Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General News - Buc's Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Pvsports9


Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Posts: 913
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely great trade...love it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deuces22wild


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 8186
Location: El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very solid trade!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
YoungBucs15


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 3707
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me it's the perfect place for him. Bostad showed he had talent in college to get drafted in the first. Curious to see how it plays out.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
RoeKG


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4172
Location: PA
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No lose trade IMO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mfw096


Joined: 11 Feb 2007
Posts: 2851
Location: UNLV
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/6/9/4412512/buccaneers-plan-to-use-revis-in-single-coverage-only-some-of-the-time

Interesting article on Revis.

I think it's a smoke screen... Kinda, but I hope we do use his talent pressing down on the best like he did in New York.
_________________
Adopt a Buc:
Darrelle Revis - 50 TCKL 2 FF 2 INT 1 SCK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WestCoastBuC


Joined: 09 May 2013
Posts: 30
Location: Fresno California
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as he's on the field!
Can't wait for this season to start
With the amount of talent on the roster a second year with the same system and our injured players back I think we have a good shot of finally making it back to the playoffs this season. After last year I knew we needed more veterans who were regarded as leaders and we added 2 all pros in revis and goldson We got jackson last year and that turned out really well let's hope it's the same for the secondary.
I'll be flying in from Cali to represent against the saints at our home opener ! Join the fight! I heard there were way too many saints fans at the last game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deuces22wild


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 8186
Location: El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6518/gabe-carimi

Quote:
New Bucs OL Gabe Carimi played right tackle at Tuesday's minicamp session, but coach Greg Schiano believes he has the "flexibility to play somewhere else."Carimi will undoubtedly see time at guard, but it's certainly notable that he lined up at tackle for his first Bucs practice. Carimi's most likely role will be super-sub, but this is an indication he could push RT Demar Dotson for a starting job.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tml_gogo


Joined: 02 Feb 2007
Posts: 13151
Location: Montréal
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6518/gabe-carimi

Quote:
New Bucs OL Gabe Carimi played right tackle at Tuesday's minicamp session, but coach Greg Schiano believes he has the "flexibility to play somewhere else."Carimi will undoubtedly see time at guard, but it's certainly notable that he lined up at tackle for his first Bucs practice. Carimi's most likely role will be super-sub, but this is an indication he could push RT Demar Dotson for a starting job.


Cool. No risk, potential reward.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
YoungBucs15


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 3707
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting little article. Talks about McCoy losing 20 pounds this offseason. Hope he didn't lose much muscle but should be good to help him get that first step.

http://newsok.com/article/3854786
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bucsfan333


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 24310
Location: the mitten
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
Interesting little article. Talks about McCoy losing 20 pounds this offseason. Hope he didn't lose much muscle but should be good to help him get that first step.

http://newsok.com/article/3854786

No me gusta. He's already got one of the fastest first steps in the league.

Also, remember what happened when Free lost weight?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 6770
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
Interesting little article. Talks about McCoy losing 20 pounds this offseason. Hope he didn't lose much muscle but should be good to help him get that first step.

http://newsok.com/article/3854786


Im not sure if it's a good thing he dropped 20LBs. I thought he was around 300-305. Hopefully it doesnt decrease his strength.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deuces22wild


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 8186
Location: El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/22/bucs-face-huge-potential-liability-in-junk-fax-lawsuit/

Quote:
According to Peter Jamison of the Tampa Bay Times, the Buccaneers have been sued in federal court for violating the statute prohibiting junk faxes.

Yes, there’s a Junk Fax Protection Act of 2005, which imposes a $500 fine for every fax that is sent to someone who didn’t want it. The lawsuit, a class action with Cin-Q Automobiles of Gainesville as the named plaintiff, claims that 180,000 different people received junk faxes. The fine, which can indeed be enforced by a private lawsuit, is $500 per violation.

That’s $90 million in potential liability, unless the Buccaneers can prove an “established business relationship” with any, some, or all of the recipients. This would cut the total exposure down at $500 per recipient, but it requires among other things a clear and effective “opt out” procedure, and clear and conspicuous notification on the first page of the fax for blocking future messages.


What a joke!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tml_gogo


Joined: 02 Feb 2007
Posts: 13151
Location: Montréal
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/22/bucs-face-huge-potential-liability-in-junk-fax-lawsuit/

Quote:
According to Peter Jamison of the Tampa Bay Times, the Buccaneers have been sued in federal court for violating the statute prohibiting junk faxes.

Yes, there’s a Junk Fax Protection Act of 2005, which imposes a $500 fine for every fax that is sent to someone who didn’t want it. The lawsuit, a class action with Cin-Q Automobiles of Gainesville as the named plaintiff, claims that 180,000 different people received junk faxes. The fine, which can indeed be enforced by a private lawsuit, is $500 per violation.

That’s $90 million in potential liability, unless the Buccaneers can prove an “established business relationship” with any, some, or all of the recipients. This would cut the total exposure down at $500 per recipient, but it requires among other things a clear and effective “opt out” procedure, and clear and conspicuous notification on the first page of the fax for blocking future messages.


What a joke!


Faxes? We're the first teams with Ipads and cams in facemasks, but we still send faxes?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 6770
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=90405&cpage=2#comment-3282139

Listening to this reading the comments under this, I think people are extremely harsh on Josh right now. Saying he has a drinking problem? This is all water under the bridge. I may be skeptical of his play on the field and his ability to lead us to the playoffs, but all this questioning of his off-field character is asinine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaRealdeal


Moderator
Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 8978
Location: Jamison. on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=90405&cpage=2#comment-3282139

Listening to this reading the comments under this, I think people are extremely harsh on Josh right now. Saying he has a drinking problem? This is all water under the bridge. I may be skeptical of his play on the field and his ability to lead us to the playoffs, but all this questioning of his off-field character is asinine.

Tis' the offseason my friend Laughing

I heard the interview and I definitely thought something was up, but I never thought that it had anything to do with alcohol. He sounded distracted, as if people were around him. I even remember hearing him say 'hold on a second' early in the interview as if he was asking the people around him to shut up or leave him alone.

He actually dropped a lot of good info, specifically on Danny Noble and Lavonte David. Noble seems to be impressing with the ball in his hands and he compared David's ability to anticipate plays pre-snap to Ronde's. Very high praise.

His play on the field will define him. Period. This other stuff, as you said, is asinine.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 38 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group