Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General News - Buc's Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CHOMP_CHOMP

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
So Cooper is gone. Now when are we firing Sheridan? Seriously though, why is this guy still on staff and had anyone heard anything?

Last I read schiano took a few days off and started evaluating this week. Well probably hear something by Monday. Indications are leading to believe he could stay.

I'm actually on the fence. If he gets canned then cool. If not its bc the talent factor and positions/depth are more concern than play calling.
He will stay but I think with a better DB coach we'll be much better technique wise.

As for Monte Kiffin - I still have a sour taste in my mouth when he basically quit on us with 4 games left in the season to team up with his pathetic son. I felt like he is overrated to a certain extent.

What?!? Kiffin is one of the better defensive minds in like last couple of decades!

To call him over rated is, in the nicest way possible, just naive and uneducated.

This isnt a personal attack on you in any way, but to be blinded to the fact the he is a defensive genius is naive.
indifference

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:

What?!? Kiffin is one of the better defensive minds in like last couple of decades!

To call him over rated is, in the nicest way possible, just naive and uneducated.

This isnt a personal attack on you in any way, but to be blinded to the fact the he is a defensive genius is naive.
I said he was overrated to a certain extent. His stubbornness to NEVER think outside the box in regards to anything(i.e. play-calling & personnel formations) was my biggest gripe.
CHOMP_CHOMP

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:

I said he was overrated to a certain extent. His stubbornness to NEVER think outside the box in regards to anything(i.e. play-calling & personnel formations) was my biggest gripe.

Outside the box??

He defense was outside the top-10 in scoring defense ONCE in the entire time he was with our team.

His defense was outside the top-10 in yards allowed TWICE

I would be stubborn too, because it clearly worked! Lol
indifference

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
indifference wrote:
CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:

Outside the box??

He defense was outside the top-10 in scoring defense ONCE in the entire time he was with our team.

Uh okay that's to be expected when you have 3 HOF caliber players that were pretty healthy for majority of their career. When we had to move on from Rice, Sapp, Lynch, etc....his in-game play-calling was unjustifiable at times. And again, that's why I say he is overrated to an extent. He played too conservative and couldn't ever beat the Eagles until Gruden came in. Yeah his overall body of work is impressive but he had his flaws too that held this team back.
ramblinbuc

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do some of you Scheme buffs think Monte will do in Dallas? I thought they were a 3-4. Who moves? Do they have to make some moves in the offseason? Can they afford to?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramblinbuc wrote:
What do some of you Scheme buffs think Monte will do in Dallas? I thought they were a 3-4. Who moves? Do they have to make some moves in the offseason? Can they afford to?

All I know is demarcus ware never puts his hand on the ground so i dunno what they're gonna do with him or how effective he's gonna be as a 4-3 end
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
ramblinbuc wrote:

All I know is demarcus ware never puts his hand on the ground so i dunno what they're gonna do with him or how effective he's gonna be as a 4-3 end

Actually he played opposite Osi in the dirt at Troy. Drafted as a hybrid.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
ramblinbuc wrote:

8-9 years in the league as OLB. Not going to be an easy transition.

This was poorly thought out by Jerry Jones. Monte Kiffin is one of te great defensive minds but he's 73 years old next month. How many years will he actually want to coach? Change the scheme for what a year maybe two. The Dallas defense is very good as it is now. They were crippled by injuries. Now they're going to adjust to the Tampa 2?
CHOMP_CHOMP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
ramblinbuc wrote:

This was poorly thought out by Jerry Jones. Monte Kiffin is one of te great defensive minds but he's 73 years old next month. How many years will he actually want to coach? Change the scheme for what a year maybe two. The Dallas defense is very good as it is now. They were crippled by injuries. Now they're going to adjust to the Tampa 2?

They would actually run a 4-3 Under not a Tampa-2. The 4-3 Under is actually very similar to the 3-4. There will be some transition but not much, and Ware is one of the best passrushers in the league. I doubt putting his hand in the ground will stop him from getting after the QB.
epicMustache

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
ramblinbuc wrote:

They would actually run a 4-3 Under not a Tampa-2. The 4-3 Under is actually very similar to the 3-4. There will be some transition but not much, and Ware is one of the best passrushers in the league. I doubt putting his hand in the ground will stop him from getting after the QB.

This. His defense in Dallas will look somewhat like the Seahawks defense; Pete Carroll learned the 4-3 Under from Monte. It'll be a somewhat drastic transition, but not as much as the 3-4 to 4-3 everyone thinks.

THE PACK MAN wrote:
... but the Packers wouldnt be as good if they had the 49ers defense.

- Adopt a Buc -
Dekoda Watson: 14 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 interception
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alfred Morris made 2nd team all pro at RB over Doug Martin. This grids my gears. No way was he better than the muscle hamster.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Alfred Morris made 2nd team all pro at RB over Doug Martin. This grids my gears. No way was he better than the muscle hamster.

Morris had 159 more yards, 2 more touchdowns. Martin had a ton of catches though.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug Martin 49 rec. 472 yards 1td
1 fumble, lost 1

Alfred Morris 11 rec. 77 yards 0 TDS
4 fumbles. 3 lost

i think Doug deserves it, hes a more complete back, i know morris had more rushing yards but those fumbles have to hurt with the lack of recs.
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
indifference wrote:
CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:

Outside the box??

That is all great for the NFL of the past. Did you watch any USC games? The guy refuses to change his scheme against what is played against him and is completely lost when it comes to speed that college is played at and the packages that were thrown at him. Have the utmost respect for Monte and what he did here but the game has changed around him and from what i've seen he refuses to adapt. I wouldn't want him back in Tampa.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

Pretty close players except one is in a huge market, and the other is in a small market.

Bigger market always wins.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 10 of 100

Jump to: