Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Will Cedric Benson be re-signed?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
HaywardFan wrote:
I would prefer we do not resign him. But if his foot does heal and he signs a similar deal, I would trust the teams decision. But between him and Grant, I would prefer Grant.
Agreed.

Benson was never meant to be a long term Packer, lets not even kid ourselves. Its unlikely we see either back ever again if we stay relatively healthy at the position.

And Grant is? I like Grant but I think Benson is the better back. Before he hurt is foot Benson's average per carry was 3.5 compared to his career 3.8 average. If his foot heals I think we'll invite him back for the vet minimum again. I too think we'll draft a RB this April. I like Green and Harris but these kids are not every down backs IMO and Starks is always hurt.
My point is that neither back will be getting a new contract no matter who you like. I for one think expecting Benson back for the minimum is naive
Beast

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
My point is that neither back will be getting a new contract no matter who you like. I for one think expecting Benson back for the minimum is naive

I don't know if the Packers will ask him back or not... but he signed minimum last year and didn't prove all that much this year so i wouldn't be surprised if he signed for minimum again... weather it be with the Packers or else where.

I think the Packers should try to keep a lot of RBs in training camp last year... they're a group that has proven struggles to stay healthy at times... and lets camp thin them out.
British

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we certainly have the numbers.

As well as Harris, Green, Starks, Grant and Benson we also have Saine and Johnny White under contract and on IR. When you think there are probably 3 spots there should plenty of competition, the majority of it pretty young.
pollino14

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im gonna say no.

I m starting to like Green a lot more, Harris looks like a player and I think we take a RB in the first 4 rounds.

Green/Harris and a DP.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we resign a RB this year I surely hope it's Grant. I don't think we bring either of them back though.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: