Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

"The" Non Chip Kelly Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brownie man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: "The" Non Chip Kelly Mock Reply with quote

Head Coach
Lovie Smith

Offensive Coordinator
Norv Tuner

Defensive Coordinator
Richard Jauron

Lovie Smith is my ideal coach. I know everybody is on this Chip Kelly bandwagon, but I think Lovie has the best resume of any candidate out there right now. Bringing him in would allow us no not only keep our 43 defense but to take it to the next level. Lovie has experience coaching a league best defense I think he could push players like Joe Haden, Sheard, and Phil Taylor to max out there all pro potential.

Smith would also upgrade our Special teams which has dropped since Mangini left.

Norv Turner is a great offensive mind who with the talent we have would be a great tutor for Weeden.

FA
WR Austin Collie-Comes to take MoMass spot in the slot
TE Jermichael Finley-Turner pitches he can make Finley the next Gates
CB Keenan Lewis-Cover 2 corner who isnt afraid to come down and hit
Dashon Goldson-After the 49ers win the Superbowl Goldson comes in and cashes out

Draft

1.DE Dion Jordan Oregon-With bringing in a Cover 2 defense we're going to have to get pressure with our front 4 and after Jordan tears up the combine Lovie will bring him in as our stud pass rusher

3.OLB Gerald Hodges Penn State-Key to the Cover 2 is to have linebackers that are athletic and can play in coverage. With Maiava being a FS bringing in a Will to compete is a must.

4.RB Kenjon Barner Oregon-Brandon Jackson is a FA and Hardesty hasnt shown enough to prove himself as a capable backup. Barner would od will in Turner's offense and play a role being a returner on ST

5.OLB\SS DeVonte Holloman South Carolina-Bringing in a rover type player is benefical to a cover 2 defense having an athletic guy that can cover ground and play the run would help us to play more schemes.

6.FB Trey Millard Oklahoma-We need a full back bad straight up

7.CB Brandon McGee Miami-A physical corner with size to battle with screen for nickle.
FLAbrownfan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love that coaching staff- I dont know if it's a big pipedream or not but would love it

R.I.P Crackburn, always in our hearts
adopt a Brown: Davone Bess - The best- one catch, one first down--- never mind person foul takes away! arrghhh Reg on the SIG
BrownieTheElf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really like it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norv Tuner as the OC?I guess you never want to see TRich get the ball lol he had one of the best RBs in his hands and he never freaking used him.

idk im not biggest fan of Lovie. I think he was overrated with the Bears. He had a top15offense only twice and only had one 1top10 offense.

Suppose to be a great defensive coach. Out of his 9years with the bears he only had a top10 defense 4times. I also dont like him after leading his team to that epic collapse this year. I wouldnt be upset if we hired him but I would be very excited either.

Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Norv Tuner as the OC?I guess you never want to see TRich get the ball lol he had one of the best RBs in his hands and he never freaking used him.

Explain

He used LT

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
buno67

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Quote:

Explain

He used LT

Ray Rice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Quote:

Explain

He used LT

Ray Rice

I believe you're thinking of Cam Cameron
candyman93

Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:
buno67 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Quote:

Explain

He used LT

Ray Rice

That's twice Buno has done this...

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
Reginaldm9

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a big fan of picking up Norv Turner. Same goes for Austin Collie. Aside from that, I'd be impressed with this offseason. Still, your draft looks more suited for Chip Kelly than most of the ones I've seen on here, yet he isn't even the head coach.

Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
TeHDruiD wrote:
buno67 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
Quote:

Explain

He used LT

Ray Rice

That's twice Buno has done this...

haha

I was gonna say, i thought someone else did this recently.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norv is an amazing OC, no reason not to like that pickup. He's not a HC, but man as an OC I'd be super happy.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I am against switching to a 3-4, I'm even more against the idea of having a Cover-2 base. Our LBs don't cover well. Our best DBs are not zone guys. I think it would take an even bigger overhaul on defense to switch to a Cover-2 than a 3-4. It's setting our defense 3 or 4 steps back.

I like Lovie, love Turner as OC and would love to keep Jauron, but we need a coach who can use the talent we have here instead of needing to turn over the roster to bring in "his guys".

I'd much rather have a coach who says and believes this:

“Anything you do has to be personnel driven,” Kelly said. “You have to adapt to the personnel you have. There's a lot of great offenses out there, but does it fit with the personnel you have? The key is making sure what you're doing is giving your people a chance to be successful.”

Kelly emphasized that making sure an offense meshes well with the players on the roster is vital to success.

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-browns/cleveland-browns-1.270107/as-browns-search-for-new-head-coach-oregon-s-chip-kelly-says-i-do-not-know-what-the-future-holds-1.362003

That said, I really like your draft. Not the FAs so much, but the draft is excellent.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovie would be my #1 choice of all nfl candidates.

Love the coching staff, love the defense (Jauron already runs cover/Tampa looks). I like the FAs, and th draft is really good as well (assuming Jordan adds some weight)

Only thing I would change would be to resign maivia (should be cheap and easy) and use that 3rd round draft pick on a different option.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent did you apply for the gms job .
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOOOO NO CHIP KELLY BOOOOO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: