Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

You heard it here first.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NY_Jets87

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: You heard it here first. Reply with quote

I have no source what so ever but I believe the Jets will trade Tim Tebow to the Jaguars for Blaine Gabbert. Gene Smith (Jaguars GM) was fired today. Big and only Gabbert supporter. We need a back up Qb and a young guy. We could potentially land a vet and then groom this kid. It was obvious that he was not ready. I know some of you will hate the move because he has sucked but honestly the Jags are and have been garbage. Anyway just a thought.

Mack on the Sig
ukjets21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I suppose it gets rid of Tebow but I'm not a Gabbert fan.

Adopt a Jet: Sheldon Richardson

Tackles - 77
Sacks - 3.5
Forced Fumbles - 1
4 Carries - 4 Yards - 2 TDs
NY_Jets87

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukjets21 wrote:

I am not really either but he will have a rookie contract for 3 more seasons. If they do get Rivers it gives us 2 years of Phil and then we can see what Blaine has. Plus in 3 years Johnny Football comes out. Not saying it will work out that way or that we would suck in 3 years but the franchise QB is not in this draft.

Mack on the Sig
JETSsuperbowl43

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NY_Jets87 wrote:
ukjets21 wrote:

I am not really either but he will have a rookie contract for 3 more seasons. If they do get Rivers it gives us 2 years of Phil and then we can see what Blaine has. Plus in 3 years Johnny Football comes out. Not saying it will work out that way or that we would suck in 3 years but the franchise QB is not in this draft.

Johnny Football can come out next year, he redshirted.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JETSsuperbowl43 wrote:
NY_Jets87 wrote:
ukjets21 wrote:

Johnny Football can come out next year, he redshirted.

Can does not mean will and he still has 2 seasons.

Mack on the Sig
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaine Gabbert? :-&

I hope not. Would much rather take a 6th-7th then Gabbert. He's worse then Sanchez which is nearly impossible.

That would be a great call if it actually happens but I'm rooting against you on this one.

Props to Mack on the sig
ukjets21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NY_Jets87 wrote:
ukjets21 wrote:

I'm not going to put my faith in tanking in 2 years time and taking Johhny Manziel. If we got Rivers that would be us for 6 years with Blaine being backup and if he does well possibly getting traded. If we don't and this Gabbert deal went through we'd have to sign Alex Smith or Matt Moore, we couldn't have Gabbert, McElroy and a rookie.

Adopt a Jet: Sheldon Richardson

Tackles - 77
Sacks - 3.5
Forced Fumbles - 1
4 Carries - 4 Yards - 2 TDs
NY_Jets87

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukjets21 wrote:
NY_Jets87 wrote:
ukjets21 wrote:

I'm not going to put my faith in tanking in 2 years time and taking Johhny Manziel. If we got Rivers that would be us for 6 years with Blaine being backup and if he does well possibly getting traded. If we don't and this Gabbert deal went through we'd have to sign Alex Smith or Matt Moore, we couldn't have Gabbert, McElroy and a rookie.

Pretty sure I said he would be a back up we could groom as he obviously wasn't ready. And I wasn't betting on tanking it. I was merely pointing out that if he sucked there should be options in the draft.

Mack on the Sig
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure.. Jets can entertain us for who is the most _______ quarterback.
MileHighNuck

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even the most irrational Tebow hater will admit he's better than Gabbert. Makes Sanchez look like Namath.
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This trade is much more even if the Jags take Sanchez' contract off our hands as well...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade makes sense on so many levels. Must consider real implications and scenario. Gabbert & Tebow share the same Representation- so in a mutually beneficial scenario it could happen.
famousj

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Matt Flynn Reply with quote

I see the Jets cutting Tebow loose and letting Tebow chose which team he wants to play on. I rather see the Jets pull off a trade of Mark Sancheez for Matt Flynn. A year ago, I was a big supporter of Mark Sanchez. After year 4, Mark Sanchez just don't get it. Time to clean house.

Props to Sandwich for Sig

Idzik: SPEND BABY SPEND!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: