Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 17: Seattle Seahawks vs Who Cares?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need these two to step up big time in the playoffs.

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
Meeker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Meeker wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
silus wrote:
This lack of pass rush will be the death of the Seahawks. At least we know where to draft. But you would at least expect the D Coordinator to manufacture some pressure.
I don't think it's a problem with talent, just no creativity in play calling or schemes.
I do. We have no talent as far as interior pass rushers go and Bruce is still raw. Mebane is the only guy that can create any sort of push inside and he's not going to ever supply consistent pressure or have the stamina to play every passing down.

I agree. I keep seeing people saying WR is our biggest need, I highly disagree, an UT should be IMO.
100% agreed. I think an interior OL is a bigger need that WR too.

I doubt we would go after one, though, we need our current ones to step up. We have 3 solid prospects with Carpenter, Moffitt, and Sweezy...just need them to stay healthy to build that chemistry, our G's are always shifting around. A healthy Carpenter between Okung and Unger...could be dominant. Giacomini could be improved on, although I don't agree with all the hate he gets, he struggles in pass pro.

Quote:
Shawn Lynch ‏@MoneyLynch 3m
This is Steven Hauschka and I'm tweeting from Marshawn's account. Please vote me into the pro bowl.

Last edited by Meeker on Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeker wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Meeker wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
silus wrote:
This lack of pass rush will be the death of the Seahawks. At least we know where to draft. But you would at least expect the D Coordinator to manufacture some pressure.
I don't think it's a problem with talent, just no creativity in play calling or schemes.
I do. We have no talent as far as interior pass rushers go and Bruce is still raw. Mebane is the only guy that can create any sort of push inside and he's not going to ever supply consistent pressure or have the stamina to play every passing down.

I agree. I keep seeing people saying WR is our biggest need, I highly disagree, an UT should be IMO.

I doubt we would go after one, though, we need our current ones to step up. We have 3 solid prospects with Carpenter, Moffitt, and Sweezy...just need them to stay healthy to build that chemistry, our G's are always shifting around. A healthy Carpenter between Okung and Unger...could be dominant.

Meh. I'm pretty much done with Moffitt and his injury history. Keep him as a solid backup for Carp, but nothing more. Sweezy is a nice project/utility player, but he's absolutely abysmal as of right now and I wouldn't feel comfortable going into 2013 with him as our starting guard.

This is a stacked class at the guard position and I really hope we come away with a starter. Guard is by far the weakest spot on this team.
Meeker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Meeker wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Meeker wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
silus wrote:

I doubt we would go after one, though, we need our current ones to step up. We have 3 solid prospects with Carpenter, Moffitt, and Sweezy...just need them to stay healthy to build that chemistry, our G's are always shifting around. A healthy Carpenter between Okung and Unger...could be dominant.

Meh. I'm pretty much done with Moffitt and his injury history. Keep him as a solid backup for Carp, but nothing more. Sweezy is a nice project/utility player, but he's absolutely abysmal as of right now and I wouldn't feel comfortable going into 2013 with him as our starting guard.

This is a stacked class at the guard position and I really hope we come away with a starter. Guard is by far the weakest spot on this team.

Did Moffitt have injury concerns in college as well? Not saying I disagree, but I'd be kind of surprised if we went G all that early. I woulnd't mind one bit if we landed a great G prospect...as long as we don't pass on an equally talented UT to do so lol.

Quote:
Shawn Lynch ‏@MoneyLynch 3m
This is Steven Hauschka and I'm tweeting from Marshawn's account. Please vote me into the pro bowl.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeker wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Meeker wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Meeker wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
silus wrote:

Did Moffitt have injury concerns in college as well? Not saying I disagree, but I'd be kind of surprised if we went G all that early. I woulnd't mind one bit if we landed a great G prospect...as long as we don't pass on an equally talented UT to do so lol.

I hear ya, I just don't see a difference maker at the UT position outside of Sheldon Richardson, who should be long gone by our pick. I really don't see our interior pass rush issue improving over the offseason unless by some miracle we acquire Henry Melton.
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice win, good way to close out the regular season by showing some resiliance and gutting out being brought back to reality a bit by the Rams who showed more intensity than Seattle did. I thought the first half and early into 2nd half the 'Hawks were pretty lackluster. Glad they fought through it to get a win to end the season strong.

Sheldon Cooper

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30
Page 30 of 30

Jump to: