Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Todd Haley not interested in Cards & Wallace staying?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JDLefebvre


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 24556
Location: Midway PA /Clovis NM
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save it for the offseason LTF
_________________
Stay low boys.... keep those feet moving!


thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LTF


Joined: 04 Aug 2010
Posts: 775
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the offseason.....for the Steelers, anyways. Embarassed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
niro884


Joined: 31 Mar 2009
Posts: 42
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it was a question so much of Haley's play calling. I actually thought he did pretty well in his first year in the offence. They (players) did not execute well. Too many turn overs and "bone head" plays from the stars of the offence. Nobody stepped up and took the job at running back and again too many injuries on the O Line and never established any consistency as a unit. Frustrating year to say the least. Haley was far from their biggest problem. If anything Tomlin made questionable calls this year where he came out on the losing end more often then not. Nothing you get rid of either guy for at this point. No need to panic, the Steelers will be back. Remember, we have been spoiled for a long time and this was a shock. some changes will be made, but don't expect alot.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FourThreeMafia


Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Posts: 49336
Location: East of Sixburgh
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LTF wrote:
There's one thing you can't deny about Todd Haley, regardless of where you stand on him:

1. The offense he runs in Pittsburgh doesn't play to the strengths of his two best players on offense.

There's no arguing that point. And that's something that was just as upsetting to me in August as it is now.


Why....because it asks for Mike Wallace to run more than 2 different routes?

Or does Haley get blamed for injuries to key players and players not executing properly.

LTF wrote:
And if the offense performs next year as it did this year he most certainly will be fired....or should be at the very least. He was brought here to help protect Ben, improve scoring, improve execution, and both commit more to the running game and improve the running game as well. As far as this year goes? He failed in all of those areas. Every single one.


Protect Ben? Actually, he did do that. Just because Ben got a freak injury on one play doesnt change that.

Improve scoring? Oh...you mean the 312 we scored this year compared to the 325 we scored last year? Oh yeah....big difference there, especially considering the injuries to Ben, Mendy, Brown, Sanders and the entire Oline.

Improve execution? LMAO...yes, Haley should go out and catch easy catches our WRs dropped and run block. Thats really a first year OCs fault, right?

Your argument is so narrow minded and full of flawed logic that you just sound like a blind hater.

If you dont like Haley...thats fine.

If you want him gone...I respect that.

The reasoning you listed is pretty awful though.
_________________
SCPackersFan wrote:
I hold nothing against blue-collar people and I respect/admire them for doing what they do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gatoradus


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 2216
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally am not hating Haley for what I expected (admittly I expected more, like a lot more) Haley is playing with much different personnels that he had compared to other two major teams (Chiefs and Cardinals) so I'm not going to bite... yet. I expect some improvement next season because frankly, there is a lot of room to improve on this offense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LTF


Joined: 04 Aug 2010
Posts: 775
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
LTF wrote:
There's one thing you can't deny about Todd Haley, regardless of where you stand on him:

1. The offense he runs in Pittsburgh doesn't play to the strengths of his two best players on offense.

There's no arguing that point. And that's something that was just as upsetting to me in August as it is now.


Why....because it asks for Mike Wallace to run more than 2 different routes?

Or does Haley get blamed for injuries to key players and players not executing properly.

LTF wrote:
And if the offense performs next year as it did this year he most certainly will be fired....or should be at the very least. He was brought here to help protect Ben, improve scoring, improve execution, and both commit more to the running game and improve the running game as well. As far as this year goes? He failed in all of those areas. Every single one.


Protect Ben? Actually, he did do that. Just because Ben got a freak injury on one play doesnt change that.

Improve scoring? Oh...you mean the 312 we scored this year compared to the 325 we scored last year? Oh yeah....big difference there, especially considering the injuries to Ben, Mendy, Brown, Sanders and the entire Oline.

Improve execution? LMAO...yes, Haley should go out and catch easy catches our WRs dropped and run block. Thats really a first year OCs fault, right?

Your argument is so narrow minded and full of flawed logic that you just sound like a blind hater.

If you dont like Haley...thats fine.

If you want him gone...I respect that.

The reasoning you listed is pretty awful though.


If you don't think failed execution was a major reason why Arians wasn't OC this year, I don't know what to tell you. You do remember all those fumbles on the opponents side of the field last year? The penalties when we were driving? The constant failures in short yardage and red zone situations? The sacks that took us out of field goal range? That was the main reason he was fired.

And coaches do get held responsible for their units execution, and rightly so. If they were simply play callers they'd be called play callers, not coaches. If their players don't execute at the level they're supposed to for long enough people lose jobs, whether it's entirely fair or not.

You can call my thinking flawed logic if you want, but you didn't really address how Haley's offense doesn't play to Ben's strengths as a player, how a short West Coast passing attack isn't designed for weak, finesse receivers, and how forcing the run on first down (18 of the 23 first down plays last week in the biggest game of the season were runs) behind the worst group of RBs in Pittsburgh since 2003 when you've got Ben Roethlisberger, Mike Wallace, and Antonio Brown takes away soooo damn much from this offense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1BackInBlackFan


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 6970
Location: Nanu-nanu, PA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll see if Haley was serious about staying in Pittsburgh and not being interested in the Arizona HC job since the Cards just fired Whiz.
_________________


Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the reigning MVP's sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group