Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xfaxtor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
Would people rather have Trufant or Vaccaro?

Trufant, hands down...
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:

trufant
Rhodes
ogletree

I don't think we need S that bad. I want to see what we have in Will Hill first.
dkebones

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

trufant
Rhodes
ogletree

I don't think we need S that bad. I want to see what we have in Will Hill first.

i love Rhodes, but my biggest question is if Fewell would allow him to play to his abilities. We don't play much, if any, jam-man so if Fewell won't let him there's no point in drafting him.
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

Trufant, hands down...

x2. Didn't Vaccaro run like a 4.6? Speed isn't everything but for a safety it's pretty damn important. Plus I want to let Stevie Brown And Will Hill duke it out and see what happens
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

Trufant, hands down...

x2. Didn't Vaccaro run like a 4.6? Speed isn't everything but for a safety it's pretty damn important. Plus I want to let Stevie Brown And Will Hill duke it out and see what happens

Same. Where is Arthur Brown predicted to go right now? I'd love him in the 2nd.
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

Trufant, hands down...

Sorry to say it, but theres 0% chance he's there in the second. I actually wouldn't be surprised if he was taken before pick 19, because I know Pittsburgh is highly interested and Brown really impressed at his pro day. But there's no way they'd pass on him in the 2nd. He should be the first LBer off the board.
fracdaddy14

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
mattbags2313 wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:

Trufant, hands down...

Sorry to say it, but theres 0% chance he's there in the second. I actually wouldn't be surprised if he was taken before pick 19, because I know Pittsburgh is highly interested and Brown really impressed at his pro day. But there's no way they'd pass on him in the 2nd. He should be the first LBer off the board.

Brown looks in the 15-25 range now as teams are getting hot on him, but with JR, I could see him not being BPA. Teo's work at ND pro day is putting him back in late 1st- early 2nd talk like Ogletree. LBs in Round 2 Pick #49 range are likely Sio Moore, Jamie Collins, Khaseem Green, and maybe Kiki Alonso. Of course, there is a small chance of a Jarvis Jones free-fall. He definitely wouldn't get past 49.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see Brown going anywhere from 15-50. I hear there's some legitimate concerns with his shoulder injury that held him out most of the draft process. I don't think there's a chance he can make it past the Giants in the 2nd unless his shoulder doesn't work anymore. I'd be absolutely ecstatic to grab Brown in the 2nd.
minutemancl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used that draft simulator thing someone posted in nfl draft. This is what I got for the Giants.

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 10 (MIA): Arthur Brown, OLB, Kansas State (B+)
Round 2 Pick 15 (DAL): Barrett Jones, C, Alabama (B)
Round 2 Pick 17: Jonathan Cyprien, SS, Florida International (A)
Round 2 Pick 22 (MIA): Cornellius Carradine, DE, Florida State (B-)
Round 3 Pick 23 (WASH): Akeem Spence, DT, Illinois (A)
Round 4 Pick 14 (MIA): Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, Connecticut (A)
Round 4 Pick 19: Brian Schwenke, C, California (A)
Round 4 Pick 22 (WASH): Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina (A)
Round 5 Pick 19: Chris Faulk, OT, LSU (A)
Round 6 Pick 19: Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State (A-)
Round 7 Pick 19: Gerald Hodges, OLB, Penn State (A)
Round 7 Pick 47 (COMP): Luke Marquardt, OT, Azusa Pacific (A)

Your Future Picks:
2014 Round 1 Pick
2015 Round 1 Pick

I think it turned out pretty well. Laughing

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
minutemancl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
April 12: "If Warmack does start to slide I am told the New York Giants would love the opportunity to select him as they feel he’s a great fit for their system. Moving towards the draft it seems one of the Giants early targets, Warmack’s teammate DJ Fluker, will be out of reach." - Tony Pauline

No doubt in my mind he'd be the pick if he is there at 19.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
fracdaddy14

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
Quote:
April 12: "If Warmack does start to slide I am told the New York Giants would love the opportunity to select him as they feel he’s a great fit for their system. Moving towards the draft it seems one of the Giants early targets, Warmack’s teammate DJ Fluker, will be out of reach." - Tony Pauline

No doubt in my mind he'd be the pick if he is there at 19.

Totally called this in my most recent v4.10 mock draft!!! In all seriousness, I would be extatic with Chance on the Giants.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see it, but I wouldn't be too happy with it. We need more talent on defense and need to address it early imo. But I will say that this would be the only pick I could tolerate if we go offense. People need to stop mocking Fluker to the Giants. Like now.
fracdaddy14

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
I could see it, but I wouldn't be too happy with it. We need more talent on defense and need to address it early imo. But I will say that this would be the only pick I could tolerate if we go offense. People need to stop mocking Fluker to the Giants. Like now.

Ugh, I hear that. Chance or a Defensive stud, no other exceptions. Not a fan of Fluker, I don't know if he has the lateral movement to handle the increasing speed rushers at RT with more 3-4 and hybrid defenses. I mean, he was dominated by the undersized DE from Western Kentucky, Quanterus Smith. Big guys like him seem to be good fits at OG, but would likely struggle with leverage against quick DTs. I think he'll be decent, but I wouldn't touch him in Round 1. I hope he is gone by pick #19 so there isn't even any temptation.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we're long overdue for a stud offensive lineman. Warmack would be my top choice. By many accounts he is one of the top 10 players in this draft , and the only reason he'd be available at 19 is because of his position. Although it happens rarely, offensive guards taken in the first round tend to enjoy success in the NFL (except if you're a 27 year old firefighter Laughing ).

I also wouldn't mind Jonathon Cooper. He's not as much of a mauler as Warmack, but he can move better and could possibly play center when the David Baas experiment is finally deemed a failure.

And unlike most of you, I also wouldn't mind DJ Fluker. A road grader at RT would do wonders for David Wilson.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
GEE MEN

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
I think we're long overdue for a stud offensive lineman. Warmack would be my top choice. By many accounts he is one of the top 10 players in this draft , and the only reason he'd be available at 19 is because of his position. Although it happens rarely, offensive guards taken in the first round tend to enjoy success in the NFL (except if you're a 27 year old firefighter Laughing ).

I also wouldn't mind Jonathon Cooper. He's not as much of a mauler as Warmack, but he can move better and could possibly play center when the David Baas experiment is finally deemed a failure.

And unlike most of you, I also wouldn't mind DJ Fluker. A road grader at RT would do wonders for David Wilson.

I agree with Gmen. Some say Fluker might be better suited at RG but he'd be an upgrade over Diehl and may have flexibility to play other positions.

As an aside, CONGRATS Gmen. 15,000 posts. You always have insightful contributions. May you have at least another 15,000 more posts (with a few more epic battles with MH). Laughing

Desperado82 wrote:
I will never defend Romo again. I'm done. We may only have a shot at the playoffs or what have you because of him, but he will NEVER put us over the hump.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 20 of 21

Jump to: