Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

MOCK DRAFT 2013 281212
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
aletz88


Joined: 06 Apr 2011
Posts: 78
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: MOCK DRAFT 2013 281212 Reply with quote

Atlanta Falcons Mock Draft 2013
Trade 1rd 2013 and 2rd 2014 for 49 and 54
2rd.- Texas DE Alex Okafor
2rd.- Stanford TE Zach Ertz
2rd.- Tenessee Tech WR Da´Rick Rodgers
3.- Michigan State RB Le´Veon Bell
4.- Iowa CB Micah Hyde
Compensatory Pick (Curtis Lofton)
4.- Texas A&M LB Sean Porter
5.- Mississippi State DT Josh Boyd
6.- Alabama DE/DT Quinton Dial
7.-NC G Travis Bond
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
matt2roddy


Joined: 21 Dec 2011
Posts: 944
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okafor is an outstanding prospect IMO. I would definitely love to have him on the team. I think we would have to stay in the first round to get him though.
I'm not so sure about Rogers because of the character concerns. Don't think TD would be into that.
Also a big Ertz fan, but as a #2 TE.
_________________


My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
devils1854


Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 20420
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TD doesn't trade back. Didn't look at the rest of it once I saw that
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lentz33


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 2463
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
TD doesn't trade back. Didn't look at the rest of it once I saw that


I'm sure if it made sense TD would trade back.

And the trade makes no sense. Why trade a 1st and a 2nd for two 2nds?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adam9


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 13812
Location: Kennesaw, GA
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Da'Rick is a no. Failed multiple drug tests at UT and cheated on exams. Feat prospect, bad for us. Similar situation with Hyde IIRC
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
devils1854


Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 20420
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
TD doesn't trade back. Didn't look at the rest of it once I saw that


I'm sure if it made sense TD would trade back.

And the trade makes no sense. Why trade a 1st and a 2nd for two 2nds?


Why do you assume that he would trade back? He did it once in the 4th rd in 5 drafts. I'm sure he has had plenty of offers that have "made sense." He is an aggressive GM. He has traded up at least once every draft, so having any mock where we trade back isn't worth looking at, because its not realistic.
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GrimeyKid


Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 1107
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheres that boy tuggle?
_________________


2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adam9


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 13812
Location: Kennesaw, GA
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrimeyKid wrote:
Wheres that boy tuggle?

Not worth a pick IMO
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GrimeyKid


Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 1107
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
GrimeyKid wrote:
Wheres that boy tuggle?

Not worth a pick IMO


not even a 7th?
_________________


2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lentz33


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 2463
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
TD doesn't trade back. Didn't look at the rest of it once I saw that


I'm sure if it made sense TD would trade back.

And the trade makes no sense. Why trade a 1st and a 2nd for two 2nds?


Why do you assume that he would trade back? He did it once in the 4th rd in 5 drafts. I'm sure he has had plenty of offers that have "made sense." He is an aggressive GM. He has traded up at least once every draft, so having any mock where we trade back isn't worth looking at, because its not realistic.


Well I'm not "assuming" anything. But I'm willing to put money down that if he had a trade back opportunity that would better this Falcons team he would do it in a second.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adam9


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 13812
Location: Kennesaw, GA
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrimeyKid wrote:
adam9 wrote:
GrimeyKid wrote:
Wheres that boy tuggle?

Not worth a pick IMO


not even a 7th?

Not to the point where we should make it a point to get him. He had under 20 tackles all year and isn't spectacularly powerful or fast. He is just an average big 12 LB that will go undrafted IMHO. If we took him I wouldn't be too upset, but I don't think we make a point that we HAVE to have him.

This to me is like every offseason people think we should sign Jordan Babineaux.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FalconFan13


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 9752
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
TD doesn't trade back. Didn't look at the rest of it once I saw that


I'm sure if it made sense TD would trade back.

And the trade makes no sense. Why trade a 1st and a 2nd for two 2nds?


Why do you assume that he would trade back? He did it once in the 4th rd in 5 drafts. I'm sure he has had plenty of offers that have "made sense." He is an aggressive GM. He has traded up at least once every draft, so having any mock where we trade back isn't worth looking at, because its not realistic.


Well I'm not "assuming" anything. But I'm willing to put money down that if he had a trade back opportunity that would better this Falcons team he would do it in a second.


You are correct he would as would any GM rather they have done it yet or not doesn't mean they won't. To think other wise is asinine.
_________________
2010 and 2013
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GrimeyKid


Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 1107
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
GrimeyKid wrote:
adam9 wrote:
GrimeyKid wrote:
Wheres that boy tuggle?

Not worth a pick IMO


not even a 7th?

Not to the point where we should make it a point to get him. He had under 20 tackles all year and isn't spectacularly powerful or fast. He is just an average big 12 LB that will go undrafted IMHO. If we took him I wouldn't be too upset, but I don't think we make a point that we HAVE to have him.

This to me is like every offseason people think we should sign Jordan Babineaux.


Oh i see your point
_________________


2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
devils1854


Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 20420
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
TD doesn't trade back. Didn't look at the rest of it once I saw that


I'm sure if it made sense TD would trade back.

And the trade makes no sense. Why trade a 1st and a 2nd for two 2nds?


Why do you assume that he would trade back? He did it once in the 4th rd in 5 drafts. I'm sure he has had plenty of offers that have "made sense." He is an aggressive GM. He has traded up at least once every draft, so having any mock where we trade back isn't worth looking at, because its not realistic.


Well I'm not "assuming" anything. But I'm willing to put money down that if he had a trade back opportunity that would better this Falcons team he would do it in a second.


You are correct he would as would any GM rather they have done it yet or not doesn't mean they won't. To think other wise is asinine.


Well in that case, mocking a player that has been arrested or has had personal problems should be ok. It's clearly not TDs philosophy, just like trading back, but since its asinine to think TD wouldn't trade back, it's equally asinine to think he wouldn't take a troubled player if it improves the team.
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
matt2roddy


Joined: 21 Dec 2011
Posts: 944
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
TD doesn't trade back. Didn't look at the rest of it once I saw that


I'm sure if it made sense TD would trade back.

And the trade makes no sense. Why trade a 1st and a 2nd for two 2nds?


Why do you assume that he would trade back? He did it once in the 4th rd in 5 drafts. I'm sure he has had plenty of offers that have "made sense." He is an aggressive GM. He has traded up at least once every draft, so having any mock where we trade back isn't worth looking at, because its not realistic.


Well I'm not "assuming" anything. But I'm willing to put money down that if he had a trade back opportunity that would better this Falcons team he would do it in a second.


You are correct he would as would any GM rather they have done it yet or not doesn't mean they won't. To think other wise is asinine.


Well in that case, mocking a player that has been arrested or has had personal problems should be ok. It's clearly not TDs philosophy, just like trading back, but since its asinine to think TD wouldn't trade back, it's equally asinine to think he wouldn't take a troubled player if it improves the team.

Its different. Drafting a player with character concerns has a high chance of hurting the football team and damaging the structure that TD and Smith have been putting together for the past 5 years.
But if there comes an opportunity to trade back and TD feels that it can help the football team, he's gonna do it. Belichick didn't always used to trade back either, so using the "he hasn't done it so he never will" argument doesn't have quite as much viability here IMO.
_________________


My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group