Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

An open letter to Tony Romo...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hitstreak07

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Tony needs a pep talk, or even the excuse of having a sorry owner that has surrounded him with so called garbage on the offensive side of the ball.....We all know Tony's going to show up and leave it all on the field....Even in his worst games I don't think anyone questions his heart or passion to win....The problem, right now, is that our defense can't stop any offense in the league right now.....Whether its injuries, scheme, or both....take your pick....I think a pep talk letter should've been sent to Rob Ryan and our defense.....With that being said, I do agree that regardless of what the stat lines are, if we lose, it will be blamed on Tony and his inability to win the big one
canadaluvsdalla

Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.
tommyajar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: An open letter to Tony Romo... Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Tony it won't matter if you throw for 600 yards Sunday night. Tony it won't matter if Dallas scores 50. It won't matter if your coach freezes the kicker. It won't matter if the defense allows 51. None of it will matter if Dallas loses. It will be your fault. Just ask the media, they will tell you so. Belligerent uninformed fans will tell you so.

Life isn't fair and in regards to your career it certainly hasn't been to you. You have played for an inept , incompetent gm who isn't able to juxtapose owner and gm duties in a way that would be advantageous to you or the team. In the past the gm has surrounded you with mediocre to barely able players namely the player I hate the most in Cowboys history , Patrick Crayton along with Marion Barber and wr Roy Williams. You got to play one year behind a good o line but never a dominant o line. You were never allowed the opportunity to play for a shut your mouth defense. The kind of defense that would take the manhood of the opponent.

Tony I have seen the frustration on your face in seasons past. I saw it earlier this season. Now fans and the media are trying to give the team a built in excuse because of injuries. Losers incorporate excuses into their life to compensate for mental weakness. Tony that isn't you. You man up every Sunday no matter how bad the o line plays or how many wrong routes the wr's run. You're still there. The Houdini escapes, the magical pirouettes in cleats leave us gasping.

The fateful night in Seattle. A coach quitting on you. The guidance of one of the biggest buffoons to ever roam a Dallas sideline as head coach. A coach in waiting now learning the craft of being a head coach. Yet here you stand. Make it disappear Tony. The perception, the opinion. Sunday night it's the Redskins. Now you have a true rb. Now you have a dominant wr. Tony don't just win Sunday evening. Dominate . Crush them. Make them capitulate on the field. Make them bleed. Make them suffer. Run , throw , block and whatever else you need to do.

It's your time Tony. It's your stage. It's Sunday night. It's the Redskins. The fan base venom is spewing .The world will be watching.

Well said.....being one of the biggest Tony Romo fans out there, (i remember the horrible line of QB's that have come through since Aikman & before Romo), it can be very tiredsome defending Romo to ignorant people and listening to the so called experts (espn i'm talking to you) talk about Romo in December & January w/o so much as looking at the stats and seeing what he has done the past few years when it matters most! Romo gets blamed for the defense for the O-LINE, for the running game stinking it up....it is ridiculous! If the Cowboy's win tomorrow, you can re-post this the following week & the week after that (if they win) until he wins a super bowl, unfortunately for Tony Romo!

P.S. - I actually did like Marion Barber & Patrick Crayton wasn't the worst WR Romo has had! Roy Williams.....ugghhh!
tommyajar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
That's already a done issue for this year. The fact that the GM should be fired is no excuse for failure and also shouldn't be an "I told you so" if they win THIS game. This is an average team at best, with an OL that makes it impossible to be truly successful.

But that's all behind us for this game. That's the team we have and the GM will not affect the outcome of THIS game, the players will. I know Tony will bring it, I just hope he gets some help.

The offensive line hasn't actually been a problem the last two or three games, having Murray back has helped the offense keep opposing teams honest and they can't blitz on every down.

I would say that the injury-riddled defense has been more of a problem. Although they came through in the clutch for us against Pittsburgh and I think they would have done it again against New Orleans had it not been for a fluke play.

All good points....except how do you only rush for 40 yards against a terrible Saints defense? That being said....the Cowboys scored so quickly when they did have the ball, the lack of touches for Murray was a bit misleading?
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hitstreak07 wrote:
I don't think Tony needs a pep talk, or even the excuse of having a sorry owner that has surrounded him with so called garbage on the offensive side of the ball.....We all know Tony's going to show up and leave it all on the field....Even in his worst games I don't think anyone questions his heart or passion to win....The problem, right now, is that our defense can't stop any offense in the league right now.....Whether its injuries, scheme, or both....take your pick....I think a pep talk letter should've been sent to Rob Ryan and our defense.....With that being said, I do agree that regardless of what the stat lines are, if we lose, it will be blamed on Tony and his inability to win the big one

Hit I don't like Ryan. No way I could write something peppy involving him.
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: An open letter to Tony Romo... Reply with quote

tommyajar wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Tony it won't matter if you throw for 600 yards Sunday night. Tony it won't matter if Dallas scores 50. It won't matter if your coach freezes the kicker. It won't matter if the defense allows 51. None of it will matter if Dallas loses. It will be your fault. Just ask the media, they will tell you so. Belligerent uninformed fans will tell you so.

Life isn't fair and in regards to your career it certainly hasn't been to you. You have played for an inept , incompetent gm who isn't able to juxtapose owner and gm duties in a way that would be advantageous to you or the team. In the past the gm has surrounded you with mediocre to barely able players namely the player I hate the most in Cowboys history , Patrick Crayton along with Marion Barber and wr Roy Williams. You got to play one year behind a good o line but never a dominant o line. You were never allowed the opportunity to play for a shut your mouth defense. The kind of defense that would take the manhood of the opponent.

Tony I have seen the frustration on your face in seasons past. I saw it earlier this season. Now fans and the media are trying to give the team a built in excuse because of injuries. Losers incorporate excuses into their life to compensate for mental weakness. Tony that isn't you. You man up every Sunday no matter how bad the o line plays or how many wrong routes the wr's run. You're still there. The Houdini escapes, the magical pirouettes in cleats leave us gasping.

The fateful night in Seattle. A coach quitting on you. The guidance of one of the biggest buffoons to ever roam a Dallas sideline as head coach. A coach in waiting now learning the craft of being a head coach. Yet here you stand. Make it disappear Tony. The perception, the opinion. Sunday night it's the Redskins. Now you have a true rb. Now you have a dominant wr. Tony don't just win Sunday evening. Dominate . Crush them. Make them capitulate on the field. Make them bleed. Make them suffer. Run , throw , block and whatever else you need to do.

It's your time Tony. It's your stage. It's Sunday night. It's the Redskins. The fan base venom is spewing .The world will be watching.

Well said.....being one of the biggest Tony Romo fans out there, (i remember the horrible line of QB's that have come through since Aikman & before Romo), it can be very tiredsome defending Romo to ignorant people and listening to the so called experts (espn i'm talking to you) talk about Romo in December & January w/o so much as looking at the stats and seeing what he has done the past few years when it matters most! Romo gets blamed for the defense for the O-LINE, for the running game stinking it up....it is ridiculous! If the Cowboy's win tomorrow, you can re-post this the following week & the week after that (if they win) until he wins a super bowl, unfortunately for Tony Romo!

P.S. - I actually did like Marion Barber & Patrick Crayton wasn't the worst WR Romo has had! Roy Williams.....ugghhh!

Tommy I didn't like Barber being a starter. It pissed me off to no end when Wade made him a starter. It took a calender to time his 40. He was what he was and that was a very good third down rb.

There aren't words in the dictionary to describe how I feel about Crayton. Two huge drops and quitting on a route that Tony threw a perfect pass in the corner of the end zone. All mouth and no balls. I truly hate him. Think how different Romo would be percieved had he done what he was paid to do.
tommyajar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: An open letter to Tony Romo... Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
tommyajar wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:

Tommy I didn't like Barber being a starter. It pissed me off to no end when Wade made him a starter. It took a calender to time his 40. He was what he was and that was a very good third down rb.

There aren't words in the dictionary to describe how I feel about Crayton. Two huge drops and quitting on a route that Tony threw a perfect pass in the corner of the end zone. All mouth and no balls. I truly hate him. Think how different Romo would be percieved had he done what he was paid to do.

I certainly cannot argue with Crayton's mouf! Couldn't stand the fact that as soon as he left Dallas, he couldn't wait to take shots at Romo! F him! I probably should have been clearer about Barber as well....he certainly wasn't a starter! I love looking at games from 2006 when he would enter the game and simply wear down defenses.....I still say the run he made against the Patriots in 2007 was one of the best runs I ever saw! (he almost got tackled in the end zone, then breaks about 42 tackles and almost ended up taking it to the house!) I just liked him, when healthy, and used properly!
Tony7188

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: An open letter to Tony Romo... Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
tommyajar wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:

If Patrick Crayton catches that ball against the Giants in the 4th quarter, its a easy TD and we win that game. We move on to the NFC championship game and history is rewritten for Tony Romo and the Cowboys. Then the second to last play he beats the Giants CB but quits running the route, leaving Tony's pass a few yards away from a GW TD.

I was so happy the day we drafted Dez Bryant

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: An open letter to Tony Romo... Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:

If Patrick Crayton catches that ball against the Giants in the 4th quarter, its a easy TD and we win that game. We move on to the NFC championship game and history is rewritten for Tony Romo and the Cowboys. Then the second to last play he beats the Giants CB but quits running the route, leaving Tony's pass a few yards away from a GW TD.

Ok, Patrick Crayton really "angered" me when he started running his mouth after he was run out of town. But we really need to stop blaming a 7th rd pick for three years of misery. How much more did you expect, he was a scrub, who only made it because we didn't have anything better.

Time to let that one go.

Sig Courtesy of thesickness89
dahobofest

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: An open letter to Tony Romo... Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:

Ok, Patrick Crayton really "angered" me when he started running his mouth after he was run out of town. But we really need to stop blaming a 7th rd pick for three years of misery. How much more did you expect, he was a scrub, who only made it because we didn't have anything better.

Time to let that one go.

That ended the best season by the best Cowboys team with the best shot to win a superbowl in many years.
HDsportsfan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: An open letter to Tony Romo... Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:

Time to let that one go.

Just because he was a scrub and 7th rounder dowsn't mean you don't catch the ball. I remember that 3rd down play clearly.Third down and Romo scrambling, he throws accross his body to the middle of the field to a streaking Crayton right in his hands with open field in front of him and he drops the freaking ball. Yea...obviously history and water under the bridge and all that jazz....but I can still easily continue to blame him for that one.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: Re: An open letter to Tony Romo... Reply with quote

HDsportsfan wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:

Time to let that one go.

Just because he was a scrub and 7th rounder dowsn't mean you don't catch the ball. I remember that 3rd down play clearly.Third down and Romo scrambling, he throws accross his body to the middle of the field to a streaking Crayton right in his hands with open field in front of him and he drops the freaking ball. Yea...obviously history and water under the bridge and all that jazz....but I can still easily continue to blame him for that one.

Yeah, that's the play right there that F'ed us the most IMO (let's not forget that Leonard Davis was called for personal foul for blocking Strahan as Strahan was trying to stand up that nullified a FD on a Witten catch a play or 2 before... that's what set up the 3rd and 15 play that Crayton dropped. I don't think Crayton scores on the play as others have suggest but I do think he makes it to the red zone. Dallas was up 3 at the time. A TD put us up 10 in the forth quarter. Let's also not forget that the the Giants returned the punt following Crayton's drop deep into Dallas territory and that's how the Giants scored the go ahead TD. Really, that drop not only took points off our board, it immediately led to putting points on the Giants board.

GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they run that pistol option stuff, Spencer needs to drill RG3 full force everytime. Don't even worry about the back.
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romo you failed. It just wasn't meant to be. Some careers just end up that way. Time for you and Ware along with Witten to be traded. Jerry needs to blow up the team start over.
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Romo you failed. It just wasn't meant to be. Some careers just end up that way. Time for you and Ware along with Witten to be traded. Jerry needs to blow up the team start over.

And I cannot tell you how glad I am, right now, that you are not in charge.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: