Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sam Shields
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDN40

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Sam Shields Reply with quote

oops

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's still learning the position. We need to keep him around, no doubt. I'm on the more important than Tramon bandwagon at this point.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:
I think only one RFA has changed teams in the last four years. Slap a first round tender on him if you can't make a long term deal and there is zero chance he is going anywhere.

yep, he's pretty easily worth a 1st round tender.

That's what you would have said about mike Wallace

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
CWood21

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:
I think only one RFA has changed teams in the last four years. Slap a first round tender on him if you can't make a long term deal and there is zero chance he is going anywhere.

I don't think other teams feel that way.
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:

That's what you would have said about mike Wallace

Steelers played that one smart. They knew no one would give him the contract he wanted + give up a second.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
CWood21

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
Steelers played that one smart. They knew no one would give him the contract he wanted + give up a second.

Umm...they gave him a first round tender. And it was more the fact that they would have to pay top WR money to sign Wallace AND cough up a first round pick. That's a bit expensive for any team.
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:

Umm...they gave him a first round tender. And it was more the fact that they would have to pay top WR money to sign Wallace AND cough up a first round pick. That's a bit expensive for any team.

Woops. My mistake.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
Dunderhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
Remember when we were talking about cutting him five months ago...

who the hell was doing that?

prolly the same people that wanted to cut finley 5 weeks ago and draft a RB in the first round

No, actually it would "prolly" be the Finley supporters that would think this would be a good idea.

See, guys who support Finley's Follies don't seem to care much about small things, like you know production v. salary. They're too busy with measureables and talking about the "someday".

Guys who support Shields and his struggles completely fit with draft develop philosophies and Money Ball philosophies. Shields is dirt cheap to keep. The guy balls and has ACTUALLY played in a Super Bowl. Even when Shields was demoted for awhile he showed class and worked his way back to the starting line-up. No head(aches)lines, just hard work and dedication - Shields is a team first guy and still getting better.

Finley has a couple "good" games and the "fan club" wants to know whether to send Mathews and Raji packing... Cause you know, Finley NEEDS the money and the defenses in the league fear Finley dropping balls!!!!!

My best guess is Shields is tagged, but probably in the very near future sees a 4yr/16-18 mil contract. It's actually not a bad deal if he's the starter going forward.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunderhead wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
jfinley88 wrote:
Remember when we were talking about cutting him five months ago...

who the hell was doing that?

prolly the same people that wanted to cut finley 5 weeks ago and draft a RB in the first round

No, actually it would "prolly" be the Finley supporters that would think this would be a good idea.

See, guys who support Finley's Follies don't seem to care much about small things, like you know production v. salary. They're too busy with measureables and talking about the "someday".

Guys who support Shields and his struggles completely fit with draft develop philosophies and Money Ball philosophies. Shields is dirt cheap to keep. The guy balls and has ACTUALLY played in a Super Bowl. Even when Shields was demoted for awhile he showed class and worked his way back to the starting line-up. No head(aches)lines, just hard work and dedication - Shields is a team first guy and still getting better.

Finley has a couple "good" games and the "fan club" wants to know whether to send Mathews and Raji packing... Cause you know, Finley NEEDS the money and the defenses in the league fear Finley dropping balls!!!!!

My best guess is Shields is tagged, but probably in the very near future sees a 4yr/16-18 mil contract. It's actually not a bad deal if he's the starter going forward.

I said at the beginning of the season that Shields would come in and win the job, and I support Finley, though not at the current asking price. That makes me what? An optimist?

Last edited by HyponGrey on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunderhead wrote:
Finley has a couple "good" games and the "fan club" wants to know whether to send Mathews and Raji packing

This never happened.
Dunderhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
Dunderhead wrote:
Finley has a couple "good" games and the "fan club" wants to know whether to send Mathews and Raji packing

This never happened.

You're right, the games were more close to average...

But the people that support Finley don't think twice about his money... And that is simple truth, his fans don't really care where it comes from or what they get for the money with Finley. They ignore season production and look at individual game production, just when he catches the ball... Oh, and my fav - the defenses surround him and everyone else runs free defense....

If it were true, EVERYONE would want Finley gone.

But if you care about money and cap and then look at Shields - different story. Shields makes min. You can allow a guy like that to develop because you can use the savings for better players around him. You can over look the mistakes, especially when you compare him and his mistakes to others that cost far more.
Dunderhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:

I said at the beginning of the season that Shields would come in and win the job, and I support Finley, though not at the current asking price. That makes me what? An optimist?

Ummm... A fan? No fan wants Finley to fail in a game. No fan wants Shields to fail either. Both are Packers. Both should get support when they play.

The difference comes when we talk future and what players should get paid and which should go because of the cap and what worth they bring to the team.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shields and Hayward will be are best CB's very soon. Tramon is still a great CB and it speaks to how highly i few Shields and Hayward that i would so that they will be our top 2 CB's very shortly because i still love Tray. Elite top 3 combo then you throw in House and his positive development and we have some crazy good depth at the position.

Kempes on the custom sig!
Pugger

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketchup wrote:
Shields and Hayward will be are best CB's very soon. Tramon is still a great CB and it speaks to how highly i few Shields and Hayward that i would so that they will be our top 2 CB's very shortly because i still love Tray. Elite top 3 combo then you throw in House and his positive development and we have some crazy good depth at the position.

Tramon IS a great CB. Look who we had out there against Megatron one on one a couple of weeks ago?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much longer is Tramon under contract? Lets not pretend he isn't still a very good player. At the moment, this isn't a bad problem to have.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: