Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Few Mock Offeseason Ideas thoughts???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raider4Lyfe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Few Mock Offeseason Ideas thoughts??? Reply with quote

I am thinking we Cut Seymour
Restructure Kelly to a more mangeable #
Cut Palmer who is a better fantasy QB than real life QB
Pick up Vick
Cut Lechler replace him with King

I would also like to trade with STL for their 2 picks and pick up

DT From Georgia Jonathon Jenkins 360 to plug up the hole in our D line I get tired of RB running up the gut of the Raiders that way we put a true NT tackle who takes up space next to Kelly who is more of a penetrating DT

with the 2nd pick from STL I would select Ezekiel Ansah 6-6 273 Freak Athlete as a DE our Dline would be sick
273 360 310 300
Ansah Jenkins Kelly Houston
rotation would be Des Bryant shaunessy would would most likely get pressure on the QB with our front four the way Al Davis always wanted

I feel like we should concentrate on that d line and it will make everyone behind them much better and pick up a Corner and a LB in the 3rd and 4th rd Huff cant play Corner Peyton exposed him
Comments much appreciated
Totty

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooooo much headache.

First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
IdigtheRaiders!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm personally gonna wait until after the Super Bowl to go through a mock offseason, but I agree that Reggie needs to find a trade partner in the draft so we can stockpile.
How many potential picks could we get if we package our 1st rounder and DHB to the highest bidder?

1. Props to Big Palooka for the sig
2. Tim Brown is my favorite NFL player of all time.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totty wrote:
Sooooo much headache.

Welcome back SS

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Totty wrote:
Sooooo much headache.

Welcome back SS

Actually this does kind of look like him. But the user joined in 07? wtf?

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
early43

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to stop reading after the cut Palmer for Vick part... Your reason for cutting Palmer then adding Vick is completely ridiculous. You seriously think Vick is a better real life QB than Palmer?? SMH

I did stop reading once I got to wanting both Stl 1st round picks... I'm sure every team wants both of Stl's 1st rd picks too. Why would the Rams trade up with us?
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

early43 wrote:
I wanted to stop reading after the cut Palmer for Vick part... Your reason for cutting Palmer then adding Vick is completely ridiculous. You seriously think Vick is a better real life QB than Palmer?? SMH

I did stop reading once I got to wanting both Stl 1st round picks... I'm sure every team wants both of Stl's 1st rd picks too. Why would the Rams trade up with us?

Possibly the best draft prospect is at a position of need for them.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Among other things...
early43

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
early43 wrote:

Agreed but is he worth two first rd picks to move up what, 3-4 spots? Why not draft the Michigan tackle and keep the other pick?

I'm not saying I'm against the trade down because I want us to accumulate picks but I don't see Fisher moving up. He's been pretty conservative his whole career with regards to draft hasn't he? I could see us swapping first and picking up a 2nd or 3rd maybe but getting both 1st's in a weak draft class?
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're slated to pick 17 and 22 right now. Possibly even deeper in the round depending on the Washington and Dallas game. Fair value imo. But now I'm not as sold on trying for that deal anymore because of the players in that range

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Among other things...
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

early43 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
early43 wrote:

Agreed but is he worth two first rd picks to move up what, 3-4 spots? Why not draft the Michigan tackle and keep the other pick?

I'm not saying I'm against the trade down because I want us to accumulate picks but I don't see Fisher moving up. He's been pretty conservative his whole career with regards to draft hasn't he? I could see us swapping first and picking up a 2nd or 3rd maybe but getting both 1st's in a weak draft class?

Because they need to get protection no matter what. Also they have 2 1st round picks in 2014 I believe. If there was really someone on the board later on in the 1st(2013) that they had to get they have the firepower to make it happen. And if it is a weak draft class(yet to be determined) it would make it even more likely. Joeckel is considered by most as the safest/most pro ready pick in the draft.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
They're slated to pick 17 and 22 right now. Possibly even deeper in the round depending on the Washington and Dallas game. Fair value imo. But now I'm not as sold on trying for that deal anymore because of the players in that range

That is definatley something to think about and we dont know how the board will play out, bowl games, underclassmen declaring, combine, etc.

However my view is even if there is not two guys in the range if we do get the picks we have firepower to move up and down as needed to get more pieces to fill our roster with quaility players. Other teams always want to move up or down regardless of the draft class. So we really have three options/strategies on how to use those picks if we are able to get them.
Totty

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Totty wrote:
Sooooo much headache.

Welcome back SS

Did you just call me Silver_Surfer mother fu........

First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totty wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Totty wrote:
Sooooo much headache.

Welcome back SS

Did you just call me Silver_Surfer mother fu........

I lol'd

But really, I could see the Rams being movers for obvious reasons and to get the player S&B suggested. We can only pray.

PM sig requests.
early43

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Silver&Black88"]They're slated to pick 17 and 22 right now. Possibly even deeper in the round depending on the Washington and Dallas game. Fair value imo. But now I'm not as sold on trying for that deal anymore because of the players in that range[/

Thats my bad then. I thought their first pick was in the top ten for some reason. I don't know if I like a trade down that far either. That would def put us out of range for guys like Warmack, Jordan, ect.
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="early43"]
Silver&Black88 wrote:
They're slated to pick 17 and 22 right now. Possibly even deeper in the round depending on the Washington and Dallas game. Fair value imo. But now I'm not as sold on trying for that deal anymore because of the players in that range[/

Thats my bad then. I thought their first pick was in the top ten for some reason. I don't know if I like a trade down that far either. That would def put us out of range for guys like Warmack, Jordan, ect.

Actually that would probably put us right in the range to draft Warmack and get good value. Jordan could be there too depending on the combine and such.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: