Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

"Rex Ryan reportedly would welcome firing by Jets"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KBS756

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be all for banning Reporters who repot crap with no crdible source ...which most of I believe they make up and assume noone will catch their BS.
jetskid007

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with New York media is that they constantly look for something that isn't there. This isn't Mehta's first report that he's blown out of proportion, and this is the stuff that makes me go marbles. It's fine if you want to make a column about your opinions/observations, but why these writers are aloud to make stories without citing ANYONE is beyond me.
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a report going around that Pettine had a specific monitored phone in the Jets organization to stop leaks from him...

If this is true, why wasn't he fired last year?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm officially believing all reports to be false till I have conclusive proof to find them to be credible at this point. I feel like the NY Media is at the level of Tabloids for everything else therefore no credibility.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its like the media has a personal vendetta against this entire organization. Even though Bart can be an idiot sometimes and his mouth speaks louder than his play on the field, I give him credit for having the balls to tell the media to $%# off and that he refuses to speak to them. Giants just won 2 super bowls in 5 years d'oh! go bother them for a while. Wheres there criticism? There not even going to make the playoffs this year, write a story about that.

I want all distractions gone. Tebow (although its not his fault), Sanchez, who just sucks and yet thinks hes still going to be great, Bart Scott, although if he makes a vet minimum and doesn't start or talk he can come back as depth, Holmes, who though very talented is just a Pr*ck, that fumble against SF was the last straw for me, and Mike Pettine who although not is 100% certain, seems to be the culprit for many of these problems.

After thinking it over, I absolutely want Rex to stay. THe past two years have sucked and hes done a miserable job over the course of that time, but I truly believe he wants to be here, he wants to win and he wants to get better. Im willing to give him more time. No more guarantees, no more bulls-eyes on our backs. Just get this man an OC not named Cam Cameron or Tony Sparano and were good to go. I still think that regardless of the offseason and draft that were not going to contend again next year, but if theres improvements and Rex has this team in most of the games despite the outcome I'll accept that as progress. No more blow outs, have this team motivated and ready to play and by 2014 we'll be back in the playoffs.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
DHarvey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did it ever occur to you Manish Bashers that maybe his story is spot on correct and accurate? I've found Mehta's journalism to generally be accurate and 'non fawning' as in 'non Brown noseing'.. so why would he risk becoming a persona non grata by generating a false story?

And of course no one can dare question the voracity and integrity of the Mighty Rex who is known to always tell the truth and nothing but the truth..heh heh...
ukjets21

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a very one sided article. And why do you seemingly hate your own team so much?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukjets21

Oh I don't hate my team..having been a fan since the Titans nearly a half century ago, I take a back seat to no one in my Jets fan bona fides.

But I also don't accept BS, nor rose colored glasses and it seems to me at times folks don't want to accept the fact that the Jets 'establishment' has let us down big time.. and I'll call them as I see them.

Now go and slurp down a Guiness for all of us. (Assuming you are in the UK of course).

Last edited by DHarvey on Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
sandwhich

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could go for a Guinness

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want him back.

Great defense mind, but not a very good HC. Team is always undisciplined and the locker room has been a mess for a while.

"I am the storm, my lord. The first storm, and the last."
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact he didnt show to the press conference, the fact he didnt print that Rex 100% denied it makes most people with any commen sense think its BS.

I think the Jets PR department needs to make an example of this idiot. If its an un-named source how can you take it serious. I never do. It could be 100% made up, and hide behind your confidentiality crap.
He should be locked out of the locker room, press box, WHATEVER for a year. Slap him on the wrist and make an example of him. Maybe it will change the NY media on making sh$t out of nothing for headlines.
KBS756

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo1904 wrote:
The fact he didnt show to the press conference, the fact he didnt print that Rex 100% denied it makes most people with any commen sense think its BS.

I think the Jets PR department needs to make an example of this idiot. If its an un-named source how can you take it serious. I never do. It could be 100% made up, and hide behind your confidentiality crap.
He should be locked out of the locker room, press box, WHATEVER for a year. Slap him on the wrist and make an example of him. Maybe it will change the NY media on making sh$t out of nothing for headlines.

Considering he sort of is a NY Jets Beat writer locking him out of things would be more then a slap on the wrist and I 100% believe he deserves it. In all honestly no one should be able to write anything about anyone with "unnamed" sources because more likely than not will spout bull or exaggerate the situation.

This isn't Mehta's first time writing an article he's been called out for is it? I feel like someone on our team has called him out for making up stories in the past.
KBS756

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo1904 wrote:

Considering he sort of is a NY Jets Beat writer locking him out of things would be more then a slap on the wrist and I 100% believe he deserves it. In all honestly no one should be able to write anything about anyone with "unnamed" sources because more likely than not will spout bull or exaggerate the situation.

This isn't Mehta's first time writing an article he's been called out for is it? I feel like someone on our team has called him out for making up stories in the past.
ukjets21

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DHarvey wrote:
ukjets21

Oh I don't hate my team..having been a fan since the Titans nearly a half century ago, I take a back seat to no one in my Jets fan bona fides.

But I also don't accept BS, nor rose colored glasses and it seems to me at times folks don't want to accept the fact that the Jets 'establishment' has let us down big time.. and I'll call them as I see them.

Now go and slurp down a Guiness for all of us. (Assuming you are in the UK of course).

I think you seem far too pessimistic, as do too many on here. We aren't the Bills, Lions or Browns so why do we act like it?

We've been to 2 AFC Championship Games in 4 years of Rex, that's very good. He's a decent head coach, and he's been improving in regards to game management which was his big problem. How has the establishment let us down? By having a losing season? Happens to everyone not run by Belichick.

I am in the UK, but it's 2 o'clock and I'm not going out for guiness, also that's more of an Irish drink but whatever. I'll have a bitter instead.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukjets21 wrote:
DHarvey wrote:
ukjets21

I think you seem far too pessimistic, as do too many on here. We aren't the Bills, Lions or Browns so why do we act like it?

We've been to 2 AFC Championship Games in 4 years of Rex, that's very good. He's a decent head coach, and he's been improving in regards to game management which was his big problem. How has the establishment let us down? By having a losing season? Happens to everyone not run by Belichick.

I am in the UK, but it's 2 o'clock and I'm not going out for guiness, also that's more of an Irish drink but whatever. I'll have a bitter instead.

Hey! That's pretty cool.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: