Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My apology to Mark Dom. (VJ & Nicks restructured)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: My apology to Mark Dom. (VJ & Nicks restructured) Reply with quote

Quote:
Bucs restructure Jackson, Nicks contracts

By Pat Yasinskas | Dec 28, 2012 11:08 AM
Very quietly, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have started getting their salary-cap situation in order for 2013.

The team restructured the contracts of wide receiver Vincent Jackson and guard Carl Nicks recently to free up about $18 million in 2013 cap space.

To accomplish that, the Bucs had to absorb more of a cap hit for this year for Jackson and Nicks. In both cases, the team accelerated the process by giving roster bonuses for this year to replace guaranteed money for next year.

Jackson got a $12.16 million roster bonus to push his cap figure for this year to $15.43 million. But his new base salary for 2013 will be $840,000 and his cap figure will drop to $3.472 million. Jackson had been scheduled to count $13 million toward the 2013 cap. The roster bonus will be pro-rated over the remainder of Jackson’s contract.

The Bucs followed a similar path with Nicks, giving him an $11.785 million roster bonus now and pushing his cap figure to $15.436 million for this year. But Nicks’ base salary for 2013 had been scheduled for $12.5 million and it now drops to just $715,000. Nicks’ cap figure for 2013 had been scheduled for $12.5 million, but it now drops to $3.072 million.

That leaves the Bucs in good cap shape for next season. They now have $98 million committed toward a cap that’s expected to be slightly more than $120 million. But the Bucs can still increase their space. They can carry over remaining 2012 cap space to 2013. Even with the accelerations on Jackson and Nicks, the Bucs still are about $8.5 million under the 2013 cap.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=nflnation&id=69205

Get ya post Xmas lists ready
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodgers Cromartie is going to get paid

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it!

And Dom was getting hate the other day lmfao!

After a few cuts ie Wright and Black we should be I'm great shape.

I expect at least one maybe two solid free agents this offseason.

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
Rodgers Cromartie is going to get paid

This is who I think we go after!

Nice size, great speed and young!

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a great job by mark dominik but I'm going to sy this: next year is playoffs or bust for dominik and his job. Looks like we could be in for a big off season.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: