Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General News - Buc's Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, the season can't start soon enough.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10100868161169907&set=vb.95501124594&type=3&theater

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8374/mike-glennon

Quote:
NFL Films guru Greg Cosell likes third-round QB Mike Glennon's willingness to attempt difficult passes.
"(In) the NFL, there are four or five throws in every game that are difficult throws, and you have to be willing to pull the trigger and throw balls when it appears that your receivers are covered," Cosell said. "Mike Glennon is willing to do that, and he can sit on his back foot and throw the ball effectively." Cosell considers Josh Freeman "on the clock," and believes Glennon will get a "very legitimate chance to be the starter."

Mike Evans 57 - 935 - 10
5nick5

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8374/mike-glennon

Quote:
NFL Films guru Greg Cosell likes third-round QB Mike Glennon's willingness to attempt difficult passes.
"(In) the NFL, there are four or five throws in every game that are difficult throws, and you have to be willing to pull the trigger and throw balls when it appears that your receivers are covered," Cosell said. "Mike Glennon is willing to do that, and he can sit on his back foot and throw the ball effectively." Cosell considers Josh Freeman "on the clock," and believes Glennon will get a "very legitimate chance to be the starter."

I like Glennon as an eventual starter in this league and as a potential top-10 QB if given the right coaching, but I think Freeman keeps the job the entire year. Whether or not we make the playoffs I still believe we'll be in contention the entire year barring a slew of injuries. Freeman keeps the job the whole year if that happens. But if Freeman doesn't take us to the playoffs, we could see Glennon take the reigns next year, because I wouldn't want anybody other than Bridgewater as of right now in next year's draft as far as QBs are concerned.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5121/josh-freeman

Quote:
Coach Greg Schiano said the Bucs "only have one quarterback," and "it's Josh Freeman."
Technically, the Bucs have four quarterbacks on the roster. But Schiano is trying to prop Freeman back up after the offseason kicked off with the coach questioning the former first-round pick's long-term outlook. "[Freeman] had a really good spring," Schiano continued. "I think it's really coming together, being in this system for a second year now. ... I'm really encouraged. ... Josh is going to have a big year."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000215817/article/greg-schiano-josh-freeman-is-buccaneers-only-qb

Mike Evans 57 - 935 - 10
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After listening to Glennon in the interviews, he even says he has a lot to learn. I don't see there being any competition, UNLESS Freeman absolutley is horrid in pre-season action and Glennon thrives. Basically, a Flynn/Wilson situation last off-season where Russell Wilson absolutely lit it up in TC and Pre-season while Flynn struggled.

Look, I think Glennon has it mentally to be a good QB in the NFL, even better because I think his mentallity will click along with his physical ability. I just don't think he's ready. I thought he was very similar to Matt Ryan with a stronger arm in terms of playing style and throwing well on anticipation.

It's Freeman's job to lose and like I said, he really needs to be worse than last year, factoring in Glennon flat out outperforming him at the same time. I just don't see it happening right now.

Josh is the QB. And as much as I am hard on him in evaluation, I'm hoping he puts it together 100%. It's needed with the team we have in Tampa.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have any new news on Mike Williams contract situation?

Still a ways to go but I was what four or five months ago that they were working on a contract. Word was a pause was taken just before the draft so they could put 100% of their efforts towards that. So what's the excuse now?

Mike Evans 57 - 935 - 10
leadkills

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Still a ways to go but I was what four or five months ago that they were working on a contract. Word was a pause was taken just before the draft so they could put 100% of their efforts towards that. So what's the excuse now?

Maybe waiting for the Giants receivers to sign to base their contract off that?
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leadkills wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Maybe waiting for the Giants receivers to sign to base their contract off that?

I hope not Shocked

If Mark can get it in the Brian Hartline/Stevie Johnson range I would feel good about that deal.

Mike Evans 57 - 935 - 10
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanted to post this up. Was reading an article where it was talking about Bowers and that if you were to take the amount of sacks he had in the snaps he took and prorated them to the amount of snaps Bennett took. He would've been at 10 sacks.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/6/30/4478056/buccaneers-rightly-believe-daquan-bowers-is-ready-to-break-out

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:

Wanted to post this up. Was reading an article where it was talking about Bowers and that if you were to take the amount of sacks he had in the snaps he took and prorated them to the amount of snaps Bennett took. He would've been at 10 sacks.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/6/30/4478056/buccaneers-rightly-believe-daquan-bowers-is-ready-to-break-out

If he stays healthy, he's gonna have a big year. I think he could go well beyond 10 sacks. I think with a healthy Clayborn on the other side and McCoy in the middle, he could have a 2011 JPP type of year.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
ravishingone

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:

If he stays healthy, he's gonna have a big year. I think he could go well beyond 10 sacks. I think with a healthy Clayborn on the other side and McCoy in the middle, he could have a 2011 JPP type of year.

Having a competent secondary is going to make the pass rush markedly better. A healthy Revis will just going to make everyone elses job that much easier. I'm really starting to get the itch for football. I just hope that the o-line can come out of training camp healthy. Having two nasty guards for a full season is going to make that offense even more dynamic.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5568/mike-williams

Quote:
The Tampa Bay Times reports the Bucs and Mike Williams have been in "regular communication" about a contract extension, and are still "aiming to get a deal done."

"Aiming"... wait, what!

This should be a no brainer deal. $35,000,000 range and let's call this a done deal, Stevie Johnson type.

I wonder though if Mike is thinking more in the Antion Brown $43,000,000 range.

Mike Evans 57 - 935 - 10
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5568/mike-williams

Quote:
The Tampa Bay Times reports the Bucs and Mike Williams have been in "regular communication" about a contract extension, and are still "aiming to get a deal done."

"Aiming"... wait, what!

This should be a no brainer deal. $35,000,000 range and let's call this a done deal, Stevie Johnson type.

I wonder though if Mike is thinking more in the Antion Brown $43,000,000 range.

I'm all for keeping him but what i don't get is i've heard the Stevie contract be thrown out but wouldn't it be fair to say that really should be Mike's ceiling though, contract wise. Stevie is Buffalo's #1 and should get paid as such. Stat's wise they match up but comparably but Mike's the #2 and kinda showed that he might not be able to be that #1 receiver. Honestly I wish they would work out an extension on McCoy which would actually save us some cap space before working out Mike's.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Williams is a #2...hope he knows that well.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
Mike Williams is a #2...hope he knows that well.

Mike Williams struggled in ear 2 and instantly was given up on being a #1. The guy flat out has talent to be a #1. The Stevie Johnson deal is in my opinion right where he should be. He's done everything right for this team.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 39 of 100

Jump to: