Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

"Rex Ryan reportedly would welcome firing by Jets"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Imarobot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DHarvey wrote:
Rex is an embarrassment. Calling out the owner is just more of the same BS from this clown. Show him the door Woody..believe me, we can do better than this stubborn, vain, vascillating blowhard.

Lol Woody Johnson is a bigger stain on this team than Rex Ryan.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just unfollowed him on twitter, so hopefully that will teach him a lesson! Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manish Mehta should be euthanized.

And if Mike Pettine has been feeding the Daily News with fodder this season, so should he. My understanding from what I've read is that Pettine had been given defensive playcalling duties last season, but obviously from watching the games this year, Rex is currently making the calls. So it's quite possible that this is disgruntled employee situation, as if Jet's Nation needed any more drama.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is such a disaster I don't even know where to start or what to believe...

All I can say is, garbage like this can't go on...from the media or the team. Leon Hess is probably rolling in his grave right now.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harris Smith wrote:
Manish Mehta should be euthanized.

And if Mike Pettine has been feeding the Daily News with fodder this season, so should he. My understanding from what I've read is that Pettine had been given defensive playcalling duties last season, but obviously from watching the games this year, Rex is currently making the calls. So it's quite possible that this is disgruntled employee situation, as if Jet's Nation needed any more drama.

Pettine and Ryan are buddies. Someone tried to break it up. Ignore all bs about Pettine stabbing behind Ryan's back.
teamorange

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Dude is getting fired. How many times do we say "taken out of context" when referring to something Rex says? Like that he called out Woody, but you dont say you'd be open to being fired. I cant wait till this mess is over. Rebuild.

He didn't say he was opened to being fired. He said (and I am paraphrasing) if we don't make changes you might as well fire me. He said that off the record in a personal conversation and never expected to be quoted.

This is assuming he even said it all which he vehemently denies. And it wouldn't surprise me that this was completely fabricated or the unnamed source exaggerated what was said. We have to remember that the daily news is a tabloid news paper.

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

Colt45fool

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lot of leaks in the Jets organization...Rex needs to watch who he's talking to. Or just clean house. Can't have a bunch of guys on your squad who you can't trust...and they run behind your back blabbing to manish mehta

Also I think it says ENOUGH about the validity and ethics of this article that Mehta wasn't present at the press conference today

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
There's a lot of leaks in the Jets organization...Rex needs to watch who he's talking to. Or just clean house. Can't have a bunch of guys on your squad who you can't trust...and they run behind your back blabbing to manish mehta

Also I think it says ENOUGH about the validity and ethics of this article that Mehta wasn't present at the press conference today

If Pettine "leaked" this ... which I would consider him choosing to lie to the media in a way he knew would be negative to the Jets ... he better be cut loose...

I wish there was a requirement for sources in these things to be named ... because largely the NY Media probably makes up most of this crap. And the rest of it if your gonna say something dont say it behind someones back say it so you are answerable to what you say. Own your words.
bzane

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now it says on ESPN (sorry, cannot paste link, but their website) that Rex burst into tears at a team meeting to reassure his players he still loved them. Perhaps he can erase any doubts about his commitment by promising them even less discipline than ever, next year..... if that's possible. Whether he rolled on the floor and held his breath until he turned blue was not revealed.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God we are a mess

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:

If Pettine "leaked" this ... which I would consider him choosing to lie to the media in a way he knew would be negative to the Jets ... he better be cut loose...

I wish there was a requirement for sources in these things to be named ... because largely the NY Media probably makes up most of this crap. And the rest of it if your gonna say something dont say it behind someones back say it so you are answerable to what you say. Own your words.

Ryan may talk with Pettine in front of someone who actually leaked this bs. I can ensure you it was not Pettine. Ryan and Pettine have been in the relationship for 3 generations.
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its all NY media BS. I would ban reports from the facilities when they do crap like this. Not putting Rex's comment, not showing up, its pathetic.
ukjets21

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo1904 wrote:
Its all NY media BS. I would ban reports from the facilities when they do crap like this. Not putting Rex's comment, not showing up, its pathetic.

I agree, Mehta should be banned from the facility and completely blanked by the organisation.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukjets21 wrote:
jimbo1904 wrote:

I agree, Mehta should be banned from the facility and completely blanked by the organisation.

You can't really do that. Imagine the public outcry if the Jets started to ban reporters? They wouldn't need to be in the locker
room to create controversy.

Just move his spot in the press room to the back on the wall, restrict his lockroom access, and tell your players and coaches to blackball him.

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

ukjets21

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would their really be an outcry? If it isn't from a legitimate source and he's found to be making stuff up then he should be, then not to run Rex's comments or even turn up, lack of journalistic integrity so why should the Jets show him any courtesy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: