Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Source: "Changes Will Be Swift"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://arizonasports.com/40/1598253/Report-Ken-Whisenhunt-to-remain-in-Arizona

"However, we have been led to believe these are not the "same old Cardinals" that we knew back in the day, and if that is the case then it may not prevent the Cardinals from making a move after all."

maybe there is hope that he's fired
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:

"However, we have been led to believe these are not the "same old Cardinals" that we knew back in the day, and if that is the case then it may not prevent the Cardinals from making a move after all."

That is just some guy from the ArizonaSports website giving his opinion. If we get blown out on Sunday it will make MB's decision a lot tougher... Besides, Whiz has a lot more to do with this team than Graves. Firing the GM who has little control anyway won't do much. He's just cheaper to get rid of.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
younggun1273

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

That is just some guy from the ArizonaSports website giving his opinion. If we get blown out on Sunday it will make MB's decision a lot tougher... Besides, Whiz has a lot more to do with this team than Graves. Firing the GM who has little control anyway won't do much. He's just cheaper to get rid of.

I don't understand why you think Graves does not play much of a role with this team. He is in charge of player personnel decisions, he is in charge of the draft and does the players contracts. GM is a very important position for a football team, certainly ours.

Justo on the sig
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

i agree, firing Graves isnt the answer. Keim already has a big say in the draft, and Graves has done well to extend some key pieces. Firing Whiz is the way to go because affects the on-field product more in terms of schemes. Whiz isnt going to change hes too stubborn
Cusi10

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

i agree, firing Graves isnt the answer. Keim already has a big say in the draft, and Graves has done well to extend some key pieces. Firing Whiz is the way to go because affects the on-field product more in terms of schemes. Whiz isnt going to change hes too stubborn

that's where i disagree. i dont think scheme is a problem. Plays are there to be made. its a combination of either the qb doesnt have enough time to make the throw or he just misses is outright. As a COACH whiz is legit. As a guy who thinks he can mold these late round qbs or tackles into pro bowlers is where he is lacking. Let Keim handle who is drafted and signed in FA and let whiz implement his schemes that actually work with players who can get the job done.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can say Whiz's scheme isn't a problem all you want but Whiz is the guy telling Beanie Wells and Ryan Williams that he's going to take them in round 1 and 2 pre-draft and then going out and throwing the ball 40 times a game....every game...every year. If you don't think that's a problem then I'm at a loss for words.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

I don't understand why you think Graves does not play much of a role with this team. He is in charge of player personnel decisions, he is in charge of the draft and does the players contracts. GM is a very important position for a football team, certainly ours.

Whiz has final say of player personnel and if he wants a guy in the draft he will be picked... SB winning coaches like Coughlin & Tomlin don't even have that much control.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-around-the-league/0ap2000000118068/Where-will-Andy-Reid-be-next-year

Has two things to say about us:

1: Andy Reid a possibility

2: Steve Keim promotion

I would be ecstatic if this happened because Reid knows QB's (and Kolb).
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd welcome Reid if Keim is the GM. Andy had the kind of run in Philly that Cards fan would dream of.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-around-the-league/0ap2000000118068/Where-will-Andy-Reid-be-next-year

What most people don't get, those two things are mutually exclusive. You cannot have Reid as the coach with Keim as the GM, Reid is going to, and will be able to, demand complete control as both HC/GM.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People keep saying Reid has a gerat track record with QBs...but he doesn't. He had a great run with Donovan McNabb (Who went what, 2nd overall???) and got 1 year out of Michael Vick. That's it, that's his entire resume. People will bring up Kolb but look at Kolb's number's there, no different than he put up here.

Reid's QB prowess is way overblown IMO.

Last edited by stchamp98 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

What most people don't get, those two things are mutually exclusive. You cannot have Reid as the coach with Keim as the GM, Reid is going to, and will be able to, demand complete control as both HC/GM.

i think that after such a down season by Reid, that he will have to relinquish some power
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8786968
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:

Exactly what I've been hearing. No definitive word on whether Whiz is out or not. 50-50, just like my source said.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

Exactly what I've been hearing. No definitive word on whether Whiz is out or not. 50-50, just like my source said.

Agreed. Don't think the Yahoo report is accurate, just a guess.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: