Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General News - Buc's Edition
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: General News - Buc's Edition Reply with quote

I figured I would start a general news thread and help try and limit the million of threads we get for every little topic. That way there's one place someone can go when they want their news.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucs restructure Jackson, Nicks contracts

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/43575/bucs-restructure-jackson-nicks-contracts

Quote:
The team restructured the contracts of wide receiver Vincent Jackson and guard Carl Nicks recently to free up about $18 million in 2013 cap space.

They now have $98 million committed toward a cap thatís expected to be slightly more than $120 million. But the Bucs can still increase their space. They can carry over remaining 2012 cap space to 2013

These are the type of moves that I love from Dom. He knows we won't be using the space for the rest of the year so take the hit this year and free up even more cap space for next year.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
Bucs restructure Jackson, Nicks contracts

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/43575/bucs-restructure-jackson-nicks-contracts

Quote:
The team restructured the contracts of wide receiver Vincent Jackson and guard Carl Nicks recently to free up about $18 million in 2013 cap space.

They now have $98 million committed toward a cap thatís expected to be slightly more than $120 million. But the Bucs can still increase their space. They can carry over remaining 2012 cap space to 2013

These are the type of moves that I love from Dom. He knows we won't be using the space for the rest of the year so take the hit this year and free up even more cap space for next year.
All this money is nice and all but if we have to pray Dom gets it right this time around this off-season. I can see Tampa go out and get 2 CB's for moderate prices. Then draft a rookie to play the nickel and eventually takeover as a #2.

We still need a SLB, DT, RT, #3 WR, FS, #2 back(Blount is gone), and possibly an upgrade at C, TE, and DE.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice idea for a thread, YB.

We are looking very cap healthy after these restructures. When we dump or restructure the Quincy Black and Eric Wright contracts we'll look even better. For me this signals that we'll be very active again in free agency. Freeman, McCoy and Mike Williams are the only guys that could realistically see a big extension this offseason, but I doubt that we extend all three this year.

FFMD should be fun too Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
Nice idea for a thread, YB.

We are looking very cap healthy after these restructures. When we dump or restructure the Quincy Black and Eric Wright contracts we'll look even better. For me this signals that we'll be very active again in free agency. Freeman, McCoy and Mike Williams are the only guys that could realistically see a big extension this offseason, but I doubt that we extend all three this year.

FFMD should be fun too Laughing

I agree and I hope we are very active again. Wouldn't mind a Avril/Jenkins off-season. I think the only players we would look at restructuring would be McCoy and possibly Mike. Freeman gets to be evaluated for another year before this happens.

Curious to see who steps up to be GM this year.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This move clearly means , well the way I see it, it's make or break for dominik. Most likely going to use the cap space to improve the secondary and either pass rush or te/3rd wr. Where we are selecting in the draft doesn't warrant a cb and I see that being addressed in round 2.

Don't be surprised of a vet qb is brought in like Matt Flynn or we use a draft pick.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea YB. Gives me a good place to put my articles without spamming the main board too....just wrote this piece on Dominik!

Quote:
Once again Mark Dominik is making moves to help the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for the future. It was just announced that he has restructured the deals of Vincent Jackson and Carl Nicks to shift money to hit on this yearís cap.

This will free up about $18 Million in cap space for the 2013 season, leaving the Buccaneers with $98 million of designated cap space on the books for next year. There is a good chance that even more money could be cleared if they choose to renegotiate Eric Wrightís deal, as his suspension voided out the commitment for $7.5 million next year.

While I think the Bucs will keep Wright on the roster with the problems theyíve had at corner, Dominik will most likely make it a more cap friendly contract. How Wright plays in this final game will be a big part into what the Buccaneers want to do with him.

Another player that could be restructured is Quincy Black. His contract is now not guaranteed, and while he was playing the best football of his career before the tragic neck injury, $6 million dollars a year for a two down linebacker is just too much.

When the offseason comes I think the first thing that gets done is the resigning of Michael Bennett. He is playing on a restricted free agent tender this year and the Buccaneers best pass rusher. While he disappears at times rushing the passer he is one of the best in the league at stopping the run. You just donít let pass rushers entering their prime hit the free agent market.

Two other players the Buccaneers could resign this year are Josh Freeman and Mike Williams. Freeman has come under a lot of scrutiny the past couple weeks, but Dominik could get him extended for less than elite money with performance escalators. Williams has well exceeded his rookie contract and getting him locked up should be a no brainer.

With all those moves and money set aside for the new rookie salaries, the Buccaneers could still once again be big players in free agency. Expect them to look hard for another cornerback, both Mike Jenkins and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie contracts are expiring and are two players the Buccaneers were rumored to like during that 2008 draft when they selected Aqib Talib with the twentieth pick that year.

Aside from cornerback the Buccaneers could use a tight end to really open the offense up. Dallas Clark has been alright, but was never known as a run blocker. Martellus Bennett would be a nice addition and the perk of playing with his brother could make him very attainable. If Bennett isnít the guy they look at Jermichael Finley and Jared Cook would be other great options.

Defensively they might look to add an established pass rusher and Cliff Avril would make a ton of sense here. He wants big money but has the production to back it up. Heís unlike any pass rusher the Buccaneers have, and signing him with a cornerback would leave the Bucs the option to draft the best player available when their pick comes up in April.

It looks like this might be a make or break year for Dominik to get the right players to make the playoffs in 2013. He is at least already taken action to be prepared for the coming offseason.

#TradeUpForTeddy
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid read BSH.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BSH,

I agree, very interesting. Things are going to begin to unfold soon as to how the FO is thinking.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bucs don't get much media attention, but NFL Films just released a video on Ronde Barber.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-presents/0ap2000000118048/NFL-Films-Presents-The-old-man-in-Tampa-Bay

I'm really going to miss him when he decides to retire and I hope that he seriously considers coaching the secondary once he can't play anymore. Such a class act.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys!

and DRD man that gives me chills. We are very fortunate to have a guy like that. He's what keeps me loving this game. i hope he comes back next year

#TradeUpForTeddy
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
The Bucs don't get much media attention, but NFL Films just released a video on Ronde Barber.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-presents/0ap2000000118048/NFL-Films-Presents-The-old-man-in-Tampa-Bay

I'm really going to miss him when he decides to retire and I hope that he seriously considers coaching the secondary once he can't play anymore. Such a class act.

Damn great vid!

Ronde is all class. I will be shocked if he doesn't come back for another season. He is still playing at a high level. Depends what we do in fa and during the draft. Maybe he doesn't "start" but rather fill in everywhere in the secondary. Maybe even a full time slot guy.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:

Ronde Barber is a rare breed. He's got to be my favorite player ever to play for Tampa Bay. I grew up watching him and continue to watch him today and he still plays like an all-pro after all this time. I want him to come back next year just so that he can come back and try and help this team make it to the playoffs. He deserves to go out on a high note. As far as his career as a player though, he has nothing more to prove. I believe he's destined for the hall of fame.

If he does decide to retire, I'd love it if he came back as a DB coach for us.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt-a-Buc - Johnthan Banks 40 Tackles 2INT 5PD
ravishingone

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team Glazer already setting the tone for 2013, it is great to see. Buy two quality CBs in free agency and I will be very happy.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
Team Glazer already setting the tone for 2013, it is great to see. Buy two quality CBs in free agency and I will be very happy.

yup! Get a top guy, resign or cut Wright...if we cut him replace with another vet. Then draft one in first two rounds. I'd feel good with Gaitor and Johnson as nickle/dime and replacements....

#TradeUpForTeddy

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 1 of 100

Jump to: