Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mlv wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:
Rolle needs to stay and he needs to be a captain over Tuck...

I'm good with that. Also surprised at the lack of love for Brown. He's the reason we don't need KP anymore

KP was great today, at less than 100%. He was flying all over the place. Vick made a horrible throw that happened to land in Brown's hands.

So one game and you think KP should be back starting over Brown? Brown was 2nd in INT's this season. In the league. One bad pass by Vick doesn't take away from how well he's played this year.

I'm not saying I don't want KP but it's a similar story with TT IMO. We need guys that we can depend on to start without having to worry about their paper knees blowing out on a random play and then we're left scrambling to replace them. I realize injuries can happen to anyone but if we're spending the money on the starters that means we don't have much left in reserves. AKA the money is on the IR not on the field.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, my real reason for opening this thread.

If for some reason Fewell leaves (fired/hired elsewhere/etc) Think we'd try to bring Lovie in as DC?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Maybe I'm crazy, but I like Hosley's future in the slot.

Xfaxtor wrote:

Agree with both of these. Hosley has a lot of talent, but he was playing in the arguably hardest position to cover for the 1st time in his career. I think he'll be very good.

Rolle is still hungry and is a vet, so I definitely agree.

^Stone85 on the sig^
minutemancl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hosley really stepped up in the later weeks of the season. He got thrown in as 2nd CB a few times in the past few weeks and there was no mention of him. That's a great sign. With Hosley, Prince, Will Hill, and Stevie Brown, I think we are 1 young playmaker away from being set at DB for a while. I think Logan Ryan would be perfect for us.

Our LB corp is going to be addressed early in this draft. Same with DL. Those are 2 spots we need to get more talented in. As far as young, talented, promising players at those spots, we have JPP, Linval, and Jacquain Williams. That's it. Tuck, Osi, Kiwi, Boley are all "washed up", essentially. Sad but true.

On offense, I think just the fact that it is the offseason is going to be the biggest contributing factor to getting better. Everyone just needs to get healthy and we need to add a few pieces to the OL, but other than that, we are pretty set. David Wilson and Rueben Randle have looked fantastic, we know what we have in Marty B, Cruz, Nicks, and Eli. The OL just needs help.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
mlv

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
mlv wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:

I'm good with that. Also surprised at the lack of love for Brown. He's the reason we don't need KP anymore

KP was great today, at less than 100%. He was flying all over the place. Vick made a horrible throw that happened to land in Brown's hands.

So one game and you think KP should be back starting over Brown? Brown was 2nd in INT's this season. In the league. One bad pass by Vick doesn't take away from how well he's played this year.

I'm not saying I don't want KP but it's a similar story with TT IMO. We need guys that we can depend on to start without having to worry about their paper knees blowing out on a random play and then we're left scrambling to replace them. I realize injuries can happen to anyone but if we're spending the money on the starters that means we don't have much left in reserves. AKA the money is on the IR not on the field.

SO KP's 2010 and 2011 are meaningless now? He was one of the best safeties in the league last year and didn't give up a single TD. The defense this year with Phillips starting has allowed 24 (DAL), 27 (TB), 7 (CAR), 10 (GB) and 7 (PHI) points (I am not counting the first Eagles game and the second Skins game because he barely played in both those games).

And for all of Stevie Brown's praises, he blew his share of coverages and took his share of bad angles at ball carriers. KP never blows coverages and is an excellent tackler. There's more to being a top safety than getting INTs.

Brown had a good season but Phillips is the better player. If Reese thinks KP's knee will hold up over the life of an extension, KP should be re-signed. Safeties make significantly less $$ than CBs. I do not want to see Kenny in Washington or Philadelphia next season (two of the worst safety situations in the league) because Stevie Brown had a random 8 INT season.
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
Hosley really stepped up in the later weeks of the season. He got thrown in as 2nd CB a few times in the past few weeks and there was no mention of him. That's a great sign. With Hosley, Prince, Will Hill, and Stevie Brown, I think we are 1 young playmaker away from being set at DB for a while. I think Logan Ryan would be perfect for us.

Our LB corp is going to be addressed early in this draft. Same with DL. Those are 2 spots we need to get more talented in. As far as young, talented, promising players at those spots, we have JPP, Linval, and Jacquain Williams. That's it. Tuck, Osi, Kiwi, Boley are all "washed up", essentially. Sad but true.

On offense, I think just the fact that it is the offseason is going to be the biggest contributing factor to getting better. Everyone just needs to get healthy and we need to add a few pieces to the OL, but other than that, we are pretty set. David Wilson and Rueben Randle have looked fantastic, we know what we have in Marty B, Cruz, Nicks, and Eli. The OL just needs help.

I agree with you. Hosley hasn't played slot in college I believe so this was a new experience for him. When he was playing outside he was much better. I think another year will do him great.

I love Logan Ryan also. He'd be a great get.

I think we need LB help but the DE/DT class is awesome in the first couple of rounds. I think we get another dlinemen in the 1st and possibly a corner in the 2nd. Can't see LB being a 1st or 2nd round pick imo.

^Stone85 on the sig^
mlv

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:

Mostly agree, except I don't think Kiwi is washed up. I think he just needs to go back to DE, permanently.

I don't think Osi is totally washed up, but at this point in his career, he's merely a situational pass rusher. He will go to the highest bidder, and that won't be the Giants.
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodbye Webster, Tuck, Boley, Rocky, Lumpkin, Rivers, and unfortunately Phillips. I'm thinking LB or DE 1st pick for sure. Possibly a tackle. Ogletree would be ideal IMO.
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont really like Rolle but he's got way more fire than Tuck. Time for him to get that captain's letter.

I think if we can find a good deal on a RT in free agency, and spend most of the draft on defense, the team will be in pretty good shape as a whole.
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
Goodbye Webster, Tuck, Boley, Rocky, Lumpkin, Rivers, and unfortunately Phillips. I'm thinking LB or DE 1st pick for sure. Possibly a tackle. Ogletree would be ideal IMO.

Not Lumpy Shocked

Can someone find me a decent scouting report on this Alec Ogletree guy I keep hearing about?
bagh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I want is an OT or Secondary help. Everything else is covered.

I want Canty cut thought and a DT drafted. This draft is full of them.

Trade any of the following:

Bradshaw
Boley
Webster
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:

Not Lumpy Shocked

Can someone find me a decent scouting report on this Alec Ogletree guy I keep hearing about?

This one is pretty good:

http://blackndblacker.wordpress.com/2012/12/27/blacks-first-prospect-scouting-report-alec-ogletree-linebacker-georgia/

Pretty much agree with everything being said there. He finds it hard to shed blocks down inside. so I dont think he'd be an ideal fit.

^Stone85 on the sig^
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mlv wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
mlv wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:

SO KP's 2010 and 2011 are meaningless now? He was one of the best safeties in the league last year and didn't give up a single TD. The defense this year with Phillips starting has allowed 24 (DAL), 27 (TB), 7 (CAR), 10 (GB) and 7 (PHI) points (I am not counting the first Eagles game and the second Skins game because he barely played in both those games).

And for all of Stevie Brown's praises, he blew his share of coverages and took his share of bad angles at ball carriers. KP never blows coverages and is an excellent tackler. There's more to being a top safety than getting INTs.

Brown had a good season but Phillips is the better player. If Reese thinks KP's knee will hold up over the life of an extension, KP should be re-signed. Safeties make significantly less $$ than CBs. I do not want to see Kenny in Washington or Philadelphia next season (two of the worst safety situations in the league) because Stevie Brown had a random 8 INT season.

You just said KP played in 5 games this year. He only DID something in 4 of them. He left the Philly game and had no tackles, PDs, etc.

I love KP. I do. It's a matter of cost and we have to spend wisely this offseason and he may not be back given what Brown did in KPs outage.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mlv wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
mlv wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:

This.

Their talent levels aren't close. No way we should even consider passing on Kenny for a possible one year wonder. Brown struggled to catch on with a few teams that had weak secondaries, and it was very clear why after seeing some of the angles he takes. It is very likely the interceptions were an anomaly, and we won't see that again.
minutemancl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You saw what happened when our team didn't force turnovers. Stevie Brown is more valuable to this team than KP. No denying KP is good, but that money needs to go elsewhere when we now have 3 capable S (Trel, Brown, Will Hill).

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 4 of 21

Jump to: