Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General News - Buc's Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news about Mike Williams. I see him getting something in the ball part
K of 5 years 33-38 mil. Probably a salary of 7.25 a year.

. Now all we need to do is get a competent qb to get him and Jackson the ball Laughing
indifference

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty interesting stats posted here....

Foster wasn't as bad as David was in pass coverage, apparently.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/29/signature-stats-first-downs-allowed-linebackers/
canadabuccaneer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

. Now all we need to do is get a competent qb to get him and Jackson the ball Laughing

Rolling Eyes

#EmbraceTheSuck
ravishingone

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:
Take with a grain of salt but figured I would throw this in here.

Quote:
Incarcerated Bob ‏@incarceratedbob
**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: Jets have received 3 *Early* offers for @Revis24 (As of this morning Bucs / Colts / Broncos) all made offers

Again consider the source but he has shown to be occasionally right. Would be interesting.

I am really, really interested in him coming to Tampa. Obvisouly physical has to come back 100% but I would be fine with the money being thrown at him if everything checks out. He is still young at 27. Champ is just starting to fall off and he is 34, Barber is still playing at a high level but has slowed a bit in the last few years and he is 37 years old.

Not sure how much gaurenteed we threw at Fat Albert when he was considered by some to be the most dominate defesnive player but total was around $120 million so I don't think we would hesitate to throw a big number at Revis who has been considered the same over the last few years. I guess the make or break comes down to draft picks. Our first isn't a big deal since most figure we are going after a corner anywho. Maybe our 1st and and Pats 4th this year with another pick coming next year?

Would sure be a huge assest especially facing the Falcons and Saints 4 times a year.

I'm interested if the knee checks out. However, the biggest concern is the contract extension. They have to know they can resign him because he can't be franchised after his contract runs out next season. I can't believe the Jets would allow a team to negotiate a contract with him before trading for him (I'm not even sure that would be allowed by the league). For that reason, I'm not sure the Jets would even be offered a first round draft pick in the upper half of the first round. I would be concerned about only having him for a year and giving up #13. Now a second rounder this year, and a conditional pick next year whether he can be resigned I would be more comfortable. With what's he's asking, it's a lot for teams to ponder. I think the Bucs would be a great fit (salary cap space, Jets get him out of conference, man coverage team).

Its going to be interesting to see what happens with Revis.
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

I'm glad you find a way to get that last sentence in there Laughing Laughing Laughing
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.coachingsearch.com/component/content/article/2368-tony-oden-headed-to-tampa-bay-to-coach-defensive-backs.html

Quote:
After one year as the Jacksonville Jaguars defensive backs coach, Tony Oden has now landed in Tampa Bay on the staff of Greg Schiano, CoachingSearch.com has learned.

Oden is a young coach that has worked for the Texans, Saints and Jaguars. He is going to have his hands full with this group.

Not sure what to expect from him.

Derek Cox to Tampa?

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
http://www.coachingsearch.com/component/content/article/2368-tony-oden-headed-to-tampa-bay-to-coach-defensive-backs.html

Quote:
After one year as the Jacksonville Jaguars defensive backs coach, Tony Oden has now landed in Tampa Bay on the staff of Greg Schiano, CoachingSearch.com has learned.

Oden is a young coach that has worked for the Texans, Saints and Jaguars. He is going to have his hands full with this group.

Derek Cox to Tampa?
Rolling Eyes
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

Quote:

Derek Cox to Tampa?
Rolling Eyes

And the eye roll means...

REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

Quote:

Derek Cox to Tampa?
Rolling Eyes

And the eye roll means...

Just seems like another questionable move amongst the positions hires. I felt that McNulty should have been hired as Wrs coach and I stand by that. Getting this Oden guy who hasn't had much success on good defenses makes me question the decision as well.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:

Quote:

Derek Cox to Tampa?

What the heck happened to the DB coach from Arizona that we interviewed? Instead we get this guy from a horrible Jacksonville team. I wanted a new DC or at least better DB coach and neither happen. If anything the DB coach got worse. From a statistical point I know that's probably not gonna happen but still. Lets hope we get better players at least cuz it doesn't look like much has changed.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
96BucsBallin wrote:
Only our team would lose by having an non reviewable play reviewed.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

Quote:

Derek Cox to Tampa?

What the heck happened to the DB coach from Arizona that we interviewed? Instead we get this guy from a horrible Jacksonville team. I wanted a new DC or at least better DB coach and neither happen. If anything the DB coach got worse. From a statistical point I know that's probably not gonna happen but still. Lets hope we get better players at least cuz it doesn't look like much has changed.

That's why I don't know what to expect from Oden. His secondary in Jacksonville wasn't very good, but in New Orleans it was awesome.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=8739

Quote:
According to the Saints website in 2011, Oden helped oversee a revamping of the secondary over the past two seasons that has paid dividends. Since 2009, the Saints have allowed the fewest touchdown passes ( 28 ) in the NFL, have the most interception return yards ( 848 ), the highest average yardage per return ( 24.2 ) and are tied for the most interception returns for touchdowns ( 7 ).

Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:

Quote:

Derek Cox to Tampa?

That's why I don't know what to expect from Oden. His secondary in Jacksonville wasn't very good, but in New Orleans it was awesome.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=8739

Quote:
According to the Saints website in 2011, Oden helped oversee a revamping of the secondary over the past two seasons that has paid dividends. Since 2009, the Saints have allowed the fewest touchdown passes ( 28 ) in the NFL, have the most interception return yards ( 848 ), the highest average yardage per return ( 24.2 ) and are tied for the most interception returns for touchdowns ( 7 ).

Hmmm Think Maybe what we are to take from this is that Oden needs decent players to be successful or very possibly the right situation. Its clear that Jacksonville couldnt of helped him but I just dont know if Tampa will be his fit. But whatever happened in that interview must of been more impressive then the guy from Arizona cuz from what I understand he is still on the market looking for a job.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
96BucsBallin wrote:
Only our team would lose by having an non reviewable play reviewed.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When he took over the DBS job in New Orleans they ranked 30th in the league in pass defense. 22nd in 2012 in Jax. So Tampa hires him to improve ours?

Good news? Can't get any worse than 32nd.

Bad news: not sure how much better we get.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5568/mike-williams

Quote:
The Tampa Bay Times suggests Mike Williams could be in line for a deal similar to the five-year, $36.25 million extension Stevie Johnson signed last March.

I would be fine with those numbers.

$91 million for both Jackson and Williams. Lots of money but when you factor in Fitz and Calvin each were signed for more than $120 million themselves it makes our combo look even better Very Happy

Mike Evans 57 - 935 - 10
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5568/mike-williams

Quote:
The Tampa Bay Times suggests Mike Williams could be in line for a deal similar to the five-year, $36.25 million extension Stevie Johnson signed last March.

I would be fine with those numbers.

$91 million for both Jackson and Williams. Lots of money but when you factor in Fitz and Calvin each were signed for more than $120 million themselves it makes our combo look even better Very Happy

I don't mind it, it assures that Freeman or whoever plays quarterback has a good supporting cast.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 14 of 100

Jump to: