year anyway. If Reggie wanted to be Mark's lackey then he wouldn't have taken the job. If Mark wanted a puppet he wouldn't have hired Reggie. Hopefully Reggie isn't stupid enough to do what the owner wants considering our owner has admitted he very little about football. If he we wanted someone fairly clueless making decisions they should just give the job to some random fan like yourself.
_________________
raidr4life wrote:
Imagine if EricAllen21 posted better. Just imagine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 32167
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly would be shocked if he's let go. But stranger things have happened.
_________________

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bo_Spice


Joined: 17 May 2009
Posts: 9687
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gregg Knapp hiring was stupid but we also have a depleted roster. Not the greatest way to start your career but he deserves at least one more year with a new OC and some talent. If he fails to produce again next season then it may be time to start looking in a new direction.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
macklemore


Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Posts: 1425
Location: Seattle, WA
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
A lot longer than a year anyway. If Reggie wanted to be Mark's lackey then he wouldn't have taken the job. If Mark wanted a puppet he wouldn't have hired Reggie. Hopefully Reggie isn't stupid enough to do what the owner wants considering our owner has admitted he very little about football. If he we wanted someone fairly clueless making decisions they should just give the job to some random fan like yourself.


lol, why are you taking it to the extremes? nobody said Reggie was a puppet. It's obvious you live in a dream world, far from reality. The GM will always answer to the owner, bottom line. Some owners sit back and let the GM do what they do, some meddle. Mark Davis has been pretty outspoken lately. Something tells me you didn't read that article so here it is again.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21231986/raiders-owner-mark-davis-tells-coach-dennis-allen-its-not-good-enough

Mark Davis just might be the meddling type of owner, he's cut from the same cloth as Al Davis after all. When it comes down to it, who do you think Reggie will choose? Dennis Allen or Reggie McKenzie. I think he will save his own butt.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bo_Spice


Joined: 17 May 2009
Posts: 9687
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have a hard time seeing any prominent coach wanting to come here if we fire Dennis Allen after only one year all things considered.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
macklemore


Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Posts: 1425
Location: Seattle, WA
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
I just have a hard time seeing any prominent coach wanting to come here if we fire Dennis Allen after only one year all things considered.


I think a prominent coach will realize that Dennis Allen wasn't fit for the job and it was the right decision to let him go.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darkness


Joined: 24 Jun 2012
Posts: 6477
Location: CA-TX
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
Raidin wrote:
A lot longer than a year anyway. If Reggie wanted to be Mark's lackey then he wouldn't have taken the job. If Mark wanted a puppet he wouldn't have hired Reggie. Hopefully Reggie isn't stupid enough to do what the owner wants considering our owner has admitted he very little about football. If he we wanted someone fairly clueless making decisions they should just give the job to some random fan like yourself.


lol, why are you taking it to the extremes? nobody said Reggie was a puppet. It's obvious you live in a dream world, far from reality. The GM will always answer to the owner, bottom line. Some owners sit back and let the GM do what they do, some meddle. Mark Davis has been pretty outspoken lately. Something tells me you didn't read that article so here it is again.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21231986/raiders-owner-mark-davis-tells-coach-dennis-allen-its-not-good-enough

Mark Davis just might be the meddling type of owner, he cut from the same cloth as Al Davis after all.


Anyone that has two eyes could see that the Raiders are underachieving and aren't playing good enough. Dennis Allen would say the same. What exactly is that article supposed to prove? That the owners' not happy? No duh...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
macklemore


Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Posts: 1425
Location: Seattle, WA
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Raidin wrote:
A lot longer than a year anyway. If Reggie wanted to be Mark's lackey then he wouldn't have taken the job. If Mark wanted a puppet he wouldn't have hired Reggie. Hopefully Reggie isn't stupid enough to do what the owner wants considering our owner has admitted he very little about football. If he we wanted someone fairly clueless making decisions they should just give the job to some random fan like yourself.


lol, why are you taking it to the extremes? nobody said Reggie was a puppet. It's obvious you live in a dream world, far from reality. The GM will always answer to the owner, bottom line. Some owners sit back and let the GM do what they do, some meddle. Mark Davis has been pretty outspoken lately. Something tells me you didn't read that article so here it is again.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21231986/raiders-owner-mark-davis-tells-coach-dennis-allen-its-not-good-enough

Mark Davis just might be the meddling type of owner, he cut from the same cloth as Al Davis after all.


Anyone that has two eyes could see that the Raiders are underachieving and aren't playing good enough. Dennis Allen would say the same. What exactly is that article supposed to prove? That the owners' not happy? No duh...


The reference to the article is supposed to prove that Mark Davis is looking for somebody to blame.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darkness


Joined: 24 Jun 2012
Posts: 6477
Location: CA-TX
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
Darkness wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Raidin wrote:
A lot longer than a year anyway. If Reggie wanted to be Mark's lackey then he wouldn't have taken the job. If Mark wanted a puppet he wouldn't have hired Reggie. Hopefully Reggie isn't stupid enough to do what the owner wants considering our owner has admitted he very little about football. If he we wanted someone fairly clueless making decisions they should just give the job to some random fan like yourself.


lol, why are you taking it to the extremes? nobody said Reggie was a puppet. It's obvious you live in a dream world, far from reality. The GM will always answer to the owner, bottom line. Some owners sit back and let the GM do what they do, some meddle. Mark Davis has been pretty outspoken lately. Something tells me you didn't read that article so here it is again.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21231986/raiders-owner-mark-davis-tells-coach-dennis-allen-its-not-good-enough

Mark Davis just might be the meddling type of owner, he cut from the same cloth as Al Davis after all.


Anyone that has two eyes could see that the Raiders are underachieving and aren't playing good enough. Dennis Allen would say the same. What exactly is that article supposed to prove? That the owners' not happy? No duh...


The article is supposed to prove that Mark Davis is looking for somebody to blame.


Dennis Allen's the HC. It comes with the territory...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LivingLegendWFC


Joined: 28 Oct 2009
Posts: 11081
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Raidin wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Less likely to believe the story since it mentioned Mark Davis, doubt he would have any say.


Why? He is the boss.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21231986/raiders-owner-mark-davis-tells-coach-dennis-allen-its-not-good-enough



There is a reason he hired a GM. If he wanted involvement in the hiring and firing decisions he wouldn't have done that.


You can't possible think that's the only responsibility of the GM.



No, but it's the most important one. Reggie will decide if Allen stays or goes, not Mark. Mark never had any interest in having that type of say or involvement.


Owners have the final say period. Some owners don't get involved, some owners do it all, and most live in the middle ground. They let their gms do their thing but are in constant communication. I don't think Mark is the type of owner to fire a guy that his GM is adamant about keeping, but you can bet his opinion will be a key one on whether DA stays or goes. Bottom line nobody here knows exactly what type of owner Mark will be, he's only been one for a year so its to early to tell, but its ridiculous to think that just because he hired a GM that he won't have the final say on who is here and who's not.

I don't think Allen deserves to be let go, but at the same time Allen hasn't produced results that any owner would like to see, and while we may realize that it takes more time that doesn't mean Mark will see it that way. You mention he isn't extremely knowledgeable about football, but that could also be a reason he let's go of Dennis because he may not realize just how poor this team is, and just how long a rebuild can take.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raidin


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 5183
Location: Dublin
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
Raidin wrote:
A lot longer than a year anyway. If Reggie wanted to be Mark's lackey then he wouldn't have taken the job. If Mark wanted a puppet he wouldn't have hired Reggie. Hopefully Reggie isn't stupid enough to do what the owner wants considering our owner has admitted he very little about football. If he we wanted someone fairly clueless making decisions they should just give the job to some random fan like yourself.


lol, why are you taking it to the extremes? nobody said Reggie was a puppet. It's obvious you live in a dream world, far from reality. The GM will always answer to the owner, bottom line. Some owners sit back and let the GM do what they do, some meddle. Mark Davis has been pretty outspoken lately. Something tells me you didn't read that article so here it is again.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21231986/raiders-owner-mark-davis-tells-coach-dennis-allen-its-not-good-enough

Mark Davis just might be the meddling type of owner, he's cut from the same cloth as Al Davis after all. When it comes down to it, who do you think Reggie will choose? Dennis Allen or Reggie McKenzie. I think he will save his own butt.




He hasn't been outspoken lately. He held one interview session with the media all season, that was over a month ago. Your link is garbage. Wow the owner thinks 3 wins isn't good enough, OMG111!!!! this is ground breaking information right here, who would have thought an owner would think 3 wins season isn't good enough?! That was honestly the most enlightening article I have ever read. Truly.


If Mark was a meddling owner he wouldn't have hired Reggie as I said. If Reggie gets an ultimatium about having to sack he will walk, and I'd be surprised if it's not written into his contract that he has final say on all footballing decisions.
_________________
raidr4life wrote:
Imagine if EricAllen21 posted better. Just imagine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raidin


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 5183
Location: Dublin
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:


Owners have the final say period. Some owners don't get involved, some owners do it all, and most live in the middle ground. They let their gms do their thing but are in constant communication. I don't think Mark is the type of owner to fire a guy that his GM is adamant about keeping, but you can bet his opinion will be a key one on whether DA stays or goes. Bottom line nobody here knows exactly what type of owner Mark will be, he's only been one for a year so its to early to tell, but its ridiculous to think that just because he hired a GM that he won't have the final say on who is here and who's not.

I don't think Allen deserves to be let go, but at the same time Allen hasn't produced results that any owner would like to see, and while we may realize that it takes more time that doesn't mean Mark will see it that way. You mention he isn't extremely knowledgeable about football, but that could also be a reason he let's go of Dennis because he may not realize just how poor this team is, and just how long a rebuild can take.



The only way it will be Mark's decision is if Reggie is no longer in charge.
_________________
raidr4life wrote:
Imagine if EricAllen21 posted better. Just imagine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
macklemore


Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Posts: 1425
Location: Seattle, WA
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Darkness wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Raidin wrote:
A lot longer than a year anyway. If Reggie wanted to be Mark's lackey then he wouldn't have taken the job. If Mark wanted a puppet he wouldn't have hired Reggie. Hopefully Reggie isn't stupid enough to do what the owner wants considering our owner has admitted he very little about football. If he we wanted someone fairly clueless making decisions they should just give the job to some random fan like yourself.


lol, why are you taking it to the extremes? nobody said Reggie was a puppet. It's obvious you live in a dream world, far from reality. The GM will always answer to the owner, bottom line. Some owners sit back and let the GM do what they do, some meddle. Mark Davis has been pretty outspoken lately. Something tells me you didn't read that article so here it is again.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21231986/raiders-owner-mark-davis-tells-coach-dennis-allen-its-not-good-enough

Mark Davis just might be the meddling type of owner, he cut from the same cloth as Al Davis after all.


Anyone that has two eyes could see that the Raiders are underachieving and aren't playing good enough. Dennis Allen would say the same. What exactly is that article supposed to prove? That the owners' not happy? No duh...


The article is supposed to prove that Mark Davis is looking for somebody to blame.


Dennis Allen's the HC. It comes with the territory...


Exactly.

the article was posted because Raidin said he didn't believe the report because he didn't think Davis would have any say. I was trying to show Raidin, Mark Davis isn't happy with Dennis Allen and then explain to him that Reggie answers to Davis.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
macklemore


Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Posts: 1425
Location: Seattle, WA
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:


Owners have the final say period. Some owners don't get involved, some owners do it all, and most live in the middle ground. They let their gms do their thing but are in constant communication. I don't think Mark is the type of owner to fire a guy that his GM is adamant about keeping, but you can bet his opinion will be a key one on whether DA stays or goes. Bottom line nobody here knows exactly what type of owner Mark will be, he's only been one for a year so its to early to tell, but its ridiculous to think that just because he hired a GM that he won't have the final say on who is here and who's not.

I don't think Allen deserves to be let go, but at the same time Allen hasn't produced results that any owner would like to see, and while we may realize that it takes more time that doesn't mean Mark will see it that way. You mention he isn't extremely knowledgeable about football, but that could also be a reason he let's go of Dennis because he may not realize just how poor this team is, and just how long a rebuild can take.



The only way it will be Mark's decision is if Reggie is no longer in charge.


Do you have anything to back this claim up?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raidin


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 5183
Location: Dublin
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
Raidin wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:


Owners have the final say period. Some owners don't get involved, some owners do it all, and most live in the middle ground. They let their gms do their thing but are in constant communication. I don't think Mark is the type of owner to fire a guy that his GM is adamant about keeping, but you can bet his opinion will be a key one on whether DA stays or goes. Bottom line nobody here knows exactly what type of owner Mark will be, he's only been one for a year so its to early to tell, but its ridiculous to think that just because he hired a GM that he won't have the final say on who is here and who's not.

I don't think Allen deserves to be let go, but at the same time Allen hasn't produced results that any owner would like to see, and while we may realize that it takes more time that doesn't mean Mark will see it that way. You mention he isn't extremely knowledgeable about football, but that could also be a reason he let's go of Dennis because he may not realize just how poor this team is, and just how long a rebuild can take.



The only way it will be Mark's decision is if Reggie is no longer in charge.


Do you have anything to back this claim up?



Yea, I just rang Reggie and asked him.
_________________
raidr4life wrote:
Imagine if EricAllen21 posted better. Just imagine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group