Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

"Rex Ryan reportedly would welcome firing by Jets"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harris Smith

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all deserve a round of Guinness, at least..

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the good news is that we will find out the next step probably on monday. Sparano is def gone... will rex be too?

I can honestly say that whether or not he stays i could care less.

One last thing...

Coples, Wilkerson, Cromartie, Revis, Harris, Davis, pouha.... those are 7 guys that i can honestly say any coach could make a top 10 defense out of it. I know that Rex deserves a lot of credit for his scheme but i truly believe that anyone can make this defense top 10.
green24

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:
Well the good news is that we will find out the next step probably on monday. Sparano is def gone... will rex be too?

One last thing...

Coples, Wilkerson, Cromartie, Revis, Harris, Davis, pouha.... those are 7 guys that i can honestly say any coach could make a top 10 defense out of it. I know that Rex deserves a lot of credit for his scheme but i truly believe that anyone can make this defense top 10.

Pouha isn't good at this point. I agree with the rest, but to be fair, Rex helped develop these players into what they are now.
Heavinsent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harris Smith wrote:

We also deserve a functional team with an owner that cares about winning.

Props to Jamison for the sig.
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:

One last thing...

Really?? Pouha has not been the same player this season, that back injury is really effecting him. Our LBs currently are trash. Harris had a lot of terrible games this past season where he couldn't tackle. Davis needs to develop more.

Noway our pass defense would have been as good without Rex. No Revis, no pass rush, yet has one of the better pass defenses in the league.

The players you mentioned aren't really that great where any coach could make a good defense out of, good scheming is why they are good. Cromartie was bad in SD, he comes here and becomes a different player. Pouha never showed much until Rex came.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
RDawg10

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.Revis24 wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:

One last thing...

Really?? Pouha has not been the same player this season, that back injury is really effecting him. Our LBs currently are trash. Harris had a lot of terrible games this past season where he couldn't tackle. Davis needs to develop more.

Noway our pass defense would have been as good without Rex. No Revis, no pass rush, yet has one of the better pass defenses in the league.

The players you mentioned aren't really that great where any coach could make a good defense out of, good scheming is why they are good. Cromartie was bad in SD, he comes here and becomes a different player. Pouha never showed much until Rex came.

First yeah Rex deserves credit for drafting Wilk and Coples and developing the two. Dont get me wrong, Rex is a great defensive coach. Im just saying is it worth keeping him around with the way this team shows up sometimes? i mean whose not to say that a new coach couldnt come in and keep this a top ten defense? i mean davis hasnt proved anything yet i know and pouha hasnt been healthy. Pouha is ideally a rotational tackle but he when healthy displays great ability stopping the run. Cromartie has gotten better since san diego because hes played more man coverage in a blitz oriented defense. Coples and Wilk are special players. Revis and Cro are special as well. Harris deserves a lot of credit. Hes a great player for us even though statistically he doesnt necessarily show it.

I mean who knows honestly im just saying we shouldnt keep rex because we are worried about losing a good defensive mind. We need a team with some order, not a team as inconsistent and mistake oriented as this team is.
KBS756

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:
D.Revis24 wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:

One last thing...

First yeah Rex deserves credit for drafting Wilk and Coples and developing the two. Dont get me wrong, Rex is a great defensive coach. Im just saying is it worth keeping him around with the way this team shows up sometimes? i mean whose not to say that a new coach couldnt come in and keep this a top ten defense? i mean davis hasnt proved anything yet i know and pouha hasnt been healthy. Pouha is ideally a rotational tackle but he when healthy displays great ability stopping the run. Cromartie has gotten better since san diego because hes played more man coverage in a blitz oriented defense. Coples and Wilk are special players. Revis and Cro are special as well. Harris deserves a lot of credit. Hes a great player for us even though statistically he doesnt necessarily show it.

I mean who knows honestly im just saying we shouldnt keep rex because we are worried about losing a good defensive mind. We need a team with some order, not a team as inconsistent and mistake oriented as this team is.

I'd keep Rex because honestly given the situation we had this season with the injuries and an offense devoid of talent that played so poorly with Sanchez at the helm. I dont think many coaches would still have a good lot of his team supporting him.

The fact he's great with defensive talent evaluation in addition to defensive game planning and game calling is a positive additional to that.

Sure its some of Rex's fault as a Head Coach that our offense isnt there but he isnt an offensive head coach and last I checked the GM is a position above Head Coach and is responsible for those decisions so while it is some of Rex's fault I still hold our GM more responsible.

Rex may not be one of the best game managers but that comes with almost all first time head coaches as it takes them some time to learn that part of the job. But Rex is a great motivator and he is definitely loyal and I think it shows by the players support of him. He's made some mistakes but honestly unless we were bringing in Bill Cowher I don't trust anyone else thats out there to be better than Rex its a crapshoot with never before head coaches and everyone knows it.

I dont think anyone can name 3 coaches who will be available, that will be better than Rex has been. You have to note he did take this team to 2 AFC Championship games and he has held them together through rough times.

Other than Cowher I cant think of a proven name in the NFL I'd trust over Rex.

Now just to get the offense looking at least like an NFL offense. Bring on Norv Turner!
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harris Smith wrote:

Haven't we suffered enough!?
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mangini had a lot of nice defensive pieces and never put together a top 10 defense. We were at best middle of the pack with him...

Let's not start talking garbage here...Rex gets the most out of the defense year in and year out. Do we have talent there? Sure...but Rex not only pushed for that talent to be drafted, he's developed it & gotten the most out of the players. There's no guarantee that any of our guys, save for maybe Revis, plays at a high level without Rex's scheme.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just think Rex needs some help

A competent GM and a legit OC who's basically the co-coach

Man if we could get a Rex Ryan/Jon Gruden combo flowing that's be nice, never gonna happen but I'd be nice

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one thing i truely hate about Rex is his mouth. When he came here it was a breath of fresh air... change the culture get our swagger back. We did that, now its been nothing but empty promises and BS. We know he didnt want Tebow, we know he's had a GM that cant judge talent, but lets be honest, he has never once complained about the "lack of talent"(unless you believe this new report)... But publically he's always taken the blame- which i like.
He's built us a great defense and players always play hard fo rhim. With injuries and lack of talent i think he did a good job of managing this seaons.
I would also enjoy it if our offense didnt turn the ball over 25 times a season. Our defense would be sooooo much better if they didnt have to be on the field 1000 snaps a game.
Now, if he could shut up and stop saying everything on his mind, I'd be a lot happier.
ukjets21

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
Mangini had a lot of nice defensive pieces and never put together a top 10 defense. We were at best middle of the pack with him...

Let's not start talking garbage here...Rex gets the most out of the defense year in and year out. Do we have talent there? Sure...but Rex not only pushed for that talent to be drafted, he's developed it & gotten the most out of the players. There's no guarantee that any of our guys, save for maybe Revis, plays at a high level without Rex's scheme.

And it was Rex that got the best out of Revis. Rex has gotten us Wilkerson, Coples and Harris got to his best under Rex. Rex isn't a bad HC, he hasn't lost the team despite all this circus and that says a lot. He's also a brilliant defensive coach, it's just a shame about the offence.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:

And it was Rex that got the best out of Revis. Rex has gotten us Wilkerson, Coples and Harris got to his best under Rex. Rex isn't a bad HC, he hasn't lost the team despite all this circus and that says a lot. He's also a brilliant defensive coach, it's just a shame about the offence.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said before, I like Rex as a HC. I think under the right GM & with the right OC, we can get back to being a good team.
MoLewis57

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing i hate about rex is that we all say tremendous all the time and ask questions that we then anwser in the next sentence.

Other than that i love him as our coach

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: