Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

An open letter to Tony Romo...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: An open letter to Tony Romo... Reply with quote

Tony it won't matter if you throw for 600 yards Sunday night. Tony it won't matter if Dallas scores 50. It won't matter if your coach freezes the kicker. It won't matter if the defense allows 51. None of it will matter if Dallas loses. It will be your fault. Just ask the media, they will tell you so. Belligerent uninformed fans will tell you so.

Life isn't fair and in regards to your career it certainly hasn't been to you. You have played for an inept , incompetent gm who isn't able to juxtapose owner and gm duties in a way that would be advantageous to you or the team. In the past the gm has surrounded you with mediocre to barely able players namely the player I hate the most in Cowboys history , Patrick Crayton along with Marion Barber and wr Roy Williams. You got to play one year behind a good o line but never a dominant o line. You were never allowed the opportunity to play for a shut your mouth defense. The kind of defense that would take the manhood of the opponent.

Tony I have seen the frustration on your face in seasons past. I saw it earlier this season. Now fans and the media are trying to give the team a built in excuse because of injuries. Losers incorporate excuses into their life to compensate for mental weakness. Tony that isn't you. You man up every Sunday no matter how bad the o line plays or how many wrong routes the wr's run. You're still there. The Houdini escapes, the magical pirouettes in cleats leave us gasping.

The fateful night in Seattle. A coach quitting on you. The guidance of one of the biggest buffoons to ever roam a Dallas sideline as head coach. A coach in waiting now learning the craft of being a head coach. Yet here you stand. Make it disappear Tony. The perception, the opinion. Sunday night it's the Redskins. Now you have a true rb. Now you have a dominant wr. Tony don't just win Sunday evening. Dominate . Crush them. Make them capitulate on the field. Make them bleed. Make them suffer. Run , throw , block and whatever else you need to do.

It's your time Tony. It's your stage. It's Sunday night. It's the Redskins. The fan base venom is spewing .The world will be watching.
Northland

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said. I was thinking that the Cowboys could lose and give up 70 points yet the headlines the next day would read something like "Romo fails to lead Cowboys to NFC East Title." He has had his moments/runs of greatness and moments of dear lord why did he do that? Yet I don't know if their is a more maligned player in the league.
artfuldodger

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Tony go.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that we still have a buffoon for a "GM".

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:

Won't deny that...
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

Won't deny that...

Well the GM's work for this season is done. He won't have any affect on the outcome of the game on Sunday.

GO Tony GO!!

Sig Courtesy of thesickness89
cowboyfanin2890

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

Won't deny that...

Well the GM's work for this season is done. He won't have any affect on the outcome of the game on Sunday.

GO Tony GO!!

Actually the lack of o-line depth he has brought to the Cowboys will be front and center for all to see on Sunday night, and it could have a huge impact on the game.
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cowboyfanin2890 wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

Won't deny that...

GO Tony GO!!

Actually the lack of o-line depth he has brought to the Cowboys will be front and center for all to see on Sunday night, and it could have a huge impact on the game.

Dallas is 9-0 when Murray gets 18 carries or more. The coach should remember this.
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cowboyfanin2890 wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

Won't deny that...

GO Tony GO!!

Lack of O line depth is an EXCUSE. Just like injuries. This OL plays differently with Murray in the backfield, he keeps defenses way more honest.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cowboyfanin2890 wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

Won't deny that...

GO Tony GO!!

That's already a done issue for this year. The fact that the GM should be fired is no excuse for failure and also shouldn't be an "I told you so" if they win THIS game. This is an average team at best, with an OL that makes it impossible to be truly successful.

But that's all behind us for this game. That's the team we have and the GM will not affect the outcome of THIS game, the players will. I know Tony will bring it, I just hope he gets some help.

TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the Football Mensa:

You Sir have quickly become my favorite poster. It's easy to see that you are a true fan who wants to see this team win. And unlike many of our posters you're not a koolaid drinker. Like most guys from "Da Boot" you don't sugar coat your words, but you respect other guys right to be wrong.

Glad you finally came onboard.

Desperado82

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:
That's already a done issue for this year. The fact that the GM should be fired is no excuse for failure and also shouldn't be an "I told you so" if they win THIS game. This is an average team at best, with an OL that makes it impossible to be truly successful.

But that's all behind us for this game. That's the team we have and the GM will not affect the outcome of THIS game, the players will. I know Tony will bring it, I just hope he gets some help.

The offensive line hasn't actually been a problem the last two or three games, having Murray back has helped the offense keep opposing teams honest and they can't blitz on every down.

I would say that the injury-riddled defense has been more of a problem. Although they came through in the clutch for us against Pittsburgh and I think they would have done it again against New Orleans had it not been for a fluke play.

^^^mack
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:

I would say that the injury-riddled defense has been more of a problem. Although they came through in the clutch for us against Pittsburgh and I think they would have done it again against New Orleans had it not been for a fluke play.

One could argue that the fluke play was our defense trying to do just that. Claiborne gets the strip... just needed someone to finish.

Yes, it sounds familiar, but this team has managed to do exactly that more often than not the second half of this season.
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD-ES-JJ wrote:
To the Football Mensa:

You Sir have quickly become my favorite poster. It's easy to see that you are a true fan who wants to see this team win. And unlike many of our posters you're not a koolaid drinker. Like most guys from "Da Boot" you don't sugar coat your words, but you respect other guys right to be wrong.

Glad you finally came onboard.

Ty TD. I love this team. I have been a fan since 1970. Hopefully we can get this team turned around. Believe me when I say how much I hate what Jerry has done to this once proud franchise. No sir ,no one will ever mistake me for a kool-aid drinker. I just don't live my life like that.

"DaBoot" Cool Cool Cool
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
cowboyfanin2890 wrote:
TD-ES-JJ wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

Won't deny that...

GO Tony GO!!

Dallas is 9-0 when Murray gets 18 carries or more. The coach should remember this.

Correlation does not equal causation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: