Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gmen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't watched a ton of college football, but I watched bits and pieces of the bowl game Georgia played in and I thought Jarvis Jones looked physically underwhelming. For a top 5 pick like some people thought he would be, I was expecting to see a Demarcus Ware type physically imposing player.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
minutemancl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see how you can't like Ogletree. Great sideline to sideline speed, solid tackler, a stonewall at the goal line, and a special teams ace, which I know TC is going to love.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
minutemancl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here's an interesting idea: Barkevious Mingo. I think he could play opposite JPP as our starting DE and would give us speed to chase down RG3 and some more pass rush.

Tehzl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
I don't see how you can't like Ogletree. Great sideline to sideline speed, solid tackler, a stonewall at the goal line, and a special teams ace, which I know TC is going to love.

Slower, Skinnier Jacquian Williams. I think he is the definition of a player you don't want to get to happy about until combine comes. I want to see him with some weight, and I have a feeling his body still will be too lean to play MLB. Yea he is a decent tackler, Good vision, has some trouble with getting from blocks. Also do not forget he is surrounded by talent. Everyone watched Jarvis. Their defensive line was good. Frankly we don't have a Jarvis or a good defensive line. But we shall wait and see.
fracdaddy14

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
I haven't watched a ton of college football, but I watched bits and pieces of the bowl game Georgia played in and I thought Jarvis Jones looked physically underwhelming. For a top 5 pick like some people thought he would be, I was expecting to see a Demarcus Ware type physically imposing player.

Ya, what happened to Troy beast DE/OLBs. At one time they had Osi and Ware on the same team. That was insane. Now it seems like South Florida (JPP and, next year, Aaron Lynch), South Carolina (Ingram, Clowney, and Devin Taylor) and Texas A&M (Von Miller, D Moore, Sean Porter) get them all.
Tehzl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perry Fewell likes to innovate from time to time. NASCAR, 4-4-3 in middle of season, etc. This offseason is also probably one of our most important when it comes to defense because most likely 80% of the draft will be defense and we have some big players potentially leaving or playing bad(We are also stacked at offense). So I was thinking and looking around and I have to ask, do you guys think it is possible that we could switch a bit to a 3-4?

If we look at our defensive line right now.
Justin Tuck-270
JPP- 280
*Osi- 255
Ojomo- 270
*Shaun Rodgers- 350
*Bernard- 300
Marvin Austin-310
Canty- 320
Linval Joseph- 325
Kuhn- 300
Justin Trattou- 255
Adrian Tracy- 245
Mathias Kiwanuka- 270(OLB)

*May not be on team in 2013 season

We have some pretty big guys except for 2 practice squad and 1 we not sure coming back.

It will definitely take a while to get adjusted, but I mean it does look like it could be interesting if it ever were to happen. The 3-4 team we would try to replicate would probably be the Denver Broncos. They use the 3-4 while also using the 4-3. It would be interesting though definitely. Credit for this whole post goes to minutemancl because he asked about Barkevious Mingo, and I thought about him becoming a poor man's Von Miller. Laughing

Would like to hear what you guys think.
Acgott

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO to the 3-4
Tehzl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
NO to the 3-4

Why?

Also to add to my original post a rare example of overnight success could be Wade Phillips to the Texans in a way.
Acgott

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tehzl wrote:
Acgott wrote:
NO to the 3-4

Why?

Also to add to my original post a rare example of overnight success could be Wade Phillips to the Texans in a way.

Because JPP is just learning how to be a down rusher there is no point in having him learn to be an outside rusher
minutemancl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ezekial Ansah? Only 3 years of football, but is 6'6", 270 pounds and might run a 4.6, 4.7 at the combine. Imagine having two absolute freak of natures opposite each other on the DL.

Acgott

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
Ezekial Ansah? Only 3 years of football, but is 6'6", 270 pounds and might run a 4.6, 4.7 at the combine. Imagine having two absolute freak of natures opposite each other on the DL.

The question with him is what is his actual age? Its a complete unknown right now
Tehzl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished watching Bama roll all over Notre Dame. I have to say that our philosophy is almost exactly like Alabama. Run down their throat and good defense. Even the coaches act the same. TC and Saban are winning by 40? Look like they are about to kill someone. I am honestly thinking Saban doesn't want to go to the NFL because he is waiting for TC to retire and take his spot. Laughing

Watching that game really makes me feel we should go for one of Bama's olineman, maybe Warmack in the 1st. Now however Milliner is definitely not gonna be their at 19, he solidified his #1 cornerback rating I think.

Last thing. AJ McCarron's Gf. Shocked

Edit: Manti was shutdown as in he did nothing, however you could definitely tell he is the type of guy that leads a defense. I would not trade up for him though.

Last edited by Tehzl on Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
ESKY008

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade back abit for Barrett jones. Prob shouldn't shove Eli though bro.
minutemancl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tehzl wrote:

Edit: Manti was also shutdown tonight, you could definitely tell he was a leader out there. I would not trade up for him though.

Were we watching the same game? Dude missed 7 tackles and made no impact at all last night. Looked lost against a balanced offense and big OL. Don't want him.

One ND player I did like last night was Zeke Motta. He missed tackles too, but was flying all over the field and I remember one drive where he made every single tackle on a Bama offensive player but one. Think he can be solid in the pros.

NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Barrett Jones or Chance Warmack on the Giants line next year. Jones is about as versatile as they come and Warmack is just a mean SOB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 7 of 21

Jump to: