Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General News - Buc's Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the bucs will keep sully. Reports from Roy Cummings from twitter is the bears hired Marc Trestman.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Looks like the bucs will keep sully. Reports from Roy Cummings from twitter is the bears hired Marc Trestman.

Really? That would wreck the Als over here. Sad

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
Panthers lost Chud as their OC because he's coaching the Browns now.

Sssssssssscore.

Panthers fans seems to be happy about it, but I don't get it. Not many coaches are willing to completely design a scheme around one player. Chud's creativity is the biggest reason for Cam's success as a rookie. If Chud left at the end of last season they would have been devastated.

Cooper is officially gone.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/usf-hires-bucs-cooper-coach-secondary?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Quote:
USF coach Willie Taggart has made a second key addition to his defensive staff in the last three days, announcing Friday morning that Ron Cooper, a veteran college coach who worked with the Bucs defensive backs this past season, has been hired as the Bulls' secondary coach and assistant head coach.

Im honestly fine with this, obviously our secondary was a weak point. I dont put all the blame on the coach, but he should take some.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Cooper is gone. Now when are we firing Sheridan? Seriously though, why is this guy still on staff and had anyone heard anything?

Smack ^
#FireLovie
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
So Cooper is gone. Now when are we firing Sheridan? Seriously though, why is this guy still on staff and had anyone heard anything?

Last I read schiano took a few days off and started evaluating this week. Well probably hear something by Monday. Indications are leading to believe he could stay.

I'm actually on the fence. If he gets canned then cool. If not its bc the talent factor and positions/depth are more concern than play calling.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:

Rolling Eyes #1 run defense and you guys want him fired.... give him a chance with some actual CBs
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:

Rolling Eyes #1 run defense and you guys want him fired.... give him a chance with some actual CBs

If there is a reason to keep him around it's because of exactly this. The turnaround on run defense was nothing short of remarkable and our starting CBs for most of the season were a bunch of nobodies.

I have kind of flip-flopped on this since the season ended. Initially I wanted him gone, badly, but now I'm willing to give him a chance next season.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our run defense was so good because it was so easy to pass on us. I could have the #1 rush defense in the league too, just blitz 9 every play. Our pass defense was beyond atrocious. Is it all the players? I'm not so sure. Things like our DB's playing 10 yards off on 3rd and 1, DB's playing press without pressing, zones with massive holes...etc. These issues are not so much about skill as they are about bad scheming.

I don't care if we had the Seahawks corner duo, they're not stopping anyone on 3rd and 1 when they're playing 10 yards off.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We did have the top run defense but I remember listening to wdea 620 and they did a statistic that teams ran the fewest rush attempts against the bucs defense so it's a bit of a stretch bc our pass defense was not very good.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
We did have the top run defense but I remember listening to wdea 620 and they did a statistic that teams ran the fewest rush attempts against the bucs defense so it's a bit of a stretch bc our pass defense was not very good.

This goes both ways.

One of the reasons teams passed on is is because they weren't able to run on us. We had the lowest YPA allowed in run defense at 3.5 YPA.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiffin is the DC for the Cowboys now. Booooooooo.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:

Mo Claiborne gonna be in the doghouse quick with his non tackling self

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
RoeKG wrote:

I remember when people were saying the same about Mike Jenkins in Dallas early in his career and turns out he's more of the most physical cbs.
indifference

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:

Last I read schiano took a few days off and started evaluating this week. Well probably hear something by Monday. Indications are leading to believe he could stay.

I'm actually on the fence. If he gets canned then cool. If not its bc the talent factor and positions/depth are more concern than play calling.
He will stay but I think with a better DB coach we'll be much better technique wise.

As for Monte Kiffin - I still have a sour taste in my mouth when he basically quit on us with 4 games left in the season to team up with his pathetic son. I felt like he is overrated to a certain extent.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
RoeKG wrote:

I remember when people were saying the same about Mike Jenkins in Dallas early in his career and turns out he's more of the most physical cbs.

Hasn't Jenkins been called out multiple times during prime time games because he wasn't tacking or even putting an effort to on some plays?

Michael Johnson 15 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 9 of 100

Jump to: