Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General News - Buc's Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
Kelly rejects us and then chooses the Browns the next year..the Browns. Laughing

It all came down to personnel control. Chip wants full control and we weren't willing to give it to him.

I know but really...the Browns?

Other than Weeden already being 30, the Browns are actually in a decent position. They are up and coming with talent on the OL, and on defense with good players at skill positions. They weren't as bad as most past years and lost a lot of close games. The 2012 Browns are certainly better than the 2011 Bucs were.

True. I'm interested to see who he gets to be his QB. Weeden blows, so not him. Talk was that Colt Mccoy could be in the plans.

He wanted personel control.

One thing I'll say: Does Trent Richardson fit his style of offense? He likes speed and will probably run something similar to Washington's offense.

I can see them making a move to grab Geno Smith. But in all honesty, I'm not sure what their offensive identity will be. I thought Philadelphia would have been more intriguing to him.

Trent Richardson is a good back, I'm sure if he goes to Cleveland he'll be happy to have him, its not like Alfred Morris is a burner by any means. It's not easy to beat people with speed in the pros, I'm sure Kelly will make adjustments to his "system", RG3's are rare.

On another note: I will be interested to see how RG3/Shanahan's offense does with defenses trying to adapt. I do not think the Skins can keep it up for long with Griffin getting seriously hurt. It's obvious their offense is not near as effective without Griffin's running ability and that they struggle on third when they can't play action fake and toss it to the first read, that's why I find Luck's season more impressive.

Same here. I noticed RG III struggled a bit last week against the Cowboys when he had to step back read coverages and make throws.

Eventually, he's going to have to adapt to an NFL offense and make reads. The read-option/pistol cannot last long in the NFL and RG III is such a frail QB with little bulk, he'll last about 5 years in this league if he continues this play.

I will say this: RG III is extremely accurate, and think he'll do fine. But we have to see when he does get into that type of offense.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For any of you guys that have participated in FFMDs in the past you know that we have had our ups and downs. If you have any suggestions to clean up the process and make it more fun, let us know.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=15428679#15428679

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
Buccaneer Bruce wrote:
5nick5 wrote:
I don't get why people compare Johnny Manziel to Tim Tebow. He's more of an RG3 type. It'll be interesting to see what he does next year. I really hope he just continues to build on his already great resume.

Manziel can throw, that is a BIG difference.

What? RG3 is a great thrower...

I was talking about the comparison to Tim Tebow.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buccaneer Bruce wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
Buccaneer Bruce wrote:
5nick5 wrote:
I don't get why people compare Johnny Manziel to Tim Tebow. He's more of an RG3 type. It'll be interesting to see what he does next year. I really hope he just continues to build on his already great resume.

Manziel can throw, that is a BIG difference.

What? RG3 is a great thrower...

I was talking about the comparison to Tim Tebow.

Gotcha, my mistake.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
For any of you guys that have participated in FFMDs in the past you know that we have had our ups and downs. If you have any suggestions to clean up the process and make it more fun, let us know.

Thanks.

ready to KILL it again. Cut Wright, Black restructure Davin's contract and we'll have around 40 Million

Who's gonna take charge of the ship this time?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

Thanks.

ready to KILL it again. Cut Wright, Black restructure Davin's contract and we'll have around 40 Million

I'm in.
5nick5

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I forget who suggested we move to the 3-4 defense a few months ago, but I'd like to see us do that. I was opposed to it at first, but the more I'm thinking about it, the more I want us to make the move. All we'd really need (other than a secondary) is a nose tackle and a rushing linebacker.

Speaking of defense, is there any word on whether or not Sheridan is getting shown the door yet. He should've been gone December 31st.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt-a-Buc - Johnthan Banks 40 Tackles 2INT 5PD
xlfrosti

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

Thanks.

+1

Get rid of Blount and should be a good Free Agent year this year for us.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
So I forget who suggested we move to the 3-4 defense a few months ago, but I'd like to see us do that. I was opposed to it at first, but the more I'm thinking about it, the more I want us to make the move. All we'd really need (other than a secondary) is a nose tackle and a rushing linebacker.

Speaking of defense, is there any word on whether or not Sheridan is getting shown the door yet. He should've been gone December 31st.

Stop the madness. We played our best game defensively the last game of the season. Saw flashes from Bowers, know what we get out of a healthy McCoy at the 3. Add in Bennett with 9 sacks this year and Clayborn the year before. We just need to stay healthy!

Roy miller has done such a great job for us this year, not in pass rush but in run defense.

I think we'll be just fine next year

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way the Bucs move to a 3-4 defense as their base if Coach Schiano is no longer employed. It is really that simple.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clayborns injury I keep hearing is more concerning than most originally thought. May not be ready til July/August.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have Espn nfl insider? Kinda wanna read Ron jawsworskis top 32 qbs and evaluations
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Anyone have Espn nfl insider? Kinda wanna read Ron jawsworskis top 32 qbs and evaluations

really???

i cant stand that guy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LazyBoyFil wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

really???

i cant stand that guy

I don't mind him. He's got pretty good knowledge.

I was watching nfl match up this morning. And they were showing highlights of how Andrew luck and Russell Wilson did such a great job being able to look off defenders and move them with their eyes and have the vision to come back to the other side of the field.

Too bad the bucs don't have a qb that can do that.
5nick5

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
5nick5 wrote:

Stop the madness. We played our best game defensively the last game of the season. Saw flashes from Bowers, know what we get out of a healthy McCoy at the 3. Add in Bennett with 9 sacks this year and Clayborn the year before. We just need to stay healthy!

Roy miller has done such a great job for us this year, not in pass rush but in run defense.

I think we'll be just fine next year

I do agree if with stayed healthy and had competent CBs we'd be a lot better statistically, but Sheridan's play-calling is horrible.

I have no doubt we'll be better next year, but I was just thinking it might work better in a 3-4. Plus, there's so much exciting 3-4 players right now. Imagine guys like Ansah, Jordan, and Jones in a 3-4 instead of a 4-3. But I still don't really have a problem with the 4-3.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt-a-Buc - Johnthan Banks 40 Tackles 2INT 5PD

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 7 of 100

Jump to: