Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like chris gamble is getting cut. You think hes worth a 1-2 year 3 mill a year deal?

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
minutemancl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bballbkd1001 wrote:
Looks like chris gamble is getting cut. You think hes worth a 1-2 year 3 mill a year deal?

I think he is absolutely worth that. I remember watching him his rookie year and being really impressed.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
fracdaddy14

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
bballbkd1001 wrote:

I think he is absolutely worth that. I remember watching him his rookie year and being really impressed.

Gamble would be a great pickup on a 1-year, $3m non-guaranteed deal. He is good when healthy, he just has just been plagued by injuries. Worth a flier.
Gmen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one who thinks Kenny Phillips shouldn't be a priority. I like Stevie Brown and Will Hill.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Byrdman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks Kenny Phillips shouldn't be a priority. I like Stevie Brown and Will Hill.

I'm right there with you. Don't get me wrong I like KP but to much injury concern for the money. I rather let Beatty, Boothe, and KP go and get Jake Long. That's just my opinion.
minutemancl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:

Will Hill is a younger, healthier KP. He's going to do great this year.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byrdman wrote:
Gmen wrote:

I'm right there with you. Don't get me wrong I like KP but to much injury concern for the money. I rather let Beatty, Boothe, and KP go and get Jake Long. That's just my opinion.

Jake Long is asking for too much money, that's why Miami's letting him walk and hes already injury prone. KP on the other hand is our best player in the backfield and makes a huge difference for that secondary when he's out there. Ask him to take a little less due to his injuries and ask players like Rolle or Eli to help by restructuring current contracts minorly. Then Rolle could play corner if T2 (cut and resigned to 1 year) or Prince gets injured. And vice versa, T2 is able to play safety if Phillips goes down. Webster cut, round 1-3 CB and add a F/A for depth. As for the front 7, Kiwanuka moved to DE and two top 5 picks spent on LBer. Would also like a DT taken in the first few rounds. Then our 31st ranked defense is getting somewhere...
ESKY008

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have talent on defensive. We need a leader or two and emerge. No one stood up and emerged. Someone like Seymour can add leadership. Don't expect 10 sacks from the guy, but he makes teams better with his presence. When our dline is held in check we lose. I believe we have been lucky to get as far as we have without a true starting MLB. MLB are the leaders of a defense esp in a 4-3. Pierce was not the athlete needed but he at least bought some intensity. I still think someone like Jon Beason can nearly single handily turn us around. A 80% Beason is still better than a 100% Blackburn or herzlich.

KP is not a priority in my opinion with the talent we have and the talent in this draft.
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
Gmen wrote:

Will Hill is a younger, healthier KP. He's going to do great this year.

Phillips didnt allow a TD last year in the regular season, and this year, per PFF, "In his 171 [coverage] snaps, he allowed just two catches on seven targets for 16 yards."

How can someone compare Will Hill to that? Sure, Hill looked nice in the box, but how much has he even been in deep coverage? They're nothing alike.

--

Stevie has made a lot of mistakes to go along with the turnovers. If he can keep up the turnover number, I would be willing to put up with it and risk losing Kenny. But we don't know if that's the player he really is or if he was just fortunate this season. I tend to think its the latter.
Byrdman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerseyboy257 wrote:
Byrdman wrote:
Gmen wrote:

Jake Long is asking for too much money, that's why Miami's letting him walk and hes already injury prone. KP on the other hand is our best player in the backfield and makes a huge difference for that secondary when he's out there. Ask him to take a little less due to his injuries and ask players like Rolle or Eli to help by restructuring current contracts minorly. Then Rolle could play corner if T2 (cut and resigned to 1 year) or Prince gets injured. And vice versa, T2 is able to play safety if Phillips goes down. Webster cut, round 1-3 CB and add a F/A for depth. As for the front 7, Kiwanuka moved to DE and two top 5 picks spent on LBer. Would also like a DT taken in the first few rounds. Then our 31st ranked defense is getting somewhere...

Jake Long to my knowledge hasnt said anything about money. They can't afford to franchise tag because he made more then the tag and they have to pay him like 25% more then he was making. My guess he wants to play for a contender. I bet we could get him for 10 to 12 a year. I rather give him that then Beatty 7 to 9 million a year. Like I said before that's my opinion.
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byrdman wrote:
jerseyboy257 wrote:
Byrdman wrote:
Gmen wrote:

Jake Long to my knowledge hasnt said anything about money. They can't afford to franchise tag because he made more then the tag and they have to pay him like 25% more then he was making. My guess he wants to play for a contender. I bet we could get him for 10 to 12 a year. I rather give him that then Beatty 7 to 9 million a year. Like I said before that's my opinion.

I just don't see us signing a F/A to a huge contract, especially when the player's performance has been in decline in recent years and also two different injuries sidelining him the past couple years. I'm not denying that Long can come back to a higher level, but I think the last thing the Giants need is signing another player to a big contract and have him off the field as much as he is on. Beatty, on the other hand, has been on the rise playing his best year for sure last year and will be much more affordable for the Giants
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry Reese is clearing cap space to participate in Free Agency. This years class is really 3 compiled into 1 due to the CBA Process.

Virtually any position JR wants to address can be done at affordable prices. The only position where premium money needs to be spent is Right Tackle. Jermon Bushrod is a guy I think will land in NY.
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:

As of right now I like Brown over Philips, but I dont think that should negate from the fact that we should resign philips.

Bolieve in Masai
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres a question. Would you rather have phillips or rolle? Honestly id take phillips any day

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
HakeemTheDream

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bballbkd1001 wrote:
Heres a question. Would you rather have phillips or rolle? Honestly id take phillips any day

KP all day. I love Rolle because he is a great competitor and a vocal leader, but his coverage skills both man-to-man and deep safety are suspect. KP is underrated over here because of Stevie Brown's luck with getting a lot of turnovers. That is almost certainly not going to happen again. KP is the most important player in the Giants secondary. The protects the deep ball. There is a reason why the Giants gave up the most 30+ yard catches this year, and it was because KP was missing. And I don't consider him injury prone. Since his microfracture surgery, he participated in the 35 of 36 games before this season when he hurt his OTHER knee. That injury should not be considered serious at this point. Giants need to keep KP so they can have a successful 3 safety lineup. You remember that Packers game? That was all because of KP being back and running 3 safeties.

I would love to be able to get Gamble on a short term deal. Solid cover corner and is most likely better than Webster at this point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 13 of 21

Jump to: