Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Source: "Changes Will Be Swift"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AZPSquared


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 1416
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://arizonasports.com/40/1598253/Report-Ken-Whisenhunt-to-remain-in-Arizona

"However, we have been led to believe these are not the "same old Cardinals" that we knew back in the day, and if that is the case then it may not prevent the Cardinals from making a move after all."

maybe there is hope that he's fired
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 12157
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
http://arizonasports.com/40/1598253/Report-Ken-Whisenhunt-to-remain-in-Arizona

"However, we have been led to believe these are not the "same old Cardinals" that we knew back in the day, and if that is the case then it may not prevent the Cardinals from making a move after all."

maybe there is hope that he's fired


That is just some guy from the ArizonaSports website giving his opinion. If we get blown out on Sunday it will make MB's decision a lot tougher... Besides, Whiz has a lot more to do with this team than Graves. Firing the GM who has little control anyway won't do much. He's just cheaper to get rid of.
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
younggun1273


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 7210
Location: Tempe
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
http://arizonasports.com/40/1598253/Report-Ken-Whisenhunt-to-remain-in-Arizona

"However, we have been led to believe these are not the "same old Cardinals" that we knew back in the day, and if that is the case then it may not prevent the Cardinals from making a move after all."

maybe there is hope that he's fired


That is just some guy from the ArizonaSports website giving his opinion. If we get blown out on Sunday it will make MB's decision a lot tougher... Besides, Whiz has a lot more to do with this team than Graves. Firing the GM who has little control anyway won't do much. He's just cheaper to get rid of.


I don't understand why you think Graves does not play much of a role with this team. He is in charge of player personnel decisions, he is in charge of the draft and does the players contracts. GM is a very important position for a football team, certainly ours.
_________________

Justo on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZPSquared


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 1416
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
http://arizonasports.com/40/1598253/Report-Ken-Whisenhunt-to-remain-in-Arizona

"However, we have been led to believe these are not the "same old Cardinals" that we knew back in the day, and if that is the case then it may not prevent the Cardinals from making a move after all."

maybe there is hope that he's fired


That is just some guy from the ArizonaSports website giving his opinion. If we get blown out on Sunday it will make MB's decision a lot tougher... Besides, Whiz has a lot more to do with this team than Graves. Firing the GM who has little control anyway won't do much. He's just cheaper to get rid of.


i agree, firing Graves isnt the answer. Keim already has a big say in the draft, and Graves has done well to extend some key pieces. Firing Whiz is the way to go because affects the on-field product more in terms of schemes. Whiz isnt going to change hes too stubborn
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cusi10


Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 362
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
http://arizonasports.com/40/1598253/Report-Ken-Whisenhunt-to-remain-in-Arizona

"However, we have been led to believe these are not the "same old Cardinals" that we knew back in the day, and if that is the case then it may not prevent the Cardinals from making a move after all."

maybe there is hope that he's fired


That is just some guy from the ArizonaSports website giving his opinion. If we get blown out on Sunday it will make MB's decision a lot tougher... Besides, Whiz has a lot more to do with this team than Graves. Firing the GM who has little control anyway won't do much. He's just cheaper to get rid of.


i agree, firing Graves isnt the answer. Keim already has a big say in the draft, and Graves has done well to extend some key pieces. Firing Whiz is the way to go because affects the on-field product more in terms of schemes. Whiz isnt going to change hes too stubborn


that's where i disagree. i dont think scheme is a problem. Plays are there to be made. its a combination of either the qb doesnt have enough time to make the throw or he just misses is outright. As a COACH whiz is legit. As a guy who thinks he can mold these late round qbs or tackles into pro bowlers is where he is lacking. Let Keim handle who is drafted and signed in FA and let whiz implement his schemes that actually work with players who can get the job done.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52979
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can say Whiz's scheme isn't a problem all you want but Whiz is the guy telling Beanie Wells and Ryan Williams that he's going to take them in round 1 and 2 pre-draft and then going out and throwing the ball 40 times a game....every game...every year. If you don't think that's a problem then I'm at a loss for words.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 12157
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
http://arizonasports.com/40/1598253/Report-Ken-Whisenhunt-to-remain-in-Arizona

"However, we have been led to believe these are not the "same old Cardinals" that we knew back in the day, and if that is the case then it may not prevent the Cardinals from making a move after all."

maybe there is hope that he's fired


That is just some guy from the ArizonaSports website giving his opinion. If we get blown out on Sunday it will make MB's decision a lot tougher... Besides, Whiz has a lot more to do with this team than Graves. Firing the GM who has little control anyway won't do much. He's just cheaper to get rid of.


I don't understand why you think Graves does not play much of a role with this team. He is in charge of player personnel decisions, he is in charge of the draft and does the players contracts. GM is a very important position for a football team, certainly ours.


Whiz has final say of player personnel and if he wants a guy in the draft he will be picked... SB winning coaches like Coughlin & Tomlin don't even have that much control.
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZPSquared


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 1416
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-around-the-league/0ap2000000118068/Where-will-Andy-Reid-be-next-year

Has two things to say about us:

1: Andy Reid a possibility

2: Steve Keim promotion

I would be ecstatic if this happened because Reid knows QB's (and Kolb).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 12157
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd welcome Reid if Keim is the GM. Andy had the kind of run in Philly that Cards fan would dream of.
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50730
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-around-the-league/0ap2000000118068/Where-will-Andy-Reid-be-next-year

Has two things to say about us:

1: Andy Reid a possibility

2: Steve Keim promotion

I would be ecstatic if this happened because Reid knows QB's (and Kolb).


What most people don't get, those two things are mutually exclusive. You cannot have Reid as the coach with Keim as the GM, Reid is going to, and will be able to, demand complete control as both HC/GM.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52979
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People keep saying Reid has a gerat track record with QBs...but he doesn't. He had a great run with Donovan McNabb (Who went what, 2nd overall???) and got 1 year out of Michael Vick. That's it, that's his entire resume. People will bring up Kolb but look at Kolb's number's there, no different than he put up here.

Reid's QB prowess is way overblown IMO.
_________________


Last edited by stchamp98 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZPSquared


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 1416
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-around-the-league/0ap2000000118068/Where-will-Andy-Reid-be-next-year

Has two things to say about us:

1: Andy Reid a possibility

2: Steve Keim promotion

I would be ecstatic if this happened because Reid knows QB's (and Kolb).


What most people don't get, those two things are mutually exclusive. You cannot have Reid as the coach with Keim as the GM, Reid is going to, and will be able to, demand complete control as both HC/GM.


i think that after such a down season by Reid, that he will have to relinquish some power
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZPSquared


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 1416
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8786968
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52979
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8786968


Exactly what I've been hearing. No definitive word on whether Whiz is out or not. 50-50, just like my source said.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JohnnyV


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 2205
Location: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8786968


Exactly what I've been hearing. No definitive word on whether Whiz is out or not. 50-50, just like my source said.


Agreed. Don't think the Yahoo report is accurate, just a guess.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group