Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gamble is a good option. I like the potential there.

As for the KP vs Rolle argument, give me Rolle. Super versatille, a leader, plays through injuries.

KP is better in coverage but overall I like Rolle better.

^Stone85 on the sig^
IR0NM1KE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love releasing AB, Boley, and Canty. I got no time for injury prone players. Can we also find a way to get rid of KP and CWeb? Lets free up some $ and actually improve this team. Lastly, if Jerry Reese could throw Perry Fewell from a moving vehicle, that would really solidify this offseason for me.
Gmen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR0NM1KE wrote:
Love releasing AB, Boley, and Canty. I got no time for injury prone players. Can we also find a way to get rid of KP and CWeb? Lets free up some $ and actually improve this team. Lastly, if Jerry Reese could throw Perry Fewell from a moving vehicle, that would really solidify this offseason for me.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR0NM1KE wrote:

Depending on the vehicle Im not sure this could be arranged ...

Not a Knicks fan
Gmen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Giants are going to need to heavily invest in the front seven of the defense this year. We are now minus Canty, Boley and likely Osi. Rocky Bernard will be 34, likely gone. Heaven help us if Austin has to start. Tuck hasn't been good for a few years now. I've never felt comfortable with Blackburn in the middle. The Kiwanuka LB experiment is a failure half a decade in the running. The only players I like in that front seven are JPP, Linval and Jacquian Williams. Maybe Kuhn, Tracy or Ojomo step up. But we can't count on that.

I think DT has to be our biggest concern right now, and should be our #1 free agency priority. If we don't land a good one in free agency, we might have to go DT in round one.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuck's production rushing from the DT spot over the past few seasons has looked awful. An athletic DT to put in the middle is my biggest want as well. Praying for Richardson to be available at 19.
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
The Giants are going to need to heavily invest in the front seven of the defense this year. We are now minus Canty, Boley and likely Osi. Rocky Bernard will be 34, likely gone. Heaven help us if Austin has to start. Tuck hasn't been good for a few years now. I've never felt comfortable with Blackburn in the middle. The Kiwanuka LB experiment is a failure half a decade in the running. The only players I like in that front seven are JPP, Linval and Jacquian Williams. Maybe Kuhn, Tracy or Ojomo step up. But we can't count on that.

I think DT has to be our biggest concern right now, and should be our #1 free agency priority. If we don't land a good one in free agency, we might have to go DT in round one.

I hope we can at least fill one hole with free agency. Needs are starting to pop up all over this roster.
Gmen1985

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are two free agents I wouldn't mind bringing in 1) I think they could help and 2) I think they'll be relatively cheap.

Chris Ivory- I know we'll bring in a veteran that will be able to pick up the blitz and I don't think that's one of Ivory's strong suits but I think this guy can bring it as a runner. He's tough, runs hard and a nightmare to bring down. I really think we can get this guy cheap considering that he was the 4th string in New Orleans. He's averaged 5.1 ypc in his career. The worst thing about losing Bradshaw is we lose the toughness to our offense and I think Ivory could return that.

Israel Idonije - Once again, due to age, I think this guy could help and come really cheap. I like this guy because he basically does everything well and is versatile. He can play DE or DT, can play the run or get a little pressure on the QB. Obviously not a long term solution, but can help this team next year.

Thanks to Rase for the sig!
Byrdman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's everyone think of going after Woodson if we cut Webster and can't get KP back. He getting old but I think he got a few years left in the nickel cb or the 3 safety look we do a lot.
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byrdman wrote:
What's everyone think of going after Woodson if we cut Webster and can't get KP back. He getting old but I think he got a few years left in the nickel cb or the 3 safety look we do a lot.

Case and point right there ... he's gonna want a huge contract and he's not worth it.

Rather go after a guy in the draft.

Not a Knicks fan
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byrdman wrote:

Thought he was washed up last year. Looked worse this year.

I def wouldnt want him as a S, I'd much rather see Brown and Hill get time. I don't think he can play on the outside anymore. Maybe as a nickel, as Hosely seemed better outside than inside.
dkebones

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggsam49 wrote:
Byrdman wrote:

Thought he was washed up last year. Looked worse this year.

I def wouldnt want him as a S, I'd much rather see Brown and Hill get time. I don't think he can play on the outside anymore. Maybe as a nickel, as Hosely seemed better outside than inside.

i actually can't help but disagree. he's one of the GOATs at his position and would be perfect as that Sam Madison teaching role for Prince, Jayron and (rookie CB). i don't know what he wants as far as money, because honestly he's smart enough to realize he's not getting a $4-5M/yr deal at 38yo and its been said that he simply wants to go to a contender.

i mean, if you can bring him in for one or two years, can he really get burned any more than Webster did last season??
minutemancl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ebenezersamuel
Don't get too excited, but Dwight Freeney says on SiriusXM: "I grew up a Giants fan actually...so that would be a dream."

Super interesting. Wondering if he would be willing to take less money to come here.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
HakeemTheDream

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
@ebenezersamuel
Don't get too excited, but Dwight Freeney says on SiriusXM: "I grew up a Giants fan actually...so that would be a dream."

Super interesting. Wondering if he would be willing to take less money to come here.

Freeney would be a perfect replacement for Osi. I just wouldn't want to give him anything more than a one year deal.
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freeney has a lot of respect from me. Id love to have him here to rotate and have tuck pushed to the inside on some plays.

Jpp-linval-tuck-freeney
With kiwi as a roaming blitzer Very Happy

See ya osi

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 14 of 21

Jump to: