Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

your head coaching choice
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My choices in no particular order...

Mike Zimmer
Rex Ryan - I feel like he would be a great coach in a smaller market.
Gus Bradley
Bruce Arians
Mike Nolan
Hue Jackson
Ray Horton
Chip Kelly
Damian Stafford
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go with a few I'd like and a few I'd hate

I'd like"

Andy Reid - Reid reminds me of Jeff Fisher. He's been in Philly too long and his act has grown stale. Here he'd have less scrutiny and probably bringus back to prominece.

Bruce Arians - He had a big hand in moving Pittsburgh from a smash mouth offense to a ariel one utilizing Big Ben. In Indy he's done wonders with Luck and leading a team who had the #1 pick a year prior to the playoffs, all while their real HC was dealing with a life threatening illness. Sounds like the tye of guy who can limit distractons and keep a team focused.

Mike Holmgrem - similar to Reid

I'd hate

Jon Gruden - everyone remembers the Super Bowl he won with Tony Dungy's players. Everyone forgets the mess he left Tampa in. Carrying like 6 QB's on the 53 man roster, swapping them as random. He was hried to fix that offense, never did, and once the defense finally got old, it was clear Gruden wasn't contributing much.

Chip Kelly - I think my view on this is well documented.

**RIP Steve McNair**
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment Sean Payton is my number 1 hope and dream haha.

After that more reasonable hopes

Number 1 legitimate hope is

Gus Bradley- Seattle's defense is legit. A 4-3 defense that is aggressive gets pressure stops the run not much more you could want.

Mike Zimmer- Cincinnati another 4-3 defense that is doing it right. He deserves a chance at HC he seems to be a great coach wouldn't mind him at all.

Rod Chudzinski- Look at Cam Newton his rookie year and that offense... Look at the Panthers in recent weeks... LOOK AT DEREK ANDERSON IN 2007... The last thing is enough said. Not my top choice after Carolina's struggles throughout the year to me due to the inability to call run plays but he has seemed to correct this recently.

Andy Reid- Look at Philly before him look at Philly prior to the previous 2 years.

Vic Fangio- I know we aren't a 3-4 team but new regime new players we could become one.. San Frans defense is disgusting under this guy. Love for him to come on over and bring over Ed Donatell as well to coordinate the defense.

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
TT4Life7

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every HC candidate has their question marks.

Gus Bradley is getting all the credit for Seattle's defense, but Pete Carroll is the real defensive guru there.

Gruden's last fews year in Tampa where he pretty much ran that team into the ground.

Chudzinski's pure lack of running game scares the crap out of me. He has two probowl runningbacks (both of which have signed long term deals) and can not what so ever get a competent running game going. When your quarterback leads your team in rushing you have a problem.

Bruce Arians as interim HC has been admirable, but the Colts have only won 2 games against teams with winning records. Its hard to fault him for it, but it is something to consider.

Chip Kelly's lack of NFL experience.

McDaniels' tenure in Denver was atrocious and I can not for the life of me understand why teams would be interested in his services so quickly.

There's only two that I would really be interested in and its Andy Reid and Mike Zimmer. Reid may need to pull a Fisher and take a year, but Reids tenure in Philly was just getting stagnant and he needs a fresh start. Zimmer on the other hand has consistently had a top defense year in and year out, but for some reason hasn't been given an HC position. I've only ever heard great things about him so he'd be my top guy.

Kelly would intrigue me, but it probably wouldn't work out.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking at different internet sites today and it appears there is a steady drumbeat for Munch's head. I will wait until Monday or late January (if Bud wakes up then and decides he wants to make a change at HC and offers Fivehead the job) Shocked Laughing . The problem with the Titans is at the top of the organization. Bud Adams. Until Bud relinquishes his position(whether in death or stepping down), there will be no real change in Nashville. Happy New Year one and all!

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
I am looking at different internet sites today and it appears there is a steady drumbeat for Munch's head. I will wait until Monday or late January (if Bud wakes up then and decides he wants to make a change at HC and offers Fivehead the job) Shocked Laughing . The problem with the Titans is at the top of the organization. Bud Adams. Until Bud relinquishes his position(whether in death or stepping down), there will be no real change in Nashville. Happy New Year one and all!

I am in no way a defender of Adams and some of his choices. Especially keeping the Longhorn around for so long.

Outside of that, how has he been the downfall of the franchise?

He let Fisher have reign for over a decade.
He tried to get the best QB to hit FA ever, which now doesn't seem like the worst idea...lol
justing101

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Titans placed MLB Colin McCarthy on injured reserve with a concussion, ending his season.
FB Collin Mooney has been promoted from the practice squad in a corresponding roster move. Plagued by a concussion since Week 12 and a high-ankle sprain before that, McCarthy will finish 2012 with just seven appearances and 388 snaps to his name. When he was on the field, he was one of the worst middle linebackers in the league, failing to hold his own against the run. McCarthy was much better during his rookie campaign in 2011, however, and should have the inside track on the Titans' middle linebacker job heading into 2013."

From Rotoworld... he isn't the best but the worst? lol wow not even close

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
"Titans placed MLB Colin McCarthy on injured reserve with a concussion, ending his season.
FB Collin Mooney has been promoted from the practice squad in a corresponding roster move. Plagued by a concussion since Week 12 and a high-ankle sprain before that, McCarthy will finish 2012 with just seven appearances and 388 snaps to his name. When he was on the field, he was one of the worst middle linebackers in the league, failing to hold his own against the run. McCarthy was much better during his rookie campaign in 2011, however, and should have the inside track on the Titans' middle linebacker job heading into 2013."

Definitely not the worst, but he wasn't that great either. He's usually either great or terrible on a play-by-play basis. He's out of position a lot. But his fire is infectious, and something this team needs badly.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
lamont wrote:

I am in no way a defender of Adams and some of his choices. Especially keeping the Longhorn around for so long.

He tried to get the best QB to hit FA ever, which now doesn't seem like the worst idea...lol

It was still a god awful move by Bud. It interrupted us trying to get other FAs to try and help the team. It was taking a gigantic risk on a guy who hadn't played or practiced in a year. Would have likely ate up all of our cap space. Etc, etc.
lovetitans

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:

thats an interesting statment by them. but to be compleatly honest i wouldnt mind if we drafted Teo from ND and went into traning camp with open competition for the MLB spot.

back to the original topic,

ive already stated who i would like to see at head coach. now i would like to throw out some options for cordinators, on offense i would love to see Ken Wisenhunt or Norv Turner. on defense its a little harder because i dont realy see many big names that will be avalible. anyone have any names to throw out here.
MdTitansFan56

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovetitans wrote:
justing101 wrote:

thats an interesting statment by them. but to be compleatly honest i wouldnt mind if we drafted Teo from ND and went into traning camp with open competition for the MLB spot.

back to the original topic,

ive already stated who i would like to see at head coach. now i would like to throw out some options for cordinators, on offense i would love to see Ken Wisenhunt or Norv Turner. on defense its a little harder because i dont realy see many big names that will be avalible. anyone have any names to throw out here.

Ron Rivera possibly could be canned as well as Rex Ryan. Ed Donatell could be a great defensive coordinator he is the secondary coach in San Fran.

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
lamont wrote:

It was still a god awful move by Bud. It interrupted us trying to get other FAs to try and help the team. It was taking a gigantic risk on a guy who hadn't played or practiced in a year. Would have likely ate up all of our cap space. Etc, etc.

What exactly have we done with ALL that cap space anyway. Would Manning had the same effect? maybe not. We'd at least be a playoff team i think...

But anyway.. I didn't think and still don't think the Manning chase did any colossal damage. Players that were going to come here did and those that didn't wasn't interested anyway.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
lamont wrote:

What exactly have we done with ALL that cap space anyway. Would Manning had the same effect? maybe not. We'd at least be a playoff team i think...

But anyway.. I didn't think and still don't think the Manning chase did any colossal damage. Players that were going to come here did and those that didn't wasn't interested anyway.

Who knows where it would have went. But I know it was impossible for it to go anywhere thanks to Bud's infatuation with Peyton.

And playoff team? lol, Peyton can't fix this defense. He has a top 5 in the NFL defense in Denver. We're a bottom 5 defense.
lovetitans

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
KingTitan wrote:
lamont wrote:

Who knows where it would have went. But I know it was impossible for it to go anywhere thanks to Bud's infatuation with Peyton.

And playoff team? lol, Peyton can't fix this defense. He has a top 5 in the NFL defense in Denver. We're a bottom 5 defense.

The only thing us going after Payton did was prevent us from going after Mario Williams, witch at this point looks like we made the right choice anyway.

what else did us going after Manning prevent us from doing?

we talked to other players and offered contracts to other players. they choose not to sign here. Payton had no baring on those players choosing to play elsewhere.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovetitans wrote:

The only thing us going after Payton did was prevent us from going after Mario Williams, witch at this point looks like we made the right choice anyway.

what else did us going after Manning prevent us from doing?

we talked to other players and offered contracts to other players. they choose not to sign here. Payton had no baring on those players choosing to play elsewhere.

People say it stopped us from going after Mario Williams who I didn't really want at that price anyway..
Also a Center. But those guys weren't coming here anyway. Meyers wanted to stay in Houston and Wells spent half the season on IR. Saturday was just benched.
John Abraham also was mentioned but he wasn't going to turn the tide with our team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: