Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

McNabb to Eagles fans: winning isn't easy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
We weren't going to do any better had we kept him
to say we would have done nothing with him based on two dysfunctional situations in Wash/Minny is absurd.
I didn't say "we would have done nothing," I said "we wouldn't have done any better."

Love you Nabbs, and I'm not trying to be confrontational (although it may seem that way toward Vick and Reid), but there's no need to put words in my mouth.

Remember when McNabb came out and said the "youth" of this team were to blame for our failures after we lost to Dallas in the playoffs? There's nothing to suggest that he would have progressed well together with our young guns (McCoy, Jackson, Maclin, etc). Yeah, that comment was his death wish.
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
We weren't going to do any better had we kept him
to say we would have done nothing with him based on two dysfunctional situations in Wash/Minny is absurd.
I didn't say "we would have done nothing," I said "we wouldn't have done any better."

Love you Nabbs, and I'm not trying to be confrontational (although it may seem that way toward Vick and Reid), but there's no need to put words in my mouth.

You just pulled a PE and ignored the rest of my post. Cool How do you know looking back at the last three years in retrospect McNabb couldn't have done better? Do you believe Mcnabb would have turned the ball over even 1/2 of what Vick, Kolb , Young and Foles have, seriously? Our biggest problem the last two season is TO differentials. Less TO's means more opportunities to score and less chance of placing your defense in bad circumstances and short fields. Both of which Vick and CO. failed miserably at. Is it not plausible that more time with Desean, Maclin, McCoy and Celek as seasoned Vets could have led to more success on the field then he had in 2009? Instead of having a Team average 3+ TO's a game over the past two years is it not plausible if that number was cut in 1/2 wins here or there might not have followed? I admit Mcnabb probably would have been killed by now as well given all that has occured. However looking back at the QB play since his departure. Outside the 7-10 gm run Vick had in 2010 , McNabb IMO could have easily played on par with or far exceeded what transpired the last two seasons if for nothing else then cutting the TO's in 1/2. That alone would have made a drastic difference in the overall production on the field IMO.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
How do you know looking back at the last three years in retrospect McNabb couldn't have done better? Do you believe Mcnabb would have turned the ball over even 1/2 of what Vick, Kolb , Young and Foles have, seriously? Our biggest problem the last two season is TO differentials. Less TO's means more opportunities to score and less chance of placing your defense in bad circumstances and short fields. Both of which Vick and CO. failed miserably at. Is it not plausible that more time with Desean, Maclin, McCoy and Celek as seasoned Vets could have led to more success on the field then he had in 2009? Instead of having a Team average 3+ TO's a game over the past two years is it not plausible if that number was cut in 1/2 wins here or there might not have followed? I admit Mcnabb probably would have been killed by now as well given all that has occured. However looking back at the QB play since his departure. Outside the 7-10 gm run Vick had in 2010 , McNabb IMO could have easily played on par with or far exceeded what transpired the last two seasons if for nothing else then cutting the TO's in 1/2. That alone would have made a drastic difference in the overall production on the field IMO.
Donny's TD to Turnover ratio was one of the best in the league during his decade of service for the Eagles, and something that I commended him for on this forum a few years ago. I will not take that away from him in any way.

Yeah, this discussion really has no end in sight, as there is no way to go back and guess how we would have done replacing Vick (and Nate Allen) with McNabb. So we'll just leave it be.
Jroc04

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as it was an enjoyable ride being one of the best teams for a decade I'll always remember this era to be a disappointment. Sorry 5.

Kilt sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does everythong come back to McNabb by way of McNabb? I understand you feel unappreciated but grow up and move on, we have...

The fact is, winning games is nice, but it doesn't mean a thing if you consistantly say the Superbowl is your only goak, like McNabb and Reid have said multiple times, especially in Philadelphia.

Birdwatch: Mychal Kendricks
TCK:10 TFL:1 SCK:0 INT:0 FF:0 FR:1
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Why does everythong come back to McNabb by way of McNabb? I understand you feel unappreciated but grow up and move on, we have...

The fact is, winning games is nice, but it doesn't mean a thing if you consistantly say the Superbowl is your only goak, like McNabb and Reid have said multiple times, especially in Philadelphia.

I think the point is this Franchise could be in a posistion where winning games and actually making the playoffs is the goal, not SB. You know like the Rams, Browns and Bills of the NFL.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really only 1 team can win the Super Bowl every year and this last decade or so saw more amazing/unstoppable quarterbacks then every before in the league. It was a hard time to win for every one. Only a handful of teams have been winning championships in the 2000's and they all have these just monster QB's. The 2000's changed how we view strength of roster and how the game is played and won. You dont have to have the best team to win a championship but you got to have one of the top 5-7 quarterbacks in the league or you dont stand a chance.

If McNabb and T.O tho got along and pushed through BS and the franchise just catered to T.O's whacky self centered act. They would of had 2 rings more then likely at the very least 1. Both would be sure fire 1st ballot HOF'ers..

If there is one thing Reid and the Eagles messed up it wasn't not keeping T.O happy and toughing up McNabb. I would of made T.O one of the highest paid receivers in the game the minute he fought back from injury(still unbelievable) and put on a clinic on how to play injured.

winning is not easy .. but i never got trying to win by passing the ball relentlessly when you dont make the WR positiong one of your deepest and most talented position. That is the story of Reids failure. Even with the bad play calling T.O would of stiff armed broke tackles and got into the open field no matter the call. Him and McNabb just had something special they didnt see that we all believed in.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is not what he's saying, but it's McNabb saying those things.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:

How dare the All Time Passing Leader and former face of the franchise and 1 of the top 5 offensive players in franchise history innocently comment on the reality of winning and losing in the NFL.

RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

How dare the All Time Passing Leader and former face of the franchise and 1 of the top 5 offensive players in franchise history innocently comment on the reality of winning and losing in the NFL.

Because he comes off sour Razz

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
PowerElite

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What has been obvious is how bad the NFC east is. Any top team with consistently good QB play and a top defense over the last 15 years could have done what the Eagles accomplished during the Reid/JJ era. The current Baltimore Ravens are much like the Eagles from that era but no one slobs the knob of the Ravens as being "special." Even Eagles fans in the moment expected more from the Eagles during the Reid/JJ era. There are just some weirdos who have popped up over the years saying that we shouldin retrospect appreciate that era more. NO WE SHOULDN'T! The NFC East STILL STINKS TODAY! But the Giants just play a style of football that lends itself well to winning in the playoffs. They stink but have a head coach that knows how to get it done in the post season, as well as a GM that keeps that team stocked with talent. Eli is good enough...
oland11

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
What has been obvious is how bad the NFC east is. Any top team with consistently good QB play and a top defense over the last 15 years could have done what the Eagles accomplished during the Reid/JJ era. The current Baltimore Ravens are much like the Eagles from that era but no one slobs the knob of the Ravens as being "special." Even Eagles fans in the moment expected more from the Eagles during the Reid/JJ era. There are just some weirdos who have popped up over the years saying that we shouldin retrospect appreciate that era more. NO WE SHOULDN'T! The NFC East STILL STINKS TODAY! But the Giants just play a style of football that lends itself well to winning in the playoffs. They stink but have a head coach that knows how to get it done in the post season, as well as a GM that keeps that team stocked with defensive ends. Eli is good enough...

FIFY. Laughing
NoHypeNeeded

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everytime I hear McNabb I just think "THISSS GUYYY"
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoHypeNeeded wrote:

"wait we just lost by 20 pointz let me go ova and hug and laugh with every opposing playa on defense and invite them to my spot to chill and smile all da while Dawkins and other cry in anger and defeatz"

His hugging and smiling and laughing to blow out loses pretty much sunk his career in our eyez and we all kinda are like "thiz guy!?"..

It wasnt even about rings.. he could of been less buddy with opposing teams and less stupid "poor me" comments to the media but mostly not hugging and kissing every player we face and it would of made a big difference in the way he is regarded by philly fan.. He would probably be a hero. But naw he just wanted to hug and BBQ and have sleep overs with every damn team we played.

He was personality wise not a "our guy"..

NoHypeNeeded

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
NoHypeNeeded wrote:

"wait we just lost by 20 pointz let me go ova and hug and laugh with every opposing playa on defense and invite them to my spot to chill and smile all da while Dawkins and other cry in anger and defeatz"

His hugging and smiling and laughing to blow out loses pretty much sunk his career in our eyez and we all kinda are like "thiz guy!?"..

It wasnt even about rings.. he could of been less buddy with opposing teams and less stupid "poor me" comments to the media but mostly not hugging and kissing every player we face and it would of made a big difference in the way he is regarded by philly fan.. He would probably be a hero. But naw he just wanted to hug and BBQ and have sleep overs with every damn team we played.

He was personality wise not a "our guy"..

Exactly and that was something I definitely hated. He could be throwing pick sixes across the board but he'd smile like he just threw a game winning TD pass.. that was ALWAYS annoying.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: