Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General News - Buc's Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redcoat,

If you don't think he's elite , why are you fighting this? Why do we need more information from other analysts or reports ? We judge what we've seen of teo. Every game watched. Film. The Alabama tape he didn't even stand out. He was run over and had his ankles broke (expression for getting Juked out of his shoes ) several times.

I think he can be successful in the 3-4 but I don't see a first round talet. He's solid.
RedCoat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
RedCoat wrote:
Soul Glo wrote:
RedCoat wrote:
Soul Glo wrote:
What is so great about Teo? Does not make plays behind the LOS, struggles to get off blocks, average athlete, his coverage ability is not what his INT#'s indicate..... plus the fact NFL players won't take him serious.
R+P, Soul, Please at least do yourselves a favour (and the rest of us) by doing some research before posting... it's becoming embarrassing.

OK, you don't want the guy on our team, he played for Notre Dame, but please, the arguements your making are.....well, their just wrong, plain and simple. Can you find a link, of any kind, that would a t least shed some light on to your perception of his ability on the field!?!

In other news : http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/georgia-linebacker-alec-ogletree-charged-dui-just-days-132432459--nfl.html

you are coming off as a Teo fan boy Laughing

trust me, I've seen plenty of Manti Teo. so do not claim I have not researched or anything like that, just because I'm calling it as I see it.

I've never seen him be a guy that can make a bunch of plays behind LOS.... he just doesn't do it. He has trouble getting off blocks and he's not an explosive athlete. He has trouble in space as well, for example: Eddie Lacy - a power back - made him look foolish in space time and time again. I never thought he was a top twenty prospect in this draft before the whole fake GF scandal happened, so do not blame it on that either. Also I know his 7 interceptions are impressive but I can match that by saying he's never had a interception before his senior season. he's not special in coverage, he may be above average but he's never going to be a great coverage backer. I just do not see anything special in his game.

I would cross him off my first round list if I was a GM, maybe even the second. Lets just face it Patrick Willis was an ELITE ILB prospect and he did not even go top ten. Teo is not a knockout tackler, does not attack behind the LOS aggressively enough, struggles to get off blocks, struggles in space, and is not a special athlete. Sadly, his best characteristic were his intangibles.... and now those are a question.

He's a good player do not get me wrong, he's solid overall in both pass coverage and as a run defender, smart player, good instincts. But not worth a first rounder in my book. You better be sure your team takes him seriously if you select him.
I have never stated Te'o is, or ever was an elite player such as Patrick Willis coming out of school, but then Patrick Willis isn't the, 'Patrick Willis' in the league today, but I'm not naive enough to think Te'o couldn't be as a Pro?

I'll ask again as no one answered my previous post, DO ANY OF YOU, have any link to substantiate you opinions? I only ask, at it sounds like a witch hunt, rather than a balanced discussion?

I totally get, you guy's don't want, or appreciate, Te'o as a player, or as a person, but to suggest that you have 'seen plenty of him', only to follow on with such comments regarding his play, has me going in circles!?!

Hopefully the combine will help the doubters evaluate his physical skills on a more balanced plateau, along with the other invitees, I'm sure the scouts would have done a much more thorough job evaluating tape, than the like's of you or I. I also believe that any questions surrounding his maturity or leadership skills will be put to rest, in what will no doubt be, a circus of interveiws with coaching staffs and GM's etc.

PS....I've already said that MLB may not be the way to go, especially in the 1st rd.

PPS....I wasn't the one who brought Ogletree up either, I just posted a link to some breaking news.

PPPS....I remember Mike Mayock reporting that the knock on Kuechly coming in was his number of tackles against, 'weak' opposition, well, he put that to rest didn't he...

Redcoat, there are a lot of guys on this website and specifically in the Tampa forum that watch actual film - not just highlights or whatever - on prospects and are very highly knowledgeable about the draft. Guys like DRD, BSH, Soul Glo, RnP, etc. really know their stuff.

I am not one of these guys, nor do I care about Te'o, but it's not like they can just link what they've watched to you, but that doesn't mean their opinions are based on nothing.
Actual film....such as what? Unless their on a scout team for the pro's, they'll be looking at the same thing as you or I. I'm no expert, and I doubt anyone in a fan forum is either.

Please don't get me wrong, I mean no disrespect to anyone, I value their opinion as much as the next mans, just in this case, their arguement's appear to be singular to every Draft expert on the face of the planet? Thats not to say that said, 'experts', won't/can't be wrong, hell, each Draft is littered with the Leaf's and Russell's of the world...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Redcoat,

If you don't think he's elite , why are you fighting this? Why do we need more information from other analysts or reports ? We judge what we've seen of teo. Every game watched. Film. The Alabama tape he didn't even stand out. He was run over and had his ankles broke (expression for getting Juked out of his shoes ) several times.

I think he can be successful in the 3-4 but I don't see a first round talet. He's solid.
Here's one reason, "Teo is SOFT as a football player. He benefited from weaker competition. Against the big boys, he was nothing more than a 3rd/4th round pick"...... Wink

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedCoat wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Redcoat,

Here's one reason, "Teo is SOFT as a football player. He benefited from weaker competition. Against the big boys, he was nothing more than a 3rd/4th round pick"...... Wink

Tell me at what point you saw the "wow" factor or that he stood out in that game ? I'd love to hear this one...
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Te'o honestly just reminds me of Barrett Ruud, but slower. He'll be an ok linebacker someday, probably, but I would never look at him in the 1st round, let alone top 15. Laughing

That's ignoring the fact that he will be ridiculed in the room as well for the girlfriend fiasco.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
Te'o honestly just reminds me of Barrett Ruud, but slower. He'll be an ok linebacker someday, probably, but I would never look at him in the 1st round, let alone top 15. Laughing

That's ignoring the fact that he will be ridiculed in the room as well for the girlfriend fiasco.

That was pretty much my exact comparison. Teo is a big guy but he's not fast and he's not intimidating force if you ask me. He reminds me of Ruud. He won't attack the gaps. He waits for the backs to come to him.
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'all never seen T'eo play
Evil Betty

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:

I watched him miss about 8 tackles as Lacy ran all over him in the national championship game.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwoM5fLITfk

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:

Nope, never. Who is he?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:

saw him in the championship game against Bama(probably the closest squad to a NFL team equivalent to slightly lower level then the bottom 3 teams of the NFL) and he was IRRELEVANT all game

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
RedCoat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
RedCoat wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Redcoat,

Tell me at what point you saw the "wow" factor or that he stood out in that game ? I'd love to hear this one...
Theirs my point..."that game"!?!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
Be careful EST96, you'll be labelled as a, "Te'o fan boy", like I have been... Confused

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil Betty wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:

I watched him miss about 8 tackles as Lacy ran all over him in the national championship game.
Hmm...I'm seeing a trend, how about any of the other 50 odd games he played for the Irish!?!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 21 of 100

Jump to: