Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General News - Buc's Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
Buc Ball wrote:
Good news for a change lads. We're the best 0-5 team in the last 25 years according to Football Outsiders. Silver linings and all that...

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/10/16/4844414/are-the-buccaneers-the-best-0-5-team-ever

haha, well, that is kind of a silver lining, mostly though, because I remember people saying the same thing about the Chiefs last year... and now they're 6-0

A turn around is easily possible with a couple changes, we all know we have the talent at a lot of positions. Chiefs get a new coach and QB and bam they're a new team. Same thing with the Saints in 09, they get a new coach, new QB, and reggie bush and they win a super bowl.

My main concern is the Glazers getting a good GM and HC. Because that will dictate coordinator choices and draft choices. While I think a new HC gets the best top QB available regardless, seeing as we should have a top 3 pick, the OC especially and DC will be vitally important to our success. But there is a lot of hope for the future with a potential franchise QB coming to Tampa with a new HC. I just want to sell out to Buc fans again and get back to being a perennial playoff contender that has the possibility of a championship run.

Yeah hopefully they are able to make the right choice (if in fact it does happen)... but nothing so far has shown that they're capable of making the right choice for a new coaching staff

The most difficult thing though is finding what we don't have: a top HC and QB. Coaching can make up for a lesser QB and vice versa. In 2001, did anyone really think Brad Johnson would lead us to a Superbowl? Then Gruden turns up and he was lights out when he got comfortable in the system. Good coaches tailor their systems to the strengths of their big time players. We need someone who can do that. Putting Revis in a zone is as senseless as running speed option with Peyton Manning 20 times a game.

The Glazers are 2&2 on head coaches. For the sake of this team they can't swing and miss for a third consecutive time.

Doug Martin
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=98639#comments
Quote:
Former Bucs franchise quarterback and current Minnesota Vikings starting quarterback Josh Freeman had a few brief words for the Vikings’ pen and mic club and, apparently, he just cannot turn the page on the Bucs, tossing out a not-so-veiled reference to Bucs commander Greg Schiano.

Twittering from the land of a thousand lakes, Tom Pelissero of USA Today jotted down a few of Freeman’s thoughts this afternoon.

@TomPelissero: Freeman also emphasized the #Vikings org has people committed to being “quality human beings” and “they do things the right way around here”

OK, so Josh had his (handsomely-paid) feelings hurt by the big, bad coach in Tampa. You know, Josh, Joe is just going to guess that if you didn’t one-hop so many passes to running backs, if you didn’t mistake so many opposing cornerbacks for teammates, if you didn’t force so many passes to DJ Toes on the Line, and, you know, won a few games, that the big bad coach wouldn’t have been such a bully to you all along. In fact, he would have given you a hug and made sure you had cookies and warm milk before you went to bed each night. Chocolate chip cookies, in fact.

This just demonstrates what Freeman’s detractors have stated all along, that Freeman still has some growing up to do.

Has anyone heard Christian Ponder whine and complain and cry and bellyache and demand to be released or traded? Joe hasn’t.

Then again, Joe would be content with life too if he came home to Samantha Steele each night.

Lmao good stuff

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
Bucs00

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=98639#comments
Quote:
Former Bucs franchise quarterback and current Minnesota Vikings starting quarterback Josh Freeman had a few brief words for the Vikings’ pen and mic club and, apparently, he just cannot turn the page on the Bucs, tossing out a not-so-veiled reference to Bucs commander Greg Schiano.

Twittering from the land of a thousand lakes, Tom Pelissero of USA Today jotted down a few of Freeman’s thoughts this afternoon.

@TomPelissero: Freeman also emphasized the #Vikings org has people committed to being “quality human beings” and “they do things the right way around here”

OK, so Josh had his (handsomely-paid) feelings hurt by the big, bad coach in Tampa. You know, Josh, Joe is just going to guess that if you didn’t one-hop so many passes to running backs, if you didn’t mistake so many opposing cornerbacks for teammates, if you didn’t force so many passes to DJ Toes on the Line, and, you know, won a few games, that the big bad coach wouldn’t have been such a bully to you all along. In fact, he would have given you a hug and made sure you had cookies and warm milk before you went to bed each night. Chocolate chip cookies, in fact.

This just demonstrates what Freeman’s detractors have stated all along, that Freeman still has some growing up to do.

Has anyone heard Christian Ponder whine and complain and cry and bellyache and demand to be released or traded? Joe hasn’t.

Then again, Joe would be content with life too if he came home to Samantha Steele each night.

Lmao good stuff

I must give credit to Freeman for his well kept good boy facade. I was still rooting for him in week 2. Now after i have seen glimpses of true Freeman i am glad he is out of Tampa.
fattlipp

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick ? for you Bucs fans..

I have VJax and am about to start him over CJ this week, think he can put together back to back good games?
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fattlipp wrote:

I have VJax and am about to start him over CJ this week, think he can put together back to back good games?

falcons pass rush is anemic and they dont have anyone that can cover V-Jax. Starting him over Megatron though? No.....U always start Megatron

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fattlipp wrote:

Who's your other receiver?

Always start your studs. Having said that Jackson is a stud and leads the league in targets while Glennon has been starting. I'd start both if I could.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bennet talks about Schiano.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000268792/article/greg-schiano-losing-tampa-bay-buccaneers-with-autocratic-style
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucs00 wrote:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000268792/article/greg-schiano-losing-tampa-bay-buccaneers-with-autocratic-style

ok yeah he needs to go
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucs00 wrote:

Yeah, this is exactly the point I was trying to make when I was saying that attacking the victory formation is cheap. And all you guys came back at me saying you would like to see it...

See, even the players did not like that crap and you see that vid of Tom Coughlins reaction? Like I said, cheap and pathetic, get the crap outa here

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
Bucs00 wrote:

ok yeah he needs to go

I would be utterly shocked if he is not fired on black Monday, with the rest of his staff and possibly the GM. I just don't want him to be fired mid season and have us win meaningless games under an interim and then have the Glazers decide to keep him on.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The venom toward Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano has reached a new level with a local radio station buying a billboard calling for the coach's ouster.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9872198/fire-schiano-billboard-appears-tampa-bay-buccaneers-winless

Laughing

Doug Martin
ravishingone

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as they are in the hunt for a top 2 draft pick, Schiano needs to stay. Plus, if I'm the owners and I have the chance to save $9 million if it is proven that Schiano is the leak, I see no need to fire him after this game.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
As long as they are in the hunt for a top 2 draft pick, Schiano needs to stay. Plus, if I'm the owners and I have the chance to save $9 million if it is proven that Schiano is the leak, I see no need to fire him after this game.

Well what I don't like are the conditions that the players are under with him as head coach. I don't like to hear that they're miserable and have no interest in winning because of Schiano... I'd rather just get someone else in there and give the players the respect they deserve, and hope for the future
ravishingone

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

Well what I don't like are the conditions that the players are under with him as head coach. I don't like to hear that they're miserable and have no interest in winning because of Schiano... I'd rather just get someone else in there and give the players the respect they deserve, and hope for the future

I respect your opinion, and I hope you do the same for me. The owners made an investment in Schiano and since it is their money I have no problem giving their head coach more time with a new QB to turn it around. Do I believe a turnaround will happen? Certainly not, so a positive by product for me is a very high draft choice.

As much as I don't like Schiano, I can't blame him for Williams having false starts as a WR, Joseph and VJack with hands to the face penalties at critical times. I certainly can hold Schiano accountable for a flawed line slanting zone defense scheme and an archaic power running game first.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php

Interesting article that I believe has a very good chance of happening.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 55 of 100

Jump to: