Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If you want to rebuild get ready to trade
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neauone

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: If you want to rebuild get ready to trade Reply with quote

So, YOU want to rebuild? You want to rebuild through the draft, BUT, you don't want to wait tooooooo long. Well what commodity do the Jets currently have worth trading? Who would trade with the Jets if they needed, say, a WR or CB? The names of Revis and Holmes comes up. Both could get the Jets more than a few draft choices and could catapult a playoff contender into a SB contender. The trading of Revis would bring at least a few number 1's, Holmes on the other hand could garner a 4th round pick. If your the Jets, and lets be realistic here, no GM worth his salt is going to trade for Sanchez. Tebow on the other hand is tradable and will get us a 7th rounder at worse. If the Jets were able to unload both Revis and Holmes and get the draft choices mentioned above, the Jets would have some serious cap space to sign a few FA to help right this team. Now throw in a few number 1's and the Jets may not be 3 years away from the playoffs or worse. If your going to clean house, and bring in a new GM. The first order of business is to balance the books so that we can sign some FA and build through the draft. Its time to break all the ties to the past and build for the future. So where do we start?
green24

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle Wilson.

Revis isn't going anywhere.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holmes isn't going anywhere; especially coming off season ending lisfranc surgery
KBS756

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holmes is immovable due to his contract. Hopefully we sign Braylon back and he comes back strong. He balances out Holmes and that issue is dealt with for a season.

In terms of CB's both Revis and Cromartie are off limits to be traded.

Tebow probably nets a 6th while Sanchez a conditional 7th (obviously only if we eat money on his deal)

We arent years away from the playoffs ... we could very well be in it next year with half decent offensive production. Going far once in them is a different story.

By The way neauone would appreciate it if you could break up your posts into sections as others do makes it so much easier to read.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you kno how dumb we'd look if we traded Revis

He does things for us no other CB in the league does just get some speed at LB and a cover safety and our D is set

The O is another story however with the right coach and system I think we'll be fine as we have some nice pieces

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Kyle Wilson.

This. Wilson could probably net us a decent draft pick.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
green24 wrote:
Kyle Wilson.

If we're lucky, I say a third or a fourth + a conditional 2014 pick.
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
green24 wrote:
Kyle Wilson.

If we're lucky, I say a third or a fourth + a conditional 2014 pick.
I was thinking more like a 4th and that's it, but if we could get that much I'd be pretty happy.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now we're slotted at pick 12. If we lose to buffalo we should be in the top 10.

I'd like for us to trade down to the early mid 20s and pick up another second and a fourth. Trade Wilson and Tebow for a 4th and 5th and now we have 11 picks. If we select correctly and make a couple of free agent pickups, with the core we have now, we can be an exciting team next year.

To do this though, we need a completely different mind set in the FO.
drew39k

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trading revis wouldn't net multiple firsts. He is coming off a knee injury, having missed the majority of the season. His value is at its lowest right now.
Technically yes... BUT by laws of playoff football, The Andrew Lucks lost to the Quarterbackbowl 47 winning Joe Flaccos. Whereas the Russel Wilsons lost to the Matt Ryans, who didnt even beat the Colin Kaepernicks.
DHarvey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I for one applaud you Neauone for sticking your neck out and voicing some outside the box thinking. I happen to agree with you especially regarding Revis. First, our secondary did quite well this year absent Revis so no reason to think we couldn't continue next year without him. Second, has anyone considered what it will take to resign Revis I think in 2014? He will cost us a boat load of cash which will in turn hurt our ability to build the team in other key areas. So yes, trade him, get what you can for him (which I believe would at least include a first rounder) and move on.
Holmes should go in a trade for something..frankly anything because I think he is a cancer on the team in terms of his personality.

We need an entire house cleaning including dumping Mr. T and Rex (yes Rex too should go-BS mouth and all) but also if need be trading folks like Revis and Holmes. Gotta start fresh.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drew39k wrote:
Trading revis wouldn't net multiple firsts. He is coming off a knee injury, having missed the majority of the season. His value is at its lowest right now.

Didn't an old Carson Palmer who hadn't played in a year net multiple 1st's? I know it the Raiders but someone will absolutely take a shot on a HOF CB in his prime (even with a knee injury). The guy is hands down the best CB in the league and with the way guys have been bouncing back from knee injuries these days I think some team will certainly offer 2 1st's.

I don't think I'd do it anyway. I'd gauge the values of Harris, Wilson, Cro, and Holmes before I even thought about trading Revis.

I think the trading down idea is the best way to acquire extra picks, if that was the new managements plan. I wouldn't be mad though if we lost to BUF and landed the 8th pick and Moore was sitting there for us. I think at that point we might have to just make the pick.

This is a 2 year rebuild plan at best if all goes well and we hit on some draft picks, one most notably a QB. By that time Revis will be 100% and we can try for another run with a revamped O-line and some weapons hopefully.

Props to Mack on the sig
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilson would likely net a 4th. He hasn't shown much besides being a solid starter. Would be nice to move McKnight for a late pick.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt Kyle Wilson would net the Jets anything more than a 5th at best. Probably a 6th.
jpt331

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id kinda like to trade Cromartie, I know im going to catch some heat for this idea but hear me out, we could get a 2nd and maybe a little more for him(heck hes playing so well wemihht be able to get a firat rounder for him) from a CB needy team like detroit, plus de we rwally want all that money between cro and revis (he will get a contract extension) when we have so much more pressing needs that we could use the money to spend on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: