Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Updated 7 round mock.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colwell5

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Updated 7 round mock. Reply with quote

Steelers Mock Draft-

1. Dion Jordan-OLB-Oregon-6-7-245-great speed, size, and ability to play in space, does a good job dropping into coverage and has great upside. Reminds some of a less polished Aldon Smith when he came out of Missouri a few years back.

2. Tony Jefferson-S-Oklahoma-5-10-215-great playmaker with speed to cover tight ends supports the run well. Could learn behind Clark for a year and then take the position the following year.

3. Le’Veon Bell-RB-Michigan St.-6-2-234-great power back with good hands coming out of the backfield. I just think Mendenhall is probably going to move on and Redman and Dwyer are great compliment backs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7oYE0nxLGk some highlights of Bell.

4. Travis Howard-CB-Ohio St.-6-1-196-Howard is a talented corner who doesn’t seem to get much press but has had a solid season for the Buckeyes. 40 tackles, five passes defended four interceptions. He was also All-Big Ten First team this year.

5. Nico Johnson-ILB-Alabama-6-3-245-great run-stuffing linebacker who has had a lot of great experience playing the SEC. I think they are going to give Spence a chance to win the job and Foote could be gone, Johnson could slide into the top back-up role.

6. Braden Hansen-OG/C-BYU-6-6-310-versatile player who could spell Pouncey in a pinch as he has played center for the cougars. Also could slide over to guard if needed the coaching staff always values a versatile lineman.

7. Brandon Ford-TE-Clemson-6-3-245-with the injury to Heath I see TE being a position where they look to add another young body to compete and Ford hauled in eight touchdowns this year for Clemson.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where dion jordan is less polished as a pass-rusher compared to aldon smith is true, but he is more polished in aspects of a linebacker role, he can cover, find the ball, and attack the carrier.
kysteeler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have watched a lot of film (well as much as I can find on Jordan), because I wasn't sold on this kid, but I now really think he can develop into a great 3-4 OLB. His coverage skills are really good for someone his size, and could open up a lot for our system.

I like the rest of the draft, you do a really good job of picking players at about where they will go in the draft. Nico might go a little higher, but overall pretty good.
jcm412

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All i can say is that i have seen Jordan get single blocked by WRs on multiple occasions. No way i would touch him.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcm412 wrote:
All i can say is that i have seen Jordan get single blocked by WRs on multiple occasions. No way i would touch him.

While I agree, I've also seen D. Jordan drop more in coverage then any other OLB. D. Jordan has J. Porter written all over him, which means he's scheme friendly.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
jcm412 wrote:

While I agree, I've also seen D. Jordan drop more in coverage then any other OLB. D. Jordan has J. Porter written all over him, which means he's scheme friendly.

From what i have seen, IMO, he would get killed in the NFL run game.
Mason Storm

Location: Hmm fire Tomlin of course y didnt i think of that oh yea because thats stupid.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Run defense can be taught right, he's freakishly gifted.

^ TommyC376 sig n avy^
"You know your a parent when you pay $120 for your kid to watch something live thats on tv for free"
kysteeler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mason Storm wrote:

Agree just as pass coverage can be. With our LB coaches and his skill set good things could happen.
jcm412

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mason Storm wrote:

No, strength at POA can not be taught.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcm412 wrote:
Mason Storm wrote:

But its developed. Few if any college players can match the strength of NFL players off the bat. That is a lot easier to develop than the freakish ability to cover wide receivers and cover them well for a man his size.

...you have a forum resume?
SteelProven

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You also have to take into account that he was a TE before the 2011 season. So he still growing as far as knowledge of the position is concerned.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
jcm412 wrote:

aside from the whole "sack the QB" thing, sure, I'll agree
jcm412

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why draft a developmental OLB who can't get after the QB and who can't play the run at pick 14?

I just dont get it. OLBs are paid to get after the QB and stop the run first and fore most. Why draft a coverage OLB in the 1st.

Last edited by jcm412 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
jcm412

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
jcm412 wrote:
Mason Storm wrote:

But its developed. Few if any college players can match the strength of NFL players off the bat. That is a lot easier to develop than the freakish ability to cover wide receivers and cover them well for a man his size.

He can't match the strength of colligate WRs in the run game. Just wait till he has to go up against NFL OL. He has got a lot to develop.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its amazing....Steeler fans bash the front office for taking projects like Timmons and Hood, yet now some want a guy like Dion Jordan, who clearly is a project. He has tremendous upside, I wont deny that, but he also has a very good chance of busting or being an average player.

And lets get one thing straight....DJ is a phenomenal ATHLETE...he is NOT a phenomenal football player. He has never, and I repeat...NEVER shown the ability to be consistently dominant, and most of the time he is making plays, its against weaker competion or when he isnt accounted for.

Unless we trade back, there is no way Id draft him. Might it pay off? Sure, but IMO, he is much too big of a risk and project to take in the first, especially the higher first.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: