Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Source: "Changes Will Be Swift"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what does your buddy do for the team that he could be on the out.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works with the front office. Don't ask me where or in what capacity, I won't tell you.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's gonna be the OC now? Watch them bring in Mularkey or Shurmur once theyre fired (i am not saying i want them)
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
Who's gonna be the OC now? Watch them bring in Mularkey or Shurmur once theyre fired (i am not saying i want them)

It is going to be someone that Ken has worked with in the past or someone that he trusts, trusts and has worked with in the past.

Mark Whipple is a name I bought up last offseason, but could be a guy who Ken would look, at. The two of them worked together in Pitt when Ken was the OC and Mark the QB Coach.

However his hire of Frank Reich broke that mold last offseason so, I don't know. I like Ken Zampese a fair amount.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

It is going to be someone that Ken has worked with in the past or someone that he trusts, trusts and has worked with in the past.

Mark Whipple is a name I bought up last offseason, but could be a guy who Ken would look, at. The two of them worked together in Pitt when Ken was the OC and Mark the QB Coach.

However his hire of Frank Reich broke that mold last offseason so, I don't know. I like Ken Zampese a fair amount.

I dont think Whiz would bring in more of his people because the FO might not let him. He has tried already and thats failed.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Front office doesn't have a choice. Whiz contractually has full say over his coaching staff and I highly doubt he agrees to have that stripped.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Front office doesn't have a choice. Whiz contractually has full say over his coaching staff and I highly doubt he agrees to have that stripped.

and thats the reason they have been unsuccessful recently. they either have to reduce his power or fire him or else next year will be the same as the past 3 years
stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

and thats the reason they have been unsuccessful recently. they either have to reduce his power or fire him or else next year will be the same as the past 3 years

I don't disagree with you I'm just saying, there's no incentive for Whiz to do anything unless we threaten to fire him. And I don't see anything out there saying we're gonna do that. Outside of Grimm, who wants out, we may not see many changes at all to the coaching staff. Maybe Horton, Jurecki said he's chomping at the bit for a HC job right now.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

I don't disagree with you I'm just saying, there's no incentive for Whiz to do anything unless we threaten to fire him. And I don't see anything out there saying we're gonna do that. Outside of Grimm, who wants out, we may not see many changes at all to the coaching staff. Maybe Horton, Jurecki said he's chomping at the bit for a HC job right now.

and if nothings changed, that will kill the organization because they'll have the same results with an even angrier fan base. Either fire Whiz (my preference) or make him hire an entirely new offensive staff.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it hard to believe money plays no part in the Whiz decision... 5.75M plus another 3+M for a new coach? That's over over 9M in total HC salary next season. Keeping Whiz and Horton leaving would be a killer. If we offer him the HC job next week I think he'd take it instantly rather than look around for other openings.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im still holding out hope that Whiz is fired
love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
[qus ote="stchamp98"]
AZPSquared wrote:
So many of the articles ive read talking about the upcoming black monday say that Whiz will most likely be fired. Thats what i think should happen. There are better options than Whiz.

Side Note: With Whiz still here, Dockett leaving is a greater possibility.

I don't know of a single Arizona media member saying Whiz is out. Not 1. They seem to think it's 50-50.

articles ive read from nfl, si, cbs[/quote]

Are those the same sources that said Kolb was perfect for the Cardinals two years ago?

On the "better: choices than Whiz, I would love Ried but not sure he would come here. Shannan=?????????????, what makes you think he would be a better HC, OC maybe but HC. Not every Coordinator makes a good HC, see Turner, Phillips, and Haley. Then Haley, what happened in KC.

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
I find it hard to believe money plays no part in the Whiz decision... 5.75M plus another 3+M for a new coach? That's over over 9M in total HC salary next season. Keeping Whiz and Horton leaving would be a killer. If we offer him the HC job next week I think he'd take it instantly rather than look around for other openings.

I wouldn't mind Horton as the HC if Whiz is fired, but he might have reservations on the Cards as he knows the Offense is a mess. He might need assurances that we get a "Norv Turner" or someone like that to be the OC.

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
apollo14000

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love2theOLINE wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

I wouldn't mind Horton as the HC if Whiz is fired, but he might have reservations on the Cards as he knows the Offense is a mess. He might need assurances that we get a "Norv Turner" or someone like that to be the OC.

There was a report that he was asked mid season to make a list of possible coordinators, coaches, etc so he probably knows who he'd bring on by now.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a bit of a random question but does anyone know if Horton could get the HC job straight up without any other people being interviewed since he is a minority? Or would we have to bring in at least one other person, regardless of race, to interview?

Justo on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: